Travis

Animal Cops
ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Thu 21 Aug, 2008 6:29 PM Quote
I know there are some Animal Cops (Houston, Detroit, Miami... whatever) watchers on the board. I'm currently watching Detroit. So sad, a lot of dog fights. I'd say Detroit is the worse series, animal wise.

Re: Animal Cops
DAKOTA
DAKOTA Posted Thu 21 Aug, 2008 6:47 PM Quote
I concur! I think I like Detroit the least. :(

My favorite is Phoenix! When my TV was working, I would watch it every night. :D

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Thu 21 Aug, 2008 6:50 PM Quote
DAKOTA wrote:
I concur! I think I like Detroit the least. :(

Today wasn't too bad, they managed to save this 5 month old puppy that was put against a pitbull twice it's size. I was so happy that they could.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Thu 21 Aug, 2008 7:00 PM Quote
I occasionally have watched episodes but my animal loving heart can hardly bear it. I am so sad for those animals and then also want to cause lots of bodily injuries to the owners.

lindsey22295
lindsey22295 Posted Thu 21 Aug, 2008 7:26 PM Quote
Yeah I can't watch those shows either. I saw a sick squirrel today and that was sad.

carlottarocks
carlottarocks Posted Thu 21 Aug, 2008 8:09 PM Quote
I have been in a couple of episodes of Animal Cops Houston since I worked at the SPCA for a while. Animal Planet began filming the last 6 months I was working there so the only times I've been on are in the early episodes and they are "ya blink and ya miss me" bits. Seeing the things that I saw and the amount of euthanizing that was going on is why I quit.

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Wed 27 Aug, 2008 3:55 AM Quote
Okay, I thought Detroit was bad... Houston takes the cake for WORSE CITY EVER... in terms of pet owners.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Wed 27 Aug, 2008 2:59 PM Quote
ElspethOllie wrote:
Okay, I thought Detroit was bad... Houston takes the cake for WORSE CITY EVER... in terms of pet owners.

Also in terms of being a massively huge yet somehow boring and void of personality.

And let's not even talk about the humidity.

carlottarocks
carlottarocks Posted Wed 27 Aug, 2008 6:36 PM Quote
ElspethOllie wrote:

And that is one reason why I quit that job.

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Wed 27 Aug, 2008 6:39 PM Quote
Ah! Why do I do this to myself, I'm watching it again! Well, there's nothing else on so...

carlottarocks
carlottarocks Posted Wed 27 Aug, 2008 6:50 PM Quote
ElspethOllie wrote:
Ah! Why do I do this to myself, I'm watching it again! Well, there's nothing else on so...

Maybe you should become a cruelty investigator ;)

th74
th74 Posted Wed 27 Aug, 2008 10:37 PM Quote
It's hard for me to watch because it's so sad. I think the last time I watched they were talking about how in Detroit they euthanize all pit bulls they rescue because of the rampant dog fighting. Sad.

carlottarocks
carlottarocks Posted Thu 28 Aug, 2008 1:04 AM Quote
th74 wrote:
in Detroit they euthanize all pit bulls they rescue because of the rampant dog fighting. Sad.

They euthanize pit bulls in Houston too. No matter what you've heard, there's no such thing as a "no kill" shelter.

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Thu 28 Aug, 2008 1:14 AM Quote
I think I saw the most heinous house the other day. This guy was a animal herder. Particularly birds. And the birds were fine and dandy, but since he kept the (many) bags of feed on the ground he a major mice problem. It was disgusting. They weren't huge rats or anything but they were tiny field mice. Hundreds of them running everywhere. And the house was hella jank too. Covered in mouse feces and just... ugh.

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 8:05 PM