Travis

J Smith Elevator (video)
jesusaremus
jesusaremus Posted Wed 17 Sep, 2008 7:41 PM Quote
I don't know if all of this is true, but the video's interestinghere's the link, is on spanish, but i'll make my best to translate it well:

http://msfera.wordpress.com/2008/09/08/travis-jsmith-y-41-horas-de-ascensor/

Ode to J. Smith is the title of the new Travis Album, which will be release next 29th September. Today was release the video of "J. Smith" song included on the album. The song last 3:18 min. and it's kind of weird. It's rock, but with a mix of "choirs" like "Opera" a little strident.

The thing has been trying to hearthe song, 'cause the video it's really the most interesting. Travis has look to a story of a man, in the year of 1999, and in the city of New York he got trapped 41 hours in an elevator.

The elevators of the building was provided of security cameras, and during thhis 3:18 minutes Travis show us all that poor man did on a place about 1 meter and half for one meter and half. It's a little claustrophobic to think that he was almost 2 days on it. Besides, with J Smith sounding on the background, and it's choirs, sounds more desesperating.

So that man inspired the video, doesn't it? i don't think the song is inspired on him.
But the video's interesting, i liked it, and feel frustrated to see that man on that place :s

Re: J Smith Elevator (video)
Monica
Monica Posted Thu 18 Sep, 2008 12:49 PM Quote
What's that??? :O Hahaha.

jambut
jambut Posted Thu 18 Sep, 2008 1:46 PM Quote
pretty random i'm guessing thats probably not the official vid though. I wanna go back to the good ol days of travis videos of press ups and fighting, of eggs and unbelieveable homosexual undertone ;)

and yer Song to Self vid. Personally i dont like it as its just Fran but im sure it'll be lapped by radio 1, they love the whole Chris Martin selfishness thing lol.

frandougeil
frandougeil Posted Thu 18 Sep, 2008 5:01 PM Quote
jambut wrote:
pretty random i'm guessing thats probably not the official vid though. I wanna go back to the good ol days of travis videos of press ups and fighting, of eggs and unbelieveable homosexual undertone ;)

yup!yup!those were awesome.always injected with a little bit of humour.very Travis.

jambut wrote:
and yer Song to Self vid. Personally i dont like it as its just Fran but im sure it'll be lapped by radio 1, they love the whole Chris Martin selfishness thing lol.

totally agree..the moment i saw it i thought it wouldn't feel that wrong if Chris Martin did that.Fran alone and lonely w/o the others felt a bit empty.maybe that's the whole point of it coz the title is song to self..Maybe the video will grow on me after i watch it a few more times?

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 4:48 AM