Travis

My Travis discography project complete - again!
Rallyfoeraren
Rallyfoeraren Posted Fri 05 Sep, 2008 12:01 PM Quote
For the last time, hopefully, I'm gonna make another desperate try to bring myself into the spotlight. Looking out the window, summer is now seemingly over, and it's time to release the revised edition of my discography project. I'm afraid it's going to be a great disappointment for those of you who eagerly waited for this one, because more or less nothing has been changed. So there's no real need for you all to download and read it again, though you are of course free to do so.

The only changes that I have made are:

Changing the highest chart position of Flowers in the Window from 38 to 18. (I think this was changed after maybe 20 of you had downloaded it, so most of you already have the right figure.)

Twist and Shout was made famous by The Beatles in 1963, and not, as previously, in 1962. (Thanks to my friend the Beatles freak for this.)

Selfish Jean was one of the last songs written for The Boy with No Name, as the master proofreader Fran himself pointed out.

Apart from that, nothing really. I eliminated one sentence, added a few quotation marks, but I haven't forced myself to properly read it through yet, so any possible spelling mistakes will still be included.

I also have to thank you all for all your positive comment and feedback. I didn't seriously think that anyone would bother to read it, but I was happily mistaken. (However, when I first started off, about a year ago, my main intention was to make myself known among Travis fans, and I kind of made it, so I am quite happy for that.)

If you have any more comments, please keep sending them in, and I might make further changes. Though, unless they are of major importance, I will probably not announce them here. I also want to encourage you to (if you should want to) upload or link to my work on appropriate pages. There's no copyright or anything (I hope, maybe someone will sue me for quoting interviews or song lyrics, but that is a later matter.)

Personally, I'm now about to leave Sweden and take the train to Berlin, and just see how long I can survive. Not, I should point out, to become a full-time Fran-stalker, but just to practice my German and absorb a bit of another culture. (I also hope it might give me a chance to finally get to see Travis live.)

Anyway, this post became a bit longer than it was intended to be, but I think I got all the necessities said. Again thanks for your support, and hopefully I'll see some of you some day, who knows?

Re: My Travis discography project complete - again!
sebnemy
sebnemy Posted Fri 05 Sep, 2008 1:25 PM Quote
Rallyfoeraren wrote:

Personally, I'm now about to leave Sweden and take the train to Berlin, and just see how long I can survive. Not, I should point out, to become a full-time Fran-stalker, but just to practice my German and absorb a bit of another culture. (I also hope it might give me a chance to finally get to see Travis live.)

lol Ok, we will take your word on not becoming a "full-time Fran-stalker";) Part-time Fran-stalking might be as bad though:) Good luck in Berlin. It sounds like a great city. Enjoy!

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Sat 06 Sep, 2008 6:33 AM Quote
I'm going to download it now. Your work and dedication are remarkable, thank you :o)

Rallyfoeraren
Rallyfoeraren Posted Sat 06 Sep, 2008 11:37 AM Quote
sebnemy wrote:
Rallyfoeraren wrote:

lol Ok, we will take your word on not becoming a "full-time Fran-stalker";) Part-time Fran-stalking might be as bad though:) Good luck in Berlin. It sounds like a great city. Enjoy!

I guess he'll be away touring quite often, so there'll be plenty of time for other (more/less interesting?) things to do.

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 9:03 AM