Travis

Re: Travis - I Kissed A Girl
minnmess
minnmess Posted Fri 19 Sep, 2008 7:16 PM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
Thanks to the original uploader. Don't know if they're on the board. I just ripped it and converted to mp3. I really love it. Don't know if I know the original though I know it was a big hit. Hopefully they'll play it on the upcoming tour. :)

you are lucky if you dont know the original.

Chiito-chan
Chiito-chan Posted Fri 19 Sep, 2008 7:49 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
BenFilbert wrote:
Thanks to the original uploader. Don't know if they're on the board. I just ripped it and converted to mp3. I really love it. Don't know if I know the original though I know it was a big hit. Hopefully they'll play it on the upcoming tour. :)

Hahaha

Light
Light Posted Fri 19 Sep, 2008 8:03 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
BenFilbert wrote:

Haha, just my thoughts. ;)

rebekah
rebekah Posted Fri 19 Sep, 2008 8:13 PM Quote
i liike (: i don't really like the original but i like Travis' take on it :D hope they do for the UK gigs!

lindsey22295
lindsey22295 Posted Fri 19 Sep, 2008 8:23 PM Quote
Fantastic! Thanks. I'm not a fan of the original, but I'm loving this.

Stepiper
Stepiper Posted Fri 19 Sep, 2008 8:33 PM Quote
This is so much better than the original one!

gaby
gaby Posted Fri 19 Sep, 2008 10:59 PM Quote
thanks!
I didn´t know about the original but I enjoyed Travis` version so much, so Im guessing this is the new "Baby One more time"?? :P

Nikki
Nikki Posted Fri 19 Sep, 2008 11:24 PM Quote
I haven't been online all day and my jaw just hit the floor when I saw the title of this thread! :O LOL!

It's REALLY cool! Nice wirk Fran & Andy!!! You guys can make anything sound great!!

valen
valen Posted Fri 19 Sep, 2008 11:55 PM Quote
It's important to note that Fran sang it with the opinion that it wasn't a song about lesbians, but rather that it was from a man with problems about his sexuality - it makes the whole text of the song extra funny.

akanksha
akanksha Posted Sat 20 Sep, 2008 12:36 AM Quote
valen wrote:
It's important to note that Fran sang it with the opinion that it wasn't a song about lesbians, but rather that it was from a man with problems about his sexuality - it makes the whole text of the song extra funny.

It really does. I think this version is several times better than the original!
Thanks for the mp3 ^^

hennypenny
hennypenny Posted Sat 20 Sep, 2008 1:00 AM Quote
great job boys:)

MariaMak
MariaMak Posted Sat 20 Sep, 2008 1:25 AM Quote
The lads could make any song sound class.. Cool!

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Sat 20 Sep, 2008 1:52 AM Quote
akanksha wrote:
Thanks for the mp3 ^^

That's ok. :)

I'm starting to think i'd love them to record this. Or certainly take the arrangement of parts of it into a new song, unless it's too close to the original of course. And great vocal by Fran. He's getting better he really is. I think his voice got a bit shaky during the 12 Memories period at times, perhaps his smoking, but it's getting better. Quite a few times recently we've commented on his strong vocals. Sarah and Used To Belong spring to mind. Well done Fran. :)

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Sat 20 Sep, 2008 2:03 AM Quote
Oh and some people might not realise this. In an interview at V Festival, when told that their cover of Baby One More Time was a V Festival classic moment, they were asked if another cover was planned. They said no, but they also said that 'I Kissed A Girl' was talked about. So i imagine they had rehearsed it and stuff at that point. I think Fran talked about changing it to 'I Kissed A Boy'.

RaZzZ
RaZzZ Posted Sat 20 Sep, 2008 4:13 AM Quote
WTF!!!!
Andy´s guitar is pretty amazing!

Pages Previous 1 [2] 3 4 5 Next All Times BST Current Time 5:45 PM