Travis

I just met Ryan Adams!
minnmess
minnmess Posted Thu 04 Sep, 2008 9:08 PM Quote
Whhe! So im in Ottawa for the Ryan Adams/Oasis show tonight and to visit friends (i went to uni here) and i was walking from the mall to my friends place where i am staying to get ready for the show and i saw who i thought was him. I didnt know whether to approach him bc i wasnt 100% sure adn bc ive heard mixed reviews of his friendlyiness. But i did!
I asked if it was him and he said "yes ma'am" hehe
He was on his way into a music store to buy supplies for the show so he said to give him a minute. I questioned whether to wait, but did and he signed it with a happy face, "Hi" and simple "Ryan"
wheee!
show in 3 hours!!!

Re: I just met Ryan Adams!
Meridith
Meridith Posted Thu 04 Sep, 2008 9:17 PM Quote
That's awesome Kristy! Have a great time at the show tonight!!!

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Thu 04 Sep, 2008 9:22 PM Quote
Ma'am. Hee hee.

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Thu 04 Sep, 2008 9:48 PM Quote
Hahahaha. Yeah, I've heard mixed things about his character. But I've heard he's been back on track ever since he kicked his drug habit. He seems sweet. That's nice.

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Thu 04 Sep, 2008 9:53 PM Quote
i saw him outside a Wilco show , he was wasted . But coolio about your meeting .

SAM(LOS ANGELES)
SAM(LOS ANGELES) Posted Thu 04 Sep, 2008 11:41 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
Whhe! So im in Ottawa for the Ryan Adams/Oasis show tonight and to visit friends (i went to uni here) and i was walking from the mall to my friends place where i am staying to get ready for the show and i saw who i thought was him. I didnt know whether to approach him bc i wasnt 100% sure adn bc ive heard mixed reviews of his friendlyiness. But i did!
I asked if it was him and he said "yes ma'am" hehe
He was on his way into a music store to buy supplies for the show so he said to give him a minute. I questioned whether to wait, but did and he signed it with a happy face, "Hi" and simple "Ryan"
wheee!
show in 3 hours!!!

What did he sign??? I read a story like this once and in that case the rock star guy signed the girl's boob,...just saying

Tonie
Tonie Posted Thu 04 Sep, 2008 11:49 PM Quote
SAM(LOS ANGELES) wrote:

What did he sign??? I read a story like this once and in that case the rock star guy signed the girl's boob,...just saying

Oh, that's almost my memory....

I was holding a newly bought Athlete t-shirt after an Athlete gig. I asked Joel to sign the front, and offered to wear it for him while he signed it....He quickly (like with lightening reaction) grabbed the t. and signed it before I had the chance to execute my bit of the request. I might have had a wee bit to drink that night, it's quite out of character for me.

Sod it, that one was stored in the memory vault. Now I'm blushing :) Happy naive days those were.....

minnmess
minnmess Posted Fri 05 Sep, 2008 5:49 AM Quote
just got back from the show and it was great!
Matt Costa opened who is really good. And ryan played drums for him. then my new bff Ryan. Super good. He only played about 4 songs i knew...not a lot of singles, but everything was great. Im pretty sure at one point the guitar player was giving him the 2 fingers to the eyes thing (you know, the stay with me thing...we see eye to eye) and coaching him through it. Ive heard he gets uber stressed. Line of the night: "you know that lady..Fergie. She's Fergalicious. Well Oasis are like that. they've got humps." And then Oasis was freakin amazing! great show!
In the encore Liam said "this is from our new album, just so your know what im going to play" and then...he lied and it was Don't Look Back in Anger, which i LOVE! I sang my little heart out. and the last song..I AM THE WALRUS! Maybe this is common, i dont know, it was my first Oasis show, but it was awesome
So other than the losers behind me who kept mocking Ryan Adams and calling him Harry Potter, it was great!
And he signed a notebook that i had on me (i had my ticket with me but i didnt want to risk that) and not my boob. That would go over well in the streets of downtown Ottawa.
And i heard the same thing about him being better since he stopped doing drugs, but you never know. He is still quirky crazy. And dated mandy moore, lol
so conclusion..AMAZING!

and yes, ma'am, hehehe. Only strange quirky Southern indie rock boys can call me ma'am.

sebnemy
sebnemy Posted Fri 05 Sep, 2008 8:14 AM Quote
Hey, I am so happy for you. I thought you were getting tired in other threads correcting "it is Ryan not Bryan!"

Chiito-chan
Chiito-chan Posted Fri 05 Sep, 2008 10:03 AM Quote
minnmess wrote:
Matt Costa opened who is really good. And ryan played drums for him. then my new bff Ryan. Super good. He only played about 4 songs i knew...not a lot of singles, but everything was great. Im pretty sure at one point the guitar player was giving him the 2 fingers to the eyes thing (you know, the stay with me thing...we see eye to eye) and coaching him through it. Ive heard he gets uber stressed. Line of the night: "you know that lady..Fergie. She's Fergalicious. Well Oasis are like that. they've got humps." And then Oasis was freakin amazing! great show!
In the encore Liam said "this is from our new album, just so your know what im going to play" and then...he lied and it was Don't Look Back in Anger, which i LOVE! I sang my little heart out. and the last song..I AM THE WALRUS! Maybe this is common, i dont know, it was my first Oasis show, but it was awesome
So other than the losers behind me who kept mocking Ryan Adams and calling him Harry Potter, it was great!
And he signed a notebook that i had on me (i had my ticket with me but i didnt want to risk that) and not my boob. That would go over well in the streets of downtown Ottawa.
And i heard the same thing about him being better since he stopped doing drugs, but you never know. He is still quirky crazy. And dated mandy moore, lol
so conclusion..AMAZING!

and yes, ma'am, hehehe. Only strange quirky Southern indie rock boys can call me ma'am.

Lucky girl. I'm very glad for you.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Fri 05 Sep, 2008 4:06 PM Quote
sebnemy wrote:
Hey, I am so happy for you. I thought you were getting tired in other threads correcting "it is Ryan not Bryan!"

not that there is anything wrong with BRYAN i just would rather not have people think i am a fan of cheesy rock ballad man, lol

thanks everyone. i think my ex-roomie who i am staying with is tired of hearing me giggle so the board gives me a chance to talk about it, lol. i'll post pics when i get home on sunday

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Fri 05 Sep, 2008 4:15 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:

What do they say in Canada ?

Monica
Monica Posted Fri 05 Sep, 2008 4:58 PM Quote
Lucky you! He's a great singer.

Steph_canuck
Steph_canuck Posted Fri 05 Sep, 2008 5:25 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:

Okay, now Im REALLY excited for Vfest on Sunday!!!...even if it is supposed to rain...

SAM(LOS ANGELES)
SAM(LOS ANGELES) Posted Fri 05 Sep, 2008 6:54 PM Quote
so was it your boob that he signed or what?

Pages [1] 2 Next All Times BST Current Time 4:52 AM