Travis

Are you gonna...? (POLL)
jesusaremus
jesusaremus Posted Thu 11 Sep, 2008 4:02 AM Quote
hear the album when it get leaked?, or you gonna wait to the release date?

I don't know what to do, and i mean, here on the board even if we so it, we all gonna buy the album, but i don't know if temptation will lead me to the leaked album, but in other hand, i want to go to the store (and that if it's going to be release internationally on the same date, i hope so)and see the eye of J Smith watching me, and then, feel that great feeling of desesperation to hear something you expected for so long.
So, don't know, what are you gonna do?

Re: Are you gonna...? (POLL)
ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Thu 11 Sep, 2008 4:06 AM Quote
No. I never listen to leaks. I can wait. I'd feel bad if I did.

I've heard J. Smith and Something Anything. That's it. One was from that Morning Becomes Eclectic thing and the other was from the music video for Something Anything. I listen to a whole bunch of music and their plenty of other records I can occupy myself without trying to find leaks.

jesusaremus
jesusaremus Posted Thu 11 Sep, 2008 4:09 AM Quote
ElspethOllie wrote:
No. I never listen to leaks. I can wait. I'd feel bad if I did.

hahaha, you're strong.
I know that i can easily fall to temptation XD. Even i dreamt about it today. In the dream i found the leak album, and then, i couldn't resist, and downloaded, then i started to hear "Chinese Blues" but in my dream, was an awful song hahaha

Nikki
Nikki Posted Thu 11 Sep, 2008 4:34 AM Quote
I'm gonna wait. I've heard:

J. Smith
Get Up
Song to Self
Something Anything
and a video of a good live version of Long Way Down

I don't want to hear anything else until the album comes out.

Eledh
Eledh Posted Thu 11 Sep, 2008 4:43 AM Quote
Well... I've been to all the five gigs in february... So I think there's nothing new for me but the b-sides on the singles, but album versions are always different from live versions... And I think I'll wait until the album comes out...
It will be at least one week. I can resist one week. And I'll listen to the album, all the song together, one after the other, with the booklet in my hands, reading the lyrics.
:P

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Thu 11 Sep, 2008 5:48 AM Quote
Nikki wrote:
I'm gonna wait. I've heard:

J. Smith
Get Up
Song to Self
Something Anything
and a video of a good live version of Long Way Down

I don't want to hear anything else until the album comes out.

Likewise, except I haven't heard Long Way Down.
Even though I don't know when I'll be able to hold the album in my hands, I'll wait :o)

martina
martina Posted Thu 11 Sep, 2008 8:39 AM Quote
I'll wait... I heard a couple of leaked albums in the past (including TBWNN) and that spoiled it all :( plus it's not such a long wait after all...

akanksha
akanksha Posted Thu 11 Sep, 2008 9:17 AM Quote
Most likely not. I've heard J Smith, Get Up, Something Anything, Sarah and Song to Self, and I'd just like to treat them as appetizers for the main course. I'm just going to wait for the rest when they come out :D

Typing to Reach You
Typing to Reach You Posted Thu 11 Sep, 2008 10:45 AM Quote
I'll be waiting till it comes out. I'm quite excited for the album, but not so hugely excited that I'll be jumping on the leak as soon as it (or if it) reveals itself. It's probably because I've got mixed expectations - I really love J Smith and Get Up, whereas Something Anything and Song To Self, just on a few listens, I'm not as passionate about.

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Thu 11 Sep, 2008 11:14 AM Quote
Luke, you got those song pairings the wrong way round! Haha. No, I do love J Smith. Actually, I don't think we've heard the best songs except, well I think, Song To Self. And actually I think Get Up is one of the poorest. Obviously, people think differently but of the 6 I think could be future Travis classics, only Song To Self has been heard.

I won't be downloading. I'm waiting until the day of release. :)

Safe Side
Safe Side Posted Thu 11 Sep, 2008 11:43 AM Quote
Ill download it when it leaks, i cant wait.....but i look for christmass presents b4 christmass morning. thats just the way i am

daytimeoyster
daytimeoyster Posted Thu 11 Sep, 2008 12:12 PM Quote
Safe Side wrote:
Ill download it when it leaks, i cant wait.....but i look for christmass presents b4 christmass morning. thats just the way i am

same here
but i will try my very best to wait

Ursina
Ursina Posted Thu 11 Sep, 2008 12:20 PM Quote
I can wait.... I've heard Song to Self a few times on the radio and of course I've got J. Smith as the download and heard Something Anything but I'm not going out of the way to find more tracks. If I hear them by chance fine..... mind there have been times,especially with TIB when I would burst with excitement as I got emails with leaked songs. :)

Mikko85
Mikko85 Posted Thu 11 Sep, 2008 2:02 PM Quote
I better admit I probably will download the leak, too.

Ideally I'd like not to, but it doesn't feel the same as it did say waiting for TIB anyway, I'm looking forward to it but not absolutely counting down the hours and seconds this time. If I see a leak, I'll download it and give it a listen. Doesn't change things, I'll still head down HMV on the release date for both single & album, it would be disgraceful to download it for free then not buy it too. I've got a 'proper' version of every Travis album and most singles, so look forward to adding to the collection.

But....I'm just impatient. If it's there, and I know that I can have it after a couple of minutes downloading, it'd be too tempting not to.

mayfly
mayfly Posted Thu 11 Sep, 2008 4:10 PM Quote
jesusaremus wrote:
hear the album when it get leaked?, or you gonna wait to the release date?

Of course, I will. I've got zero patient. Haha~

Pages [1] 2 Next All Times BST Current Time 2:00 PM