Edel Posted Sat 09 Jun, 2007 11:56 PM Quote
The Automatic opening for Fratellis
Bloc Party opening for Interpol
Art Brut before Oasis

Im sure theres more but theyre the ones that spring to mind

Re: Crap Gigs
champagnesupernova
champagnesupernova Posted Sun 10 Jun, 2007 12:55 AM Quote
Placebo, 2006 (Rock'n Coke Fest- Istanbul)

It was the most soulless gig I've ever seen.

And Violent Femmes the year before were not that good. Well I am sure supporting Black Eyed Peas and playing to a teenager crowd ruined their mode highly. Anyway, I still enjoyed the show however they disappointed me a little.

Trixi
Trixi Posted Sun 10 Jun, 2007 9:05 AM Quote
Oasis, summer 2002.
Probably 90 % of the crowd was totally pissed already before Oasis entered the stage. This one big bloke next to me slammed his elbow into my side wich caused me a partially fractured rib (I seriously though this is my end for a few seconds I couln't breath) and eventually when I abscond to the back to escape the pushy, drunk crowd my jacket fell on the ground and had been thrown onto the stage before I could pick it up...grrrr
No more Oasis live, thank you!

Sanne (nl)
Sanne (nl) Posted Sun 10 Jun, 2007 9:11 AM Quote
Walter Trout and band, i allmost fell over from boredom.

DavesUrMan
DavesUrMan Posted Sun 10 Jun, 2007 10:56 AM Quote
paul_c wrote:
DavesUrMan wrote:
TRavis, Liquid Rooms, Edinburgh, April 2007

He's talking shite. Ignore him. I was there and it was a pretty good gig!

I'm sorry you disagree with me, but aren't you the one who's been pointing out to me that one person can't comment on another person's experience...?
I was there too, and certanily amn't the only one there that wasn't impressed.

paul_c
paul_c Posted Sun 10 Jun, 2007 12:39 PM Quote
DavesUrMan wrote:
paul_c wrote:
DavesUrMan wrote:

I'm sorry you disagree with me, but aren't you the one who's been pointing out to me that one person can't comment on another person's experience...?
I was there too, and certanily amn't the only one there that wasn't impressed.

Aye, but at least i did it in the right place ;)

Beatle Babe
Beatle Babe Posted Sun 10 Jun, 2007 7:34 PM Quote
Katherine wrote:
Lemon Grinner wrote:
Razorshite always give me pains. But the WORST band I seen was The Crimea, I think they supported Travis on a tour. Was bloody awful. Babyshambles I seen, they were shite. And Caravan.

Holy CRAP! The Crimea are my only "Crap Gig" as well! Only they were on tour with Ash, and I saw them with Eliza. So she may agree with me on this.

I'm pretty sure i was there as well!

Beatle Babe
Beatle Babe Posted Sun 10 Jun, 2007 7:39 PM Quote
paul_c wrote:
DavesUrMan wrote:

Last time I checked, people were allowed to have an opinion... I was at the Liquid Rooms gig and it really wasn't anywhere near as good as when I saw them in Liverpool - it took ages to be let inside then the show took about a year and a half to actually start and not all of us were front row center. I was back and to the side and the sound was off, people were pushy and I had beer thrown on me. All i'm saying is that he should be able to say what he likes - even if it doesn't agree with you.

PictureInWhite
PictureInWhite Posted Sun 10 Jun, 2007 7:54 PM Quote
The Killers, Davenport, Iowa May 9, 2005 Terribly disappointing...

Kings of Leon, Chicago, May 10th & 12th, 2005, opening for U2....holy jaysus, they murdered my eardrums...

eliza
eliza Posted Sun 10 Jun, 2007 7:58 PM Quote
The Killers... somewhere in Atlanta in 2005.

Lemon Grinner
Lemon Grinner Posted Sun 10 Jun, 2007 8:39 PM Quote
Katherine wrote:
Lemon Grinner wrote:
Razorshite always give me pains. But the WORST band I seen was The Crimea, I think they supported Travis on a tour. Was bloody awful. Babyshambles I seen, they were shite. And Caravan.

Holy CRAP! The Crimea are my only "Crap Gig" as well! Only they were on tour with Ash, and I saw them with Eliza. So she may agree with me on this.

You're my new best friend hahaha

brazilian girl
brazilian girl Posted Sun 10 Jun, 2007 8:55 PM Quote
Yeah Yeah Yeahs @ Tim Festival 2006.

a 40-minute concert, with no content, except from Karen O's screams. she was there for few songs and it was really bored. i think the funniest thing was when she put the whole microphone on her mouth and started to scream without any reason.

knl
knl Posted Sun 10 Jun, 2007 11:29 PM Quote
Davie_G wrote:
I've seen Coldplay twice. That about sums it up!

The Killers were slightly rubbish as well.

I saw the Killers a month ago and despite all the bad things I had heard leading up to the show, they put on a swell crowd pleasing performance.

The most disappointing gig I've been to was the Scissor Sisters. It was at the Kool Haus in Toronto and the bass level was headache-inducing.

DavesUrMan
DavesUrMan Posted Mon 11 Jun, 2007 12:58 PM Quote
Beatle Babe wrote:
paul_c wrote:
DavesUrMan wrote:

Last time I checked, people were allowed to have an opinion... I was at the Liquid Rooms gig and it really wasn't anywhere near as good as when I saw them in Liverpool - it took ages to be let inside then the show took about a year and a half to actually start and not all of us were front row center. I was back and to the side and the sound was off, people were pushy and I had beer thrown on me. All i'm saying is that he should be able to say what he likes - even if it doesn't agree with you.

Yeah great how only one person's opinion counts...

Hanne
Hanne Posted Mon 11 Jun, 2007 2:08 PM Quote
- Marilyn Manson at the Roskilde Festival '99. I was not impressed. I was only at that stage cos the Manics had just played, and about 25 Manson clones arrived. Needless to say, we didn't stay.

- Starspangles or whatever they were called. They supported Idlewild at the Corn Exchange in Edinburgh at the end of 2002. It was shite, to be honest.

Pages Previous 1 2 [3] 4 Next All Times BST Current Time 5:43 PM