Travis

Re: Baseball fever anyone?
ashleyb
ashleyb Posted Wed 24 Sep, 2008 6:15 PM Quote
SAM(LOS ANGELES) wrote:
ashleyb wrote:
SAM(LOS ANGELES) wrote:
and in the american, i honestly would rather see the twins in the playoffs than the red sox, they may have been around a long time, and they may know their stuff, but i'd like to see some new blood in the playoffs this year, that would be fun

I'm glad to hear you're behind the Twins! We just need to take this series from the Chisox and then hang on against the Royals (which, hopefully, won't be too hard).

i think they will,this is the time of year where you see who the real contenders are, the true identities of teams come out, i think that all three of us, you, me, and tk are rooting for winners!....a playoff run would be great! the last one for me,us, was back a couple years ago against a really good mets team, at that time, they knocked maddux around pretty good, but it was still the most fun i had experienced at the ballpark all year that year!

I certainly hope you're right! The Rays are already in, and you guys are up three, so you should be able to hang on for the rest of the season. I just wish we weren't back 1 1/2. Of course, we've had experience coming from behind... The most memorable endings to seasons are the ones with the close races though, especially if one ends up on top...

ashleyb
ashleyb Posted Wed 24 Sep, 2008 6:18 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
ashleyb wrote:
But you're right you know. Certain things tend to get people going.

Oh, and as a Twins fan, to a Canadian, thanks for Morneau!

you're welcome. I'll spread the word of your thanks. I think he's from BC so im going to have to shout loudly.

Should I send you a megaphone? Or perhaps throat lozenges? They might come in handy.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Wed 24 Sep, 2008 6:26 PM Quote
ashleyb wrote:
minnmess wrote:
ashleyb wrote:

you're welcome. I'll spread the word of your thanks. I think he's from BC so im going to have to shout loudly.

Should I send you a megaphone? Or perhaps throat lozenges? They might come in handy.

Both please. 4000km of yelling is sure to hurt.

SAM(LOS ANGELES)
SAM(LOS ANGELES) Posted Wed 24 Sep, 2008 6:34 PM Quote
ashleyb wrote:
SAM(LOS ANGELES) wrote:
ashleyb wrote:
SAM(LOS ANGELES) wrote:
and in the american, i honestly would rather see the twins in the playoffs than the red sox, they may have been around a long time, and they may know their stuff, but i'd like to see some new blood in the playoffs this year, that would be fun

I'm glad to hear you're behind the Twins! We just need to take this series from the Chisox and then hang on against the Royals (which, hopefully, won't be too hard).

i think they will,this is the time of year where you see who the real contenders are, the true identities of teams come out, i think that all three of us, you, me, and tk are rooting for winners!....a playoff run would be great! the last one for me,us, was back a couple years ago against a really good mets team, at that time, they knocked maddux around pretty good, but it was still the most fun i had experienced at the ballpark all year that year!

I certainly hope you're right! The Rays are already in, and you guys are up three, so you should be able to hang on for the rest of the season. I just wish we weren't back 1 1/2. Of course, we've had experience coming from behind... The most memorable endings to seasons are the ones with the close races though, especially if one ends up on top...

the white sox haven't shown that they can close ppl out all year, and their manager can be a bit of a headcase, just win tonight and take it, one game at a time

TK23
TK23 Posted Sat 27 Sep, 2008 4:07 PM Quote
Rays won AL East!!!!!!

minnmess
minnmess Posted Sat 27 Sep, 2008 5:04 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
ashleyb wrote:
minnmess wrote:
ashleyb wrote:

Both please. 4000km of yelling is sure to hurt.

ive had a sore throat the last couple of days. i think it's from all this yelling!

hennypenny
hennypenny Posted Sun 28 Sep, 2008 12:41 AM Quote
Congrats to the Rays!

SAM(LOS ANGELES)
SAM(LOS ANGELES) Posted Mon 29 Sep, 2008 4:26 PM Quote
So far, these are the teams that will be participating in the Playoffs:
Tampa Bay Rays-Florida-American League
Boston Red Sox-Massachusetts-American league
Anaheim Angels of Los Angeles-California-American League
Chicago Cubs-Illinois-National League
Milwaukee Brewers-Wisconsin-National League
Philadelphia Phillies-Pennsylvania-National League
Los Angeles Dodgers-California!!!!-National League

Yet to be determined: The final playoff contender from the American League, either Chicago White Sox or Minnesota Twins

SAM(LOS ANGELES)
SAM(LOS ANGELES) Posted Mon 29 Sep, 2008 6:08 PM Quote
TK23 wrote:
Rays won AL East!!!!!!

imagine, your rays against ashley's twins??? oh man!, while we have to play the cubs, what do you think about that?

SAM(LOS ANGELES)
SAM(LOS ANGELES) Posted Mon 29 Sep, 2008 6:10 PM Quote
ashleyb wrote:
minnmess wrote:
ashleyb wrote:

crazy!good job by your twins,talk about pressure, forcing the sox to play today, just to get the chance to play you guys in a one game playoff! you think it will come to that???

ashleyb
ashleyb Posted Tue 30 Sep, 2008 1:36 AM Quote
minnmess wrote:

ive had a sore throat the last couple of days. i think it's from all this yelling!

oh no! Did you not get my package in time?!? Thanks for getting the word out though.

ashleyb
ashleyb Posted Tue 30 Sep, 2008 1:38 AM Quote
SAM(LOS ANGELES) wrote:
crazy!good job by your twins,talk about pressure, forcing the sox to play today, just to get the chance to play you guys in a one game playoff! you think it will come to that???

Thanks! We were pretty clutch against the Sox. Let's just hope we can pull it off tomorrow though. I wish the Tigers could have saved us the trouble.

SAM(LOS ANGELES)
SAM(LOS ANGELES) Posted Tue 30 Sep, 2008 5:09 PM Quote
ashleyb wrote:
SAM(LOS ANGELES) wrote:

Thanks! We were pretty clutch against the Sox. Let's just hope we can pull it off tomorrow though. I wish the Tigers could have saved us the trouble.

This is it! Good luck!!!!:-)

minnmess
minnmess Posted Tue 30 Sep, 2008 5:23 PM Quote
ashleyb wrote:
minnmess wrote:

oh no! Did you not get my package in time?!? Thanks for getting the word out though.

came just in time! all better now, lol. The msg made it's way to BC. His fam says "you're welcome"

th74
th74 Posted Wed 01 Oct, 2008 2:11 AM Quote
ashleyb wrote:

Stop the presses! You're a Twins fan, too?! Yeah! I am nervously watching tonights game, since Detroit was no help at all.

Pages Previous 1...2 3 4 5 [6] 7 Next All Times BST Current Time 10:31 PM