Travis

Re: Hey, hey hockey fans!
Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Tue 25 May, 2010 2:17 PM Quote
Yesterday driving home, Rachel says,
R: Mommy, I'm getting worried about something.
Me: What are you worried about?
R: We haven't seen Chris Osgood in a Looooong time.
Me: I think he was injured.
R: Oh, no! What if he's DEAD!?

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Tue 25 May, 2010 3:10 PM Quote
i've made thr free will choice to let kristy pick my team for me. they better win or stonny hamilton will be toast

minnmess
minnmess Posted Tue 25 May, 2010 4:42 PM Quote
ricv64 wrote:
i've made thr free will choice to let kristy pick my team for me. they better win or stonny hamilton will be toast

HAHA! is that where I live?
I don't like either team, so I dont care. I maybe like Philly 0.5% more because Mark Recchi used to play for them and I used to slightly care about them when he did.

Ha, from the mouths of babes.

Yzerman: Lightning GM. weird. Discuss.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Tue 25 May, 2010 6:04 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:

Sad and weird. :(
I wonder if he'll move his family down there. I know for a while he said he didn't want to take them out of their school.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Tue 25 May, 2010 6:24 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
minnmess wrote:

Sad and weird. :(
I wonder if he'll move his family down there. I know for a while he said he didn't want to take them out of their school.

it is weird. I think he'd be a great GM, he proved that with the Olympic team, but not with the Wings will be so strange. But with Ken Holland as Wings GM, i think he knew he wouldnt have a chance at that job anytime soon.

Maybe move them to start next year? I think it will be strange for him and his family to not live in somewhere so focused on hockey considering he has lived his whole life in Canada/Detroit

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Wed 26 May, 2010 2:05 PM Quote
HA HA, I slippped in a RUSH reference on my last post ........ RAWK !

Darran
Darran Posted Sun 30 May, 2010 4:27 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
Why is this thread suddenly on top? The last post was Wed.

This was supposed to go in the hockey thread. As is the what a great game post. Which I didn't write.

WHAT IS GOING ON????

minnmess
minnmess Posted Thu 10 Jun, 2010 4:20 AM Quote
I just got in from my own game, turned on the tv and Chicago scored 15 seconds later. Most awkward/lame Cup winning goal ever. No one knew it went in.
And with that, the 09-10 season is over.

Chicago? Stanley Cup? weeeeiiiiiirrrrd.

Darran
Darran Posted Tue 22 Jun, 2010 9:33 AM Quote
http://www.belfastgiants.com/

http://bruins.nhl.com/

Darran
Darran Posted Sun 03 Oct, 2010 3:51 PM Quote
Last night was the night. Amazing.

The Bruins sucked for a fair while until we went and scored against them.

http://www.u.tv/UTVMediaPlayer/Default.aspx?vidid=132787&chapid=108233&arti_id=c1aae5f7-a07c-4173-9ee6-39ca7baefd35

http://www.darrangilpin.info/

mili
mili Posted Sun 03 Oct, 2010 4:39 PM Quote
The NHL season is apparently starting, some teams are playing here, in my home town! I believe it's the teams with most Finns, Minnesota and Carolina.

Today was a Minnesota free practice (didn't notice that in time, the boy might have been interested), but apart from that the tickets are pretty expensive.

The Finnish hockey season started already a couple of weeks ago.

Darran
Darran Posted Thu 07 Oct, 2010 7:29 AM Quote
The Giants have gone and signed Brad Smyth to cover our injuries so far this season.

Ex Panther,Kings,Rangers and Sens player!!

Nikki
Nikki Posted Sun 10 Oct, 2010 4:13 AM Quote
Wow. Hockey is back! Went to the Wings season opener for my birthday yesterday and it was the most fun I've ever had at a game! Ah! It was nuts!!!!

- Four goals
- Wings get shutout
- Modano scored his first goal as a Red Wing
- Tons of fights aaannnnd
- Pavel freakin' Datsyuk got in a badass fight and held his own against Corey Perry of the Ducks! We are talking Lady Byng candidate here. Oh man, it rocked.

And I had to text Anne at the end of the game cuz a fight broke out after the whistle blew and they were playing "Don't Stop Believin'" over the loud speakers! LOL. It was like the players were fighting with this soundtrack in the background. Hilarious. So of course the crowd went nuts.

Our seats were literally the LAST row. I thought it was going to suck but the view was actually quite good and seriously everyone up there was having a blast. I think I may actually prefer sitting up there, haha! I got some good pics, too:

http://i54.tinypic.com/x42lu9.jpg

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Sun 02 Jan, 2011 3:08 PM Quote
Last night I caught a few minutes of hockey and saw something I don't feel I've noticed before. The circle things near the goals look an awful lot like boobs.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Sun 02 Jan, 2011 6:35 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
Last night I caught a few minutes of hockey and saw something I don't feel I've noticed before. The circle things near the goals look an awful lot like boobs.

*slaps forehead*
Oh Annie, somethings never change.

I went to a World Junior game in Buffalo the other day. I've never seen so many Canadians gathered in one place in a non Canadian city. It was pretty awesome sauce.
Even though the tournament is in the States, 65% of tickets were sold to Canadians. And they had to order more beer.
Oh, and the old adage about all Canadians knowing each other? Ya, I ran into 2 guys that grew up around the corner from me.

Pages Previous 1...72 73 74 75 [76] 77 78 79 80 81 82 Next All Times BST Current Time 12:14 PM