Travis

Ode To J. Smith Samples
milos
milos Posted Sat 13 Sep, 2008 1:12 AM Quote
http://www.7digital.com/artists/travis/ode-to-j-smith/

What surprised me most is different version of Song To Self! The one that was played on the radio is obviously single version or something like that, because it doesn't have the part of the song that you can hear in the sample. I can't wait to finally hear full songs! They all sound great!

Re: Ode To J. Smith Samples
Mikko85
Mikko85 Posted Sat 13 Sep, 2008 1:57 AM Quote
I am so angry with myself for listening to that. The samples are easily long enough to get a feel of every song. I really wish I hadn't done it.

Actually sod it no I don't! I'm giggling like a kid. That was awesome, I'm speechless. Song to Self sounds different all round! Holy ****ing hell. This is THE best Travis single since Turn. Nothing will convince me otherwise. It's a monster. I've got so used to hearing the old version - good quality version too - in the car, walking the dog, every day pretty much - that suddenly hearing it there sounding like it's had a few more layers of string/guitars/whatever and a whole new section is like birthday, Christmas and the day Man United go bust all rolled into one. Brilliant.

The rest sounds ace. Actually a lot less rocky and 'weird' that I expected having read the reviews. Singalongs are out? Are they heck. It sounds a lot deeper and more interesting - less routine - than TBWNN, and there's a lot more potential here than 12 Memories.

Well done guys is all I can say. Holy crap.

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Sat 13 Sep, 2008 2:22 AM Quote
Another reason I'm delighted to be in New York. If I was at home I'd be on the computer and wouldn't have been able to resist. Haha.

So, Song To Self sounds different. Do you mean a particular section? Like the one we've heard possibly a single edit or does it actually sound different? How about the others? J Smith? Get Up? Something Anything?

:)

So excited for this album!!!!!

jesusaremus
jesusaremus Posted Sat 13 Sep, 2008 2:26 AM Quote
damn! i will be pacient for this time, but that link has own life!!!! it's talking! XD but i will be strong...i have too, but just until the whole album gets leaked, by the reason i say on the other thread.

P.s. maybe i'll give it a little listen to song to self...but maybe haha.
by the way, i was thinking, maybe this version of get up, could begin like the live versions, what do you think?

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Sat 13 Sep, 2008 2:36 AM Quote
Good point. Hope so. That bit of Get Up was my favourite bit. I'm sooooooo excited. Can't wait to hear the album now. :)

jesusaremus
jesusaremus Posted Sat 13 Sep, 2008 2:39 AM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
Good point. Hope so. That bit of Get Up was my favourite bit. I'm sooooooo excited. Can't wait to hear the album now. :)

yeap! me too, i'm really impacient by now! a few days, i dreamt that i was hearing it, but Chinese Blues was awful hahaha. I'm sure it won't be :-)
And that part of Get Up it's amazing, i liked it so much too, i was dissapointed that in the studio version it was not there. Let's hope they put it on the album, or at least as an interlud, or something.

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Sat 13 Sep, 2008 2:40 AM Quote
Ohhh! Song To Self sounds different?? I'm intrigued!!
Well, I'll wait until 4th nov to find out :oP (DAMN!!!)

jesusaremus
jesusaremus Posted Sat 13 Sep, 2008 2:42 AM Quote
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window wrote:

hahaha i insist, 4th November, it's not very close, not even for an impacient person, like me XD. in Japan will be released on 24th september

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Sat 13 Sep, 2008 2:44 AM Quote
jesusaremus wrote:
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window wrote:

hahaha i insist, 4th November, it's not very close, not even for an impacient person, like me XD. in Japan will be released on 24th september

Shhh! Don't tell me that! :oP

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Sat 13 Sep, 2008 2:48 AM Quote
Does Franny start rapping half way through or something?! ;)

Edit!: On a serious note: does it sound more like the live version? Which I think is a bit louder and umphier.

jesusaremus
jesusaremus Posted Sat 13 Sep, 2008 2:51 AM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:

english problem...i didn't understand XD. What did you mean?

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Sat 13 Sep, 2008 2:52 AM Quote
jesusaremus wrote:
BenFilbert wrote:

english problem...i didn't understand XD. What did you mean?

Rapping like 50 Cent or Eminem. ;)

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Sat 13 Sep, 2008 2:54 AM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:

God, I hope he doesn't!! xD

Jesús, lo que dijo Ben fue medio en chiste. Preguntó si "Fran empieza a rapear en medio de la canción (Song To Self) o algo por el estilo", jajaja.

jesusaremus
jesusaremus Posted Sat 13 Sep, 2008 2:56 AM Quote
oh hahaha, yes, indeed! O.o, in song to self, you have a combination of Rap, Hip Hop, and Reggeaton O.o

Nikki
Nikki Posted Sat 13 Sep, 2008 5:51 AM Quote
To click or not to click.... :/ Ahhhhhh! This is killing me! Now that I know I might have to wait until Nov. 4 it's so tempting!!!! (Unless I can buy the album online before then). Whaaa! :'(

Pages [1] 2 3 Next All Times BST Current Time 3:39 AM