Travis

Metro review - 5 out of 5
kevvvy
kevvvy Posted Mon 29 Sep, 2008 12:31 PM Quote
Great short review in the Metro this morning. Says more in a few paragraphs than the NME try to say in an entire page.

Metro Review

Re: Metro review - 5 out of 5
Nikki
Nikki Posted Mon 29 Sep, 2008 12:41 PM Quote
"With its choirs, pomp and time-changing shifts, title track J Smith is probably the best three-minute, prog pop song ever. Combine this with Healy's knack for a sublime tune, and here it is -the album of Travis's career."

Now THAT'S more like it! Congrats to Travis. :)

Thanks for posting this.

kevvvy
kevvvy Posted Mon 29 Sep, 2008 12:48 PM Quote
Nikki wrote:
"With its choirs, pomp and time-changing shifts, title track J Smith is probably the best three-minute, prog pop song ever. Combine this with Healy's knack for a sublime tune, and here it is -the album of Travis's career."

Now THAT'S more like it! Congrats to Travis. :)

Thanks for posting this.

I was trying to think of any other 3 minute prog pop songs mind you and got stuck lol. Its a great line though. I'd stick it on the album promo posters if I was them :)

minnmess
minnmess Posted Mon 29 Sep, 2008 1:21 PM Quote
"The album of Travis' career" just gave me goosebumps

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Mon 29 Sep, 2008 1:23 PM Quote
It's great! :) I am starting to love it myself now after a shaky start. Always the best albums that take a while to love. And I think I'm going to love this one. :)

erikausagi
erikausagi Posted Wed 01 Oct, 2008 2:14 AM Quote
the album of Travis's career

Great! at least some review is good... not crap like NME... hahaha thanks for share it and thanks to ROBERT HELLER (who wrote it) I'm agree... energy and invention... Thanks for bring us this awesome album guys!!!

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Wed 01 Oct, 2008 2:45 AM Quote
erikausagi wrote:
the album of Travis's career

Great! at least some review is good... not crap like NME... hahaha thanks for share it and thanks to ROBERT HELLER (who wrote it) I'm agree... energy and invention... Thanks for bring us this awesome album guys!!!

Yeah but Travis always get good reviews. And this time is no different. Ok, this is probably more positive than most (in fact so positive i almost disagree! Haha. I mean, i don't think its the album of Travis' career) but they've got plenty of 4 stars and stuff again. :)

travisturkey
travisturkey Posted Wed 01 Oct, 2008 9:11 AM Quote
Great review!

Tonie
Tonie Posted Wed 01 Oct, 2008 10:09 AM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
I am starting to love it myself now after a shaky start. Always the best albums that take a while to love. And I think I'm going to love this one. :)

I am also currently experiencing the same shaky start. But I do agree that the albums that stick and become favourites are the ones that take a bit of work at the offset! So I'm quietly confident that this will be a grower :)

Tonie
Tonie Posted Wed 01 Oct, 2008 10:09 AM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
I am starting to love it myself now after a shaky start. Always the best albums that take a while to love. And I think I'm going to love this one. :)

I am also currently experiencing the same shaky start. But I do agree that the albums that stick and become favourites are the ones that take a bit of work at the offset! So I'm quietly confident that this will be a grower :)

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Wed 01 Oct, 2008 10:13 AM Quote
Tonie wrote:
BenFilbert wrote:

Keep working at it. ;) You'll love it soon. 4 times all the way through yesterday. Get Up is ok but it doesn't deserve to be on the album. It's flat and unexciting compared to all the others. Loving Broken Mirror now. :)

Kristy
Kristy Posted Wed 01 Oct, 2008 11:10 AM Quote
"the album of Travis's career"

*wonders if the reviewer has listened to TMW*

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 8:48 AM