Travis

Which track has helped you through a BAD time?
spid
spid Posted Mon 07 Jan, 2008 5:36 PM Quote
Mine was/is Follow the Light - when my mum was dying (taken off the ventilator given 1/2 hour to live and then taking 10 days to finnaly go) I had this playing almost constantly. It was surreally soothing and really, really helped in an appalling situation. it almost became a prayer and it stills brings a tear to my eye when i hear it.

Now i'm off to think of a happier example!

Re: Which track has helped you through a BAD time?
Somewhere Else
Somewhere Else Posted Mon 07 Jan, 2008 5:46 PM Quote
All of them! I always seem to be having a bad time ( stressful job) but then I play all the same when I am very happy :-) I dont find the consistency with other music although I do listen to other music but not anywhere near the same degree.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Mon 07 Jan, 2008 5:49 PM Quote
I'm really sorry to hear that Spid. "Follow The Light" Has always been one for me that's uplifting as well and also "Turn." But for some reason, when I'm feeling sad I always connect more with the sad Travis songs. It's like Fran is singing what I'm feeling. I've been in my car alone crying to "Dear Diary," "Some Sad Song," and "Paperclips" and just the other day to "You Bring Me Down."

paul_c
paul_c Posted Mon 07 Jan, 2008 5:52 PM Quote
More Than Us always helps

spid
spid Posted Mon 07 Jan, 2008 5:54 PM Quote
Nikki wrote:
I'm really sorry to hear that Spid. "Follow The Light" Has always been one for me that's uplifting as well and also "Turn." But for some reason, when I'm feeling sad I always connect more with the sad Travis songs. It's like Fran is singing what I'm feeling. I've been in my car alone crying to "Dear Diary," "Some Sad Song," and "Paperclips" and just the other day to "You Bring Me Down."

Thanks Nikki - i still love the song and obviously i still miss my ma, but it's great to be reminded of her whenever i listen to it. I think Fran certainly connects with the angst that rides within most of us and expreses it in a way that is almost palpable. I feel i can reach out a grab those feelings. It makes you feel a lot less isolated in those feelings. i find Travis songs are great for making the creative juices flow (i try to write at times) and they help yopu to focus in on the issues at hand really well.

Eledh
Eledh Posted Mon 07 Jan, 2008 5:57 PM Quote
Turn. Always.
And I find out that... Sometimes I can't listen that song because... You know... It's just too much.
And Happy to Hang Around and Re-Offender and Somwhere Else...
All 12 memories, actually.
But Turn it's the first and only.

goosey_84
goosey_84 Posted Mon 07 Jan, 2008 5:58 PM Quote
Ring out the bell

spid
spid Posted Mon 07 Jan, 2008 5:59 PM Quote
Somewhere Else wrote:
All of them! I always seem to be having a bad time ( stressful job) but then I play all the same when I am very happy :-) I dont find the consistency with other music although I do listen to other music but not anywhere near the same degree.

What do you do?

varz
varz Posted Mon 07 Jan, 2008 6:04 PM Quote
paul_c wrote:
More Than Us always helps

Snap. Beautiful song.

spid
spid Posted Mon 07 Jan, 2008 6:05 PM Quote
goosey_84 wrote:
Ring out the bell

I hadn't heard this - so i went and listened to it - it really is rather beautiful - sad but hopeful - a great choice.

th74
th74 Posted Mon 07 Jan, 2008 6:09 PM Quote
I also like More Than Us, but it really depends on what I'm dealing with to see which song is most appropriate.

Somewhere Else
Somewhere Else Posted Mon 07 Jan, 2008 6:09 PM Quote
spid wrote:
Somewhere Else wrote:

What do you do?

Independant Financial Advisor ( OW!)More regulation than a European Army!

spid
spid Posted Mon 07 Jan, 2008 6:12 PM Quote
Somewhere Else wrote:
spid wrote:
Somewhere Else wrote:

What do you do?

Independant Financial Advisor ( OW!)

Ahh, i suspect that can be bad - i wouldn't know though as our FA does exactly that and is REALLY slow and useless. A 10 min job takes him about 1 1/2 hours. Bleurgh

Esteban
Esteban Posted Mon 07 Jan, 2008 6:15 PM Quote
The Cage & Luv, helped with a pretty tough break-up.

Somewhere Else
Somewhere Else Posted Mon 07 Jan, 2008 6:16 PM Quote
spid wrote:
Somewhere Else wrote:
spid wrote:
Somewhere Else wrote:

What do you do?

Independant Financial Advisor ( OW!)

Ahh, i suspect that can be bad - i wouldn't know though as our FA does exactly that and is REALLY slow and useless. A 10 min job takes him about 1 1/2 hours. Bleurgh

Is that because he is logged on to Travisonline haha

Pages [1] 2 3 Next All Times BST Current Time 5:27 AM