Travis

Weezer on tour (FAO Moz)
Nikki
Nikki Posted Thu 14 Aug, 2008 2:29 AM Quote
Hey Moz! I just got a Detroit Concert Update e-mail and Weezer is playing the Palace Sept. 29!! Tickets go on sale this Friday. I'm going to see if my brother and cousin want to go with me. Yay! Sept. 29 could be a huge day! Concert AND the release of Ode to J. Smith! :)

You and the wife gonna try to make it to this one?

Re: Weezer on tour (FAO Moz)
ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Thu 14 Aug, 2008 2:32 AM Quote
They're touring with Tokyo Police Club... Yessssss.

FACT: Weezer was my first concert. FACT: I saw Tokyo Police Club on April 27th of this year.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Thu 14 Aug, 2008 2:33 AM Quote
they are in Toronto Sept 20th and i really want to go but i am going to 3 shows in Sept and Oct already...dont know if i can swing another one.

mozman68
mozman68 Posted Thu 14 Aug, 2008 4:17 AM Quote
pre-ordering my tickets tomorrow morning at 10 a.m.....I may take the whole family to this one...Angels & Airwaves opening as well!

minnmess
minnmess Posted Thu 14 Aug, 2008 5:03 AM Quote
ElspethOllie wrote:

FACT: Weezer was my first concert. FACT: I saw Tokyo Police Club on April 27th of this year.

Fact: tokyo police club are canadian.

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Thu 14 Aug, 2008 5:06 AM Quote
minnmess wrote:
ElspethOllie wrote:

Fact: tokyo police club are canadian.

I knew this. The are from Newmarket, Ontario... and they're really really cute.

http://photos-c.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v238/148/85/1195200629/n1195200629_30665426_3457.jpg

http://photos-f.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v238/148/85/1195200629/n1195200629_30665429_4405.jpg

Nikki
Nikki Posted Thu 14 Aug, 2008 7:00 PM Quote
mozman68 wrote:
pre-ordering my tickets tomorrow morning at 10 a.m.....I may take the whole family to this one...Angels & Airwaves opening as well!

Awesome! Maybe I will see you there! I'm still trying to talk my bro and cousin into going. I hate seeing big shows at the Palace though. I swore I'd never see another show there again, but I've wanted to see Weezer live for a really long time. Oh well, I'm sure it'll be rawkin'!

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Thu 14 Aug, 2008 7:57 PM Quote
Nikki wrote:
mozman68 wrote:

Awesome! Maybe I will see you there! I'm still trying to talk my bro and cousin into going. I hate seeing big shows at the Palace though. I swore I'd never see another show there again, but I've wanted to see Weezer live for a really long time. Oh well, I'm sure it'll be rawkin'!

I know what you mean about the Palace. Unfortunately I've seen most of the few concerts I've been to, there. I really, really wanted to see Simon and Garfunkel's reunion tour there, but I was close to my due date with Max and didn't want to fall to my death scaling the steep cliffs of the Palace to get to my seat. Good thing, because I went into labor the night they played!

mozman68
mozman68 Posted Thu 14 Aug, 2008 8:17 PM Quote
I got two general admission tickets this morning...so, just going to get there real early and work my way up front. Not sure if the wife will want to go or my oldest boy.

Could only get a max of 4 tickets, but they were $45 each!!!

Decided to just get two...I can always get more from Craigs List if I need them.

I can't imagine they will sell even half the tickets for the Palace...way too big....

Nikki
Nikki Posted Thu 14 Aug, 2008 8:40 PM Quote
mozman68 wrote:
I got two general admission tickets this morning...so, just going to get there real early and work my way up front. Not sure if the wife will want to go or my oldest boy.

Could only get a max of 4 tickets, but they were $45 each!!!

Decided to just get two...I can always get more from Craigs List if I need them.

I can't imagine they will sell even half the tickets for the Palace...way too big....

I was thinking the same thing. I know Weezer has a pretty loyal following, but the Palace?!? Really? I hope they have general admission tickets for $45 left when I go to order them online. I'd like to be on the floor as well. I hate sitting at a concert and watching it from a big TV screen. It's like...what's the point? Yay! I hope Rivers talks. lol. I hear he's really shy. Oh1 And I hope they play "Say It Ain't So"!!!

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 5:49 PM