Travis

Re: 'Ode' - Vinyl or CD??
MoreThanMe
MoreThanMe Posted Tue 19 Aug, 2008 3:12 PM Quote
Well, maybe the only thing i would say is when you go into the afformentioned places such as an art gallery, you are asked to pay a donation most times, apart from exclusive exhibitions. So, in that sense, they dont expect payment.

The reason being is that it is art. Artists CHOOSE to exhibit thier creative talents. To ask people to pay for this right to share in the thing THEY are broadcasting or exhibiting is then that persons choice.

the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Tue 19 Aug, 2008 4:32 PM Quote
MoreThanMe wrote:

The reason being is that it is art. Artists CHOOSE to exhibit thier creative talents. To ask people to pay for this right to share in the thing THEY are broadcasting or exhibiting is then that persons choice.

Only in the same way that taxi drivers choose to demonstrate that they can take you from one place to another, if you actually want to experience it you need to pay! :)

MoreThanMe
MoreThanMe Posted Tue 19 Aug, 2008 4:41 PM Quote
Id say its more a service than an experience.

Suppose it depends how exciting your taxi journeys are.

Somewhere Else
Somewhere Else Posted Tue 19 Aug, 2008 8:54 PM Quote
Definately VINYL: after the great recording technique they used and CD for the car.

But .. my order wont process so I'm waiting for a reply from Customer Services....*taps fingers*

I always buy .Fran told us recently in an interview with someone how the money gets dispersed from CD's and its quite shocking.....

mili
mili Posted Tue 19 Aug, 2008 8:55 PM Quote
MoreThanMe wrote:
Well, maybe the only thing i would say is when you go into the afformentioned places such as an art gallery, you are asked to pay a donation most times, apart from exclusive exhibitions. So, in that sense, they dont expect payment.

Well, the art in the art museums was (usually) originally bought from the artist, and the idea of the commercial art galleries is to sell the works. So viewing art in a gallery is a bit like going to a record store to listen to the cd before deciding to buy or not.
The artists need food, shelter and materials to produce their art, and they're not free.

mili
mili Posted Tue 19 Aug, 2008 8:56 PM Quote
MoreThanMe wrote:

Well, the art in the art museums was (usually) originally bought from the artist, and the idea of the commercial art galleries is to sell the works. So viewing art in a gallery is a bit like going to a record store to listen to the cd before deciding to buy or not.
The artists need food, shelter and materials to produce their art, and they're not free.

RaZzZ
RaZzZ Posted Wed 20 Aug, 2008 2:21 AM Quote
Both. I am a Vinyl fan (best sound)

yonan
yonan Posted Wed 20 Aug, 2008 3:14 AM Quote
i'm probably getting the vinyl

..BUT..

i will still need a digital copy to play on my iPod/computer/whatever. if the vinyl doesnt come with one, then sadly i'm going to have to "find a digital copy on the internet".

honestly i dont have that much money to buy both formats, and my stance is that once you've paid for a copy then you're entitled to play it any way you want.

RaZzZ
RaZzZ Posted Wed 20 Aug, 2008 4:15 AM Quote
yonan wrote:
i'm probably getting the vinyl

..BUT..

i will still need a digital copy to play on my iPod/computer/whatever. if the vinyl doesnt come with one, then sadly i'm going to have to "find a digital copy on the internet".

honestly i dont have that much money to buy both formats, and my stance is that once you've paid for a copy then you're entitled to play it any way you want.

We need that

Pages Previous 1 [2] All Times BST Current Time 12:41 PM