Travis

Re: Hey, hey hockey fans!
Darran
Darran Posted Thu 11 Dec, 2008 9:39 AM Quote
How embarrassing that a man of 38 had to score the GWG.

Plus it was only against our backup.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Thu 11 Dec, 2008 12:35 PM Quote
That's the best you got, eh? lol. Oh, poor Darran...trying to diss the best defensemen of our time. You WISH you had that 38 year old.

PS: We had our backup in as well.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Thu 11 Dec, 2008 12:38 PM Quote
why were there so many empty seats? I know economic times arent great in the D, but some people have got to have money...and arent there season ticket holders? It looked like 1/3 of the 100 section was empty

Nikki
Nikki Posted Thu 11 Dec, 2008 2:18 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
why were there so many empty seats? I know economic times arent great in the D, but some people have got to have money...and arent there season ticket holders? It looked like 1/3 of the 100 section was empty

Welcome to our crisis. The empty seats are 100 percent because of the economy. People here are struggling horribly. We have great fans and we love our hockey team. We’re the Champs, and have been the best team for ages, how could we not love the Wings? This is Hockeytown, but it’s just too expensive. I haven’t been to a game this season and I’m the biggest fan ever! Doesn’t mean I don’t support the team. My mom got laid off yesterday for 3 months. The auto industry affects EVERYONE here.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Thu 11 Dec, 2008 3:01 PM Quote
Kristy, that picture is hilarious and does seem like it was made for us.

Nikki that totally stinks about your mom. How exactly are you laid off for three months?

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Thu 11 Dec, 2008 4:06 PM Quote
Nikki is right. Hockey tickets are very expensive. If you haven't lost your job already, you are worried that you will soon and are hoarding cash like a miser. My husband used to complain about his job all the time and recently said, "I'm going to quit complaining about my job and be grateful that I have one." Every company is somehow related to the auto industry. If you don't work for it, then a company you do business with does business with them. Your biggest client's, biggest client's, biggest client is the auto industry. Stuff like that. It all trickles down. Christmas is going to be very lean for a lot of families this year.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Thu 11 Dec, 2008 4:17 PM Quote
I think you should diversify your industry. Think about opening a milkbag factory.

Dont the Wings do rush tickets or anything?

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Thu 11 Dec, 2008 4:29 PM Quote
What are rush tickets? Like last minute discount?

minnmess
minnmess Posted Thu 11 Dec, 2008 4:32 PM Quote
yup.

A lot of teams, if they arent sold out say 2 days before a game, send out mass emails with major discounts.
Sometimes they are just student rushes, sometimes they are general.
Or half price kids games. Things like that.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Thu 11 Dec, 2008 4:38 PM Quote
I don't know if they do this or not. If they do, I've never heard of it.

Rachel came home from Little Caesar's a few nights ago with a pocket-sized Wings schedule and she read something about great seats being "only" $350 dollars. She doesn't really have much concept how money, but she said, "ONLY!!?? Isn't $350 a lot of money?"

Rachel is so funny with that schedule. She was very concerned when April was only half a month. I had to explain to her about the play-offs. For a kid who never gets to stay up for an entire game, she gets very emotional.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Thu 11 Dec, 2008 4:46 PM Quote
good seats are ridiculously priced.
I like sitting in the cheap seats with my fellow poor people. Although even the cheap seats are rarely cheap. Especially come playoff time.
Ive only once shelled out major $$ for one game and that was to see Mark Messier. I think we were in the 6th row. It was on of the funniest nights of my life. I had friends visiting from home and my friend Allie agreed to spend this ridiculous amount because her favourite player, Anson Carter, was also on the Rangers. The day before the game he got traded and she freaked out. And then our friend Andy wiped out on the ice outside the arena and flew 5 feet in the air, Allie almost peed her pants walking back to my place because she was laughing so hard and really had to pee, and it was about -40 out. Good times.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Thu 11 Dec, 2008 5:31 PM Quote
RIC!
Please read the last line of this article.

http://communities.canada.com/ottawacitizen/blogs/hockeycapital/archive/2008/12/11/and-you-thought-quot-sens-quot-was-bad.aspx

That logo is messed up. I kinda like the helmet thing, but it totally just looks like an old grumpy dude.

Darran
Darran Posted Thu 11 Dec, 2008 5:39 PM Quote
That's why they leave there to play for The Giants and write random whitterings like this

http://www.belfastgiants.com/blogs/robins-nest/

Bobby confuses me, he would be a good poet.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Thu 11 Dec, 2008 5:44 PM Quote
that was...interesting.
Very deep for a hockey player though.
"pungent perspiration" - very accurate

"We find secret pleasures that our bodies crave, and offer the mechanism treats: candy, drink, any little cheat that delivers satisfaction" - im glad he didnt get any more discriptive than that

Nikki
Nikki Posted Thu 11 Dec, 2008 5:47 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
Kristy, that picture is hilarious and does seem like it was made for us.

Nikki that totally stinks about your mom. How exactly are you laid off for three months?

Thanks, Anne. I'm not sure exactly. It was just for all hourly workers. They have to take 3 months off and can collect unemployment.

Kayte, I'm now thinking like Don. I'm happy just to have a job! The big news of the day:

News, Freep Poised For Big Changes?

Detroit (WWJ) -- Metro Detroit could be in for a serious "paper cut."

Sources have told WWJ's Vickie Thomas that word will come down Tuesday, when Detroit's two daily newspapers, the Detroit Free Press and the Detroit News are expected to announce as many as 300 layoffs, among other big changes.

The newspaper, sources said, will also only be delivering printed editions on Thursday, Friday, and Sunday, as they move to get more people to subscribe to .pdf versions of the papers. One Detroit News reporter told WWJ that everyone is worried, and at the Detroit Free Press, the mood is grim too, with someone putting up a sign that reads "No Bummer Zone" in response to morale.

Detroit Media Partnership spokesman Leland Bassett said that they do expect to print a daily paper, but adds that they're looking at all options.

It also appears that each paper has set up an online site for electronic subscriptions.

This is NOT GOOD.

Pages Previous 1...11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 Next All Times BST Current Time 6:44 PM