Travis

Re: Song To Self Video
Nikki
Nikki Posted Wed 17 Sep, 2008 1:44 AM Quote
Kayte! I just sent 93.9 The River a link to the video. I haven't heard it on Detroit radio yet, have you?

Here is the e-mail addy if you want to bug them, lol. I think they are sick of me. :)

youshouldplaythis@939theriverradio.com

heich
heich Posted Wed 17 Sep, 2008 1:46 AM Quote
the video just made me like even more the song

and just for the record for the spanish speaking boardies, anal has a different meaning in english from what i has in Spanish....maybe thats why you are finding it very funny lol

renatorp
renatorp Posted Wed 17 Sep, 2008 2:01 AM Quote
Great video, as usual

minnmess
minnmess Posted Wed 17 Sep, 2008 2:02 AM Quote
heich wrote:

and just for the record for the spanish speaking boardies, anal has a different meaning in english from what i has in Spanish....maybe thats why you are finding it very funny lol

what does it mean in Spanish?

heich
heich Posted Wed 17 Sep, 2008 2:24 AM Quote
minnmess wrote:
heich wrote:

as far as i know its not that it means something else....but for example, if i'm not wrong, in english anal can be used for obsessive or perfectionist, right? and then theres the other meaning we all know lol...well, in spanish its not used as a synonym for neurotic, obsessive, perfectionist, and so on

jesusaremus
jesusaremus Posted Wed 17 Sep, 2008 2:25 AM Quote
Wow! a great video! simple, but amazing! great job on it! now i'm more excited for the album version of it, with the middle 8

minnmess wrote:
heich wrote:

the same, you know... hahaha

jesusaremus
jesusaremus Posted Wed 17 Sep, 2008 2:30 AM Quote
heich wrote:
minnmess wrote:
heich wrote:

as far as i know its not that it means something else....but for example, if i'm not wrong, in english anal can be used for obsessive or perfectionist, right? and then theres the other meaning me all know lol...well, in spanish its not used as a synonym for neurotic, obsessive, perfectionist, and so on

neurotico, obsesivo, perfeccionista.

i didn't knew that on english, yeap, on spanish, it means something... different XD.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Wed 17 Sep, 2008 2:41 AM Quote
yes, in English it has both meanings. But generally only has one meaning when followed by the word "probe"

(reminded of the live clip in which Fran is introducing Claes and says the Swedish are anal)

Eledh
Eledh Posted Wed 17 Sep, 2008 2:43 AM Quote
It's weird... But I kinda like it.
It's weird to see Fran like that and... Just... Sad and lonely...
Makes me feel like I'm lonely too... And it's not so far from the truth.

I miss Dougie, Andy and Neil, though. :P

Meridith
Meridith Posted Wed 17 Sep, 2008 3:56 AM Quote
Well done Fran! I really heart this song. I think the video definitely reflects the loneliness and isolation that it was meant to. Such a beautiful song. I can't wait to hear this album as a whole!!!

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Wed 17 Sep, 2008 4:23 AM Quote
This video is wonderful. It definitely captures the loneliness of the lyrics. The acid/lava lamp thing is cool and while it's so simple it keeps your attention.

I was thinking if someone had never heard of Travis and this was their first exposure to them, it wouldn't help the "Travis is a guy" problem. Who cares though, it's just a funny thought. : )

This song is achingly beautiful.

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Wed 17 Sep, 2008 4:34 AM Quote
I look forward to seeing it on Thursday. Great song. Great single. Hope it gets a release here in the UK. :) Fran... ;) hehe

Nikki
Nikki Posted Wed 17 Sep, 2008 5:16 AM Quote
My favorite (and the saddest) part of this video is at 2:09 when Fran sings "just makin' it up in my head" and looks up to the sky.

http://i35.tinypic.com/2q8dmq8.jpg

SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Wed 17 Sep, 2008 5:25 AM Quote
cool...kinda reminds me of that media player thing that changes along with the music!

yonan
yonan Posted Wed 17 Sep, 2008 7:15 AM Quote
wow, i dont know, it's so different. it has none of the usual Travis quirkiness, for starters.

perhaps in the word of a recent movie/comic villain: "why so serious?"

Pages Previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 Next All Times BST Current Time 2:47 AM