Travis

Re: Stupid things you've heard
lindsey22295
lindsey22295 Posted Fri 24 Aug, 2007 10:55 PM Quote
AbsolutPurple wrote:

i'd answer : "well there's one thing i don't need to ask : d'you have a brain ?"

I'm using that next time!

goosey_84
goosey_84 Posted Fri 24 Aug, 2007 10:56 PM Quote
AbsolutPurple wrote:
and another one, from an old boss coming back from holidaying in Senegal : "They are so black out there !"

ewww?? ignorance is so foul!

...sorry you worked with such a twit btw Abs! asking about anorexia...

lindsey22295
lindsey22295 Posted Fri 24 Aug, 2007 10:58 PM Quote
AbsolutPurple wrote:
and another one, from an old boss coming back from holidaying in Senegal : "They are so black out there !"

I would not know how to respond to that. Probably just walk away. Jeez some people...

AbsolutPurple
AbsolutPurple Posted Fri 24 Aug, 2007 11:00 PM Quote
goosey_84 wrote:
lol Pauletta told Jenny (my korean friend) that her trip to Korea this year was "the trip of a lifetime!! you'll never forget it"....(this was her 2nd or 3rd time to the motherland mind you) i can't imagine most people forget any trip they've ever gone on???

Hahaha !
This reminds me of a friend going to Korea with her boss - and her boss who kept on saying "I'm so excited to see all these japanese !"

lilly
lilly Posted Fri 24 Aug, 2007 11:01 PM Quote
AbsolutPurple wrote:

seriously???

OOOH I have another one, I heard it from a colleague, didn't witness it myself (wish I had):

my boss, during an informal meeting - they were discussing a conference for Germans and Indians that had just taken place:

"You know what. We should get those Indians and populate Eastern Germany with them!"

(Incidentally, the colleague who told me the story was from Dresden, Eastern Germany, and another guy had a girlfriend from India. And when our boss realised that he might have offended them, he turned to the girl and wanted her to say something about the "economy" of Eastern Germany...poor thing...)

AbsolutPurple
AbsolutPurple Posted Fri 24 Aug, 2007 11:04 PM Quote
lilly wrote:

OOOH I have another one, I heard it from a colleague, didn't witness it myself (wish I had):

my boss, during an informal meeting - they were discussing a conference for Germans and Indians that had just taken place:

"You know what. We should get those Indians and populate Eastern Germany with them!"

(Incidentally, the colleague who told me the story was from Dresden, Eastern Germany, and another guy had a girlfriend from India. And when our boss realised that he might have offended them, he turned to the girl and wanted her to say something about the "economy" of Eastern Germany...poor thing...)

it could be George W Bush saying this kind of crap

lilly
lilly Posted Fri 24 Aug, 2007 11:05 PM Quote
AbsolutPurple wrote:
lilly wrote:

it could be George W Bush saying this kind of crap

exactly. it must have been horrible.

paul_c
paul_c Posted Fri 24 Aug, 2007 11:09 PM Quote
First week of uni in first year, a time when you talk to everyone to suss out who's cool and who's to be avoided.

Talking to this girl, i think she was a Nursing Student or something.. anyway, we were talking and it came round to me being from Belfast.

Her: "Belfast... that's in Ireland isn't it?"
Me: "Yeah"
Her: "Gosh! You're English is really good!"
Me: "Erm... thanks"

Didn't really know what to say to that...

lilly
lilly Posted Fri 24 Aug, 2007 11:11 PM Quote
paul_c wrote:
First week of uni in first year, a time when you talk to everyone to suss out who's cool and who's to be avoided.

Talking to this girl, i think she was a Nursing Student or something.. anyway, we were talking and it came round to me being from Belfast.

Her: "Belfast... that's in Ireland isn't it?"
Me: "Yeah"
Her: "Gosh! You're English is really good!"
Me: "Erm... thanks"

Didn't really know what to say to that...

oh nooo!!! where did she come from?

paul_c
paul_c Posted Fri 24 Aug, 2007 11:13 PM Quote
Scotland. Strange thing was, she didn't seem that ditsy before she said that. She was lovely! But just a little bit thick

goosey_84
goosey_84 Posted Fri 24 Aug, 2007 11:15 PM Quote
paul_c wrote:
But just a little bit thick

hahaha that pretty much describes me most days!

AbsolutPurple
AbsolutPurple Posted Fri 24 Aug, 2007 11:15 PM Quote
at the airport, i once talked to an american lady who seemed ok till she declared "George W is great - he's making the world a safer place".

it's like listening to ppl talking about places they've never been - they always say "in those countries...." and then plenty of rubbish.

lilly
lilly Posted Fri 24 Aug, 2007 11:18 PM Quote
paul_c wrote:
Scotland. Strange thing was, she didn't seem that ditsy before she said that. She was lovely! But just a little bit thick

Erm... then it's even more strange... I thought maybe she was...erm... from a far-off village in Bavaria (aahahah)... but it would be good to know who you share a language with...

goosey_84
goosey_84 Posted Fri 24 Aug, 2007 11:19 PM Quote
AbsolutPurple wrote:
at the airport, i once talked to an american lady who seemed ok till she declared "George W is great - he's making the world a safer place".

it's like listening to ppl talking about places they've never been - they always say "in those countries...." and then plenty of rubbish.

you guys know we're not all like that right?? ...sigh...

AbsolutPurple
AbsolutPurple Posted Fri 24 Aug, 2007 11:21 PM Quote
goosey_84 wrote:
AbsolutPurple wrote:

you guys know we're not all like that right?? ...sigh...

of course not ! i personnally think Al Qaeda is making the world a safer plce

Pages Previous 1 [2] 3 4 Next All Times BST Current Time 7:49 PM