Travis

School shooting in Finland
Hanne
Hanne Posted Tue 23 Sep, 2008 11:52 AM Quote
Again!

From the beeb

I can't believe it. Why do some people insist on killing other people before shooting themselves?

Re: School shooting in Finland
mili
mili Posted Tue 23 Sep, 2008 11:58 AM Quote
Creepy, we even had the same headline choice.

It's beyond me how a 22-year old man can lose it like that! I feel really sorry for all those poor students and their families. We (the nation) haven't quite recovered from the previous incident, and this is bound to get all the pranksters on the move again.
I hope this is not going to cause another set of sleepless nights in our household, last time something like this happened my daughter was really freaked out and frightened, refused to sleep on her own.

Hanne
Hanne Posted Tue 23 Sep, 2008 12:09 PM Quote
Events like these always seem to inspire other self-absorbed teenagers into doing the same. As if it would end their pain to see other people suffering.

Some years ago, there was an incident where a father had killed his wife and children, and then himself. He suffered from a severe depression, and people around him said that for a week or two up to the killings, he'd seemed to suddenly get a lot better. A phsychologist said that it was because he's made the decision to save his family from the pain of the world, and he felt good about it.

Maybe that's what happens to those warped minds of school shooters.

In any case, I hope that your daughter can sleep this time. Is it anywhere near where you live?

mili
mili Posted Tue 23 Sep, 2008 12:26 PM Quote
This time it's further away from us than last time. I live in Helsinki, south coast, and this is in the north-west.

Peewee
Peewee Posted Tue 23 Sep, 2008 12:30 PM Quote
That is AWFUL! Why do they do this? I just don't understand why people would feel so out of touch and desperate that they would firstly kill another person(s) and then kill themselves!

It's just so sad and I couldn't imagine how I would feel If I was related to the victims or even worse to the culprit.

Hanne
Hanne Posted Tue 23 Sep, 2008 12:30 PM Quote
Yeah I saw the map. Good to know that you're not anywhere near the place :o)

Hanne
Hanne Posted Tue 23 Sep, 2008 12:37 PM Quote
Latest news is that 9 have died, and the killer tried to shoot himself but survived.

daytimeoyster
daytimeoyster Posted Tue 23 Sep, 2008 12:41 PM Quote
that's really awful..
and life is really too short and unpredictable..

mili
mili Posted Tue 23 Sep, 2008 12:46 PM Quote
Hanne wrote:
Latest news is that 9 have died, and the killer tried to shoot himself but survived.

Yes, they're taking him to a Univerity hospital in Tampere.

There's also another threat going on in another school in a nearby town, the schools are part of the same college. There was also a fire in the school where the shooting happened.

Hanne
Hanne Posted Tue 23 Sep, 2008 12:51 PM Quote
apparently they fear that he put a bomb in the school as well. Sick f*cker.

Jennny
Jennny Posted Tue 23 Sep, 2008 8:42 PM Quote
Again. It feels unreal. And from the last what i've heard is that besides the killer ten students died. I know there's no use judging the acts of the police but it's rather difficult to believe that someone can find a person who puts shooting videos in the internet etc. harmless. Last year a bit after the Jokela episode one of those baseless threats came to my school, a upper-secondary-school in Jyväskylä, and the entire school was evacuated. Surely, it was harmless but the shock and the fright i can still remember. Wonder whether the baseless threats will again start increasing. Another terrible thing is that this time i wasn't half as terrified as year ago, how come one can go numb to things like these?

mili
mili Posted Tue 23 Sep, 2008 9:54 PM Quote
Hanne wrote:
apparently they fear that he put a bomb in the school as well. Sick f*cker.

That was a hoax. Someone having "fun".

Hanne
Hanne Posted Tue 23 Sep, 2008 10:01 PM Quote
mili wrote:

Like someone was having 'fun' at a big train station in Denmark today. A woman phoned the police saying that they're was a bomb, and the station was subsequently closed for two hours during rush hour. Har bloody har.

mili
mili Posted Tue 23 Sep, 2008 10:06 PM Quote
Hanne wrote:
mili wrote:

Like someone was having 'fun' at a big train station in Denmark today. A woman phoned the police saying that they're was a bomb, and the station was subsequently closed for two hours during rush hour. Har bloody har.

People are sick.

The Finnish idiot had been planning this since 2002. I can't believe nobody suspected anything!

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 12:56 PM