Travis

Re: WHAT!!!!????? O.o (international Dates)
iraida
iraida Posted Mon 15 Sep, 2008 8:41 PM Quote
Why Japan first?!

minnmess
minnmess Posted Mon 15 Sep, 2008 9:02 PM Quote
iraida wrote:
Why Japan first?!

bc they have good sushi? Bc they are like 12 hours ahead?

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Mon 15 Sep, 2008 9:39 PM Quote
Meridith wrote:
I really hope that US Amazon gets it that early. The exact same thing happened with the new James album that is out. It was available in the UK months ago...it was listed before the UK release on the US amazon, so we pre-ordered it. Everything looked great like it would go through. Then when the day came that it was released or shortly after that...Amazon sent us an email saying they couldn't get it and refunded our money. The album is finally available here tomorrow. So, I'm debating on whether to try this again with Ode or not.

That's good to know that I should expect an "oops, my bad" email from them. I'm still going to keep the order just in case that doesn't happen.

I'll get it soon one way or another!

oflo84
oflo84 Posted Mon 15 Sep, 2008 10:21 PM Quote
I thinkI will buy it at Play. Here in Spain will cost like 20 Euros... thats too much.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Tue 16 Sep, 2008 3:08 AM Quote
minnmess wrote:
iraida wrote:
Why Japan first?!

bc they have good sushi? Bc with they are like 12 hours ahead?

LOL! Kristy! Good guesses. That is a interesting question, though. I wonder why Japan is always first and why they usually get extra tracks, not that I'm jealous or anything. Nope. Not at all. :P

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Tue 16 Sep, 2008 4:47 AM Quote
Nikki wrote:

LOL! Kristy! Good guesses. That is a interesting question, though. I wonder why Japan is always first and why they usually get extra tracks, not that I'm jealous or anything. Nope. Not at all. :P

Who could be jealous of that? :oP
But seriously, lots of bands do that.

auronsquall
auronsquall Posted Tue 16 Sep, 2008 4:49 AM Quote
minnmess wrote:
iraida wrote:
Why Japan first?!

bc they have good sushi? Bc they are like 12 hours ahead?

Japan always releases their CDs and new music on Wednesdays, just like how America is always done on a Tuesday, so it really was based on a preference on whether they wanted to have the release before the UK or after it

bigideas
bigideas Posted Thu 18 Sep, 2008 3:55 PM Quote
oh, man, i've been trying to find the US release date, but on Nov 4th - election day?

very strange.

everyone wanting to buy it import - you may do some fact checking first, because a lot of times when the US date is later than a UK one it means the US edition gets bonus tracks.

i know one of Clinic's albums came out maybe 6 months later and it had a bonus track.

even Travis' The Man Who had bonus tracks for the US release (i have no idea if it was a staggered release like this though).

Fran - if you're still reading this topic - why not give the US a bonus CD with all the UK b-sides we can't buy anyway? please? =)

minnmess
minnmess Posted Thu 18 Sep, 2008 4:33 PM Quote
bigideas wrote:
oh, man, i've been trying to find the US release date, but on Nov 4th - election day?

very strange.

everyone wanting to buy it import - you may do some fact checking first, because a lot of times when the US date is later than a UK one it means the US edition gets bonus tracks.

i know one of Clinic's albums came out maybe 6 months later and it had a bonus track.

even Travis' The Man Who had bonus tracks for the US release (i have no idea if it was a staggered release like this though).

Fran - if you're still reading this topic - why not give the US a bonus CD with all the UK b-sides we can't buy anyway? please? =)

I forgot that was election day. Okay, so for the Americans out there...if Obama is elected you can have 2 reasons to celebrate, and if McCain is elected you can cry yourself to sleep whilst listening to the new Travis album!

mili
mili Posted Wed 24 Sep, 2008 9:17 AM Quote
Just found this

http://www.levykauppax.fi/artist/travis/ode_to_j_smith/

Stating the release date as 1.10. and giving a strange tracklisting (Song to Self being the last song). this is the first mention I've seen of the new material anywhere in Finland

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Fri 26 Sep, 2008 7:31 PM Quote
Just got this email from Amazon:

Hello from Amazon.com.

We're writing about the order you placed on September 13 2008 18:31 PDT (Order# 105-0553119-7005806). Unfortunately, the release date for the item(s) listed below has changed, and we need to provide you with a new delivery estimate based on the new release date:

Travis (Performer) "Ode to J. Smith [Import]" [Audio CD]
Estimated arrival date: 10/10/2008

We apologize for the inconvenience caused by this delay.

This makes me hopeful that I'm still going to get it sooner than November without having to order it from the UK.

OHMEATPIES
OHMEATPIES Posted Fri 26 Sep, 2008 9:32 PM Quote
Is Canada included in USA/South America date?

Kimmy256
Kimmy256 Posted Sat 27 Sep, 2008 3:35 PM Quote
yay!! south east asia on the 29th XD
perfect!

lindsey22295
lindsey22295 Posted Sat 27 Sep, 2008 10:03 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
[
I forgot that was election day. Okay, so for the Americans out there...if Obama is elected you can have 2 reasons to celebrate, and if McCain is elected you can cry yourself to sleep whilst listening to the new Travis album!

Haha. That is exactly what I was plaining on doing, which is why I'm going to stick it out until Nov 4th! :D

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Sat 27 Sep, 2008 10:09 PM Quote
lindsey22295 wrote:
minnmess wrote:
[

Haha. That is exactly what I was plaining on doing, which is why I'm going to stick it out until Nov 4th! :D

Eaa! So Kayte and I are not alone haha. Join us in our "pizza after-party" on nov 4th, Lindsey :oP

Pages Previous 1...2 3 4 5 [6] 7 Next All Times BST Current Time 9:12 AM