Travis

Mr. Smith has arrived !
Ursina
Ursina Posted Mon 29 Sep, 2008 9:38 PM Quote
yesss !! but what a pain it was to get rid of that blimmin cellophane wrapper! lol

anyway it's out and on the 3rd round. :D

On impulse I love Quite Free the best so far. love the guitars. The Andy influence :)

Before You Were Young.... what a declaration of love!

... Friends ! a typical Fran song, brilliant

Song to Self ..... the perfect single ! It seems to sound so much better than the version I heard so far on the radio. Much more volume to it. Makes me wonder if the radio stations got another version than the one on the album, eh Fran ??

more later..... I'm in awe :)

Re: Mr. Smith has arrived !
BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Mon 29 Sep, 2008 11:23 PM Quote
Glad you're enjoying it. :) I was right about Quite Free. I knew, even though its been one of the least mentioned this past 6 months, it would be a fan favourite. Didn't think it would be so soon though.

And unless there is another version out there of Song To Self (apart from the middle 8 one of course), the single and album versions are the same. :) Probably just doesn't sound as good on the radio. :)

Ursina
Ursina Posted Tue 30 Sep, 2008 8:37 AM Quote
ahhh yes maybe it is

what's this middle 8 stuff ? I don't get it lol

martina
martina Posted Tue 30 Sep, 2008 9:40 AM Quote
there was an album preview on 7 digital where the sample of song to self was a middle 8 (which is not in the song we know) but Fran said that was another version of the song and they'd put it up by mistake

flower_in_the_window
flower_in_the_window Posted Tue 30 Sep, 2008 10:34 AM Quote
I am loving "last words"
It's one of my fave's so far!

I can't stop singing "long way down" either!

Ursina
Ursina Posted Tue 30 Sep, 2008 12:03 PM Quote
martina wrote:
there was an album preview on 7 digital where the sample of song to self was a middle 8 (which is not in the song we know) but Fran said that was another version of the song and they'd put it up by mistake

ahhh but...... what is a middle 8 ??? sorry I'm a wee bit stuuupid :-P

Delia24Oct07
Delia24Oct07 Posted Tue 30 Sep, 2008 12:28 PM Quote
Ursina wrote:
yesss !! but what a pain it was to get rid of that blimmin cellophane wrapper! lol

Haha, had the same problem as well, yesterday as it arrived! What a hard fight against that bloody thing! lol

Anyway, as I said, I got it yesterday and now I'm in love with it!

I heard it twice now and I'm looking forward to hearing it again when I'm on my way home.

Especially "Long Way Down", "Friends", "Chinese Blues" and "Before You Were Young" are real magic, "J.Smith", "Song To Self" and "Something Anything" I knew before but are still the same exciting for me!

That album is absolutely great, thank you for make me so happy! And I'm so glad to see paper's mentioning it!

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 10:45 PM