Calgary
Calgary Posted Tue 19 Aug, 2008 8:36 AM Quote
the nme annoy me a lot

Re: How NME can be annoying sometimes..
travisturkey
travisturkey Posted Tue 19 Aug, 2008 8:39 AM Quote
Calgary wrote:
the nme annoy me a lot

I mean,they don't even put a tiny effort when it comes to Travis.While the single is now available to preorder and channels began broadcasting the video,it's unacceptable to call it "Untitled new song".

Hodgy
Hodgy Posted Tue 19 Aug, 2008 8:42 AM Quote
I noticed that as well - to be honest I was surprised they even bothered to report on the guys set. But yeah, it wouldn't have taken a scientist to suss out what the 2 tracks were.

thehitcher
thehitcher Posted Tue 19 Aug, 2008 11:45 AM Quote
NME don't even like Travis some of the reviews I've read about them in the NME have been absolutely disgusting and sometimes personal. I gave up with NME years ago. No doubt they'll slag the new album off because Travis don't wear tight jeans and all that b*****ks! Sorry rant over now haha

Hodgy
Hodgy Posted Tue 19 Aug, 2008 12:01 PM Quote
Unfortunately with NME its always been a case of perceived 'style' over substance. I remember I went through a phase of going out every Monday and buying their 'Single Of The Week', and as a result I got some truly awful records by lots of bands who looked like the Libertines.

It is a shame that they don't offer a balanced view of things - they give very little time to any band that is over the age of 30 in my opinion.(Except for the 'classic' acts like the Verve and Oasis who it is fashionable to praise)

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 7:09 AM