Travis

Re: Ode to J Smith on Rockband or GH?
RaZzZ
RaZzZ Posted Wed 13 Aug, 2008 12:29 AM Quote
auronsquall wrote:
As a guitarist I hate guitar hero because I can't last more than 3 minutes on any song. I'll stick to my acoustic (and soon to be electric! =D)

Well mate, i think the same. I play acoustic and electric guitar, and sometimes i hate to play Guitar hero "guitars". With the pals, is so funny, but is very different to play a real guitar than that "plastic guitars".

Just Guitar Hero is for guys with frustration that can`t play a real guitar xD
P.S. No, i am joking.

Is nice to can play Guitar Hero, Rock Band or Rock Revolution, but that is to some "light years" from to play a real guitar feeling.

Monica
Monica Posted Wed 13 Aug, 2008 7:22 PM Quote
heich wrote:
you are always complaining and questioning everybodys comments and thoughts, you should start considering that not everyone thinks as you do

Ben is not complaining. He gives his opinion. And that's it, right?

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Wed 13 Aug, 2008 7:29 PM Quote
Thank you Monica. You didn't need to do that, but thank you. :)

Monica
Monica Posted Wed 13 Aug, 2008 7:36 PM Quote
You're welcome, Ben :)

RaZzZ
RaZzZ Posted Wed 13 Aug, 2008 10:21 PM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
Thank you Monica. You didn't need to do that, but thank you. :)

Also, I suport you friend =)

disenFRANchised FM
disenFRANchised FM Posted Sun 14 Mar, 2010 9:59 PM Quote
jesusaremus wrote:
I was wondering, if we will finally see (play/sing XD) the new material, and for the first time, Travis on a Rockband or Guitar Hero. I mean i think Ode to J Smith is perfect!, and is a great way of promote music, i think.

Now that Rock Band Network is up and running, seems to me like all the hurdles have been cleared. Would be a big miss, IMO, to not release at least the Singles album.

Nell
Nell Posted Mon 15 Mar, 2010 4:18 PM Quote
disenFRANchised FM wrote:
jesusaremus wrote:
I was wondering, if we will finally see (play/sing XD) the new material, and for the first time, Travis on a Rockband or Guitar Hero. I mean i think Ode to J Smith is perfect!, and is a great way of promote music, i think.

Now that Rock Band Network is up and running, seems to me like all the hurdles have been cleared. Would be a big miss, IMO, to not release at least the Singles album.

Totally agree with you.

And about the other conversation: I, as a guitarist, totally love that game. It's supposed to be fun and nothing else. No one expect you to be able to know anything about music after playing that game. And it's pretty obvious that you're not really "playing".
But that's point of the game. Actually of ALL games :)

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Mon 15 Mar, 2010 4:32 PM Quote
Actually there are some games that you can learn stuff from as well ;)

neverAcquiesce
neverAcquiesce Posted Mon 15 Mar, 2010 9:08 PM Quote
Nell wrote:
disenFRANchised FM wrote:
jesusaremus wrote:

Totally agree with you.

And about the other conversation: I, as a guitarist, totally love that game. It's supposed to be fun and nothing else. No one expect you to be able to know anything about music after playing that game. And it's pretty obvious that you're not really "playing".
But that's point of the game. Actually of ALL games :)

It helped me. I played the game before actually (finally) learning the real thing, and I'd say it went a ways to aiding in dexterity and hand-eye coordination. It didn't help with the initial blistering, though. Yowch.

jesusaremus
jesusaremus Posted Thu 18 Mar, 2010 7:30 AM Quote
Hello again!
Been a little away for a while.
Was thinking the same about the Rockband Network. Let's hope to see some Travis stuff there. It would be great.
At least we have Travis on Singstar (PS3) i own "Sing" and "Something Anything" and it's quite difficult to make Fran Notes haha.

And about the Guitar topic. I've heard some complainings about this. But as you have said, the real thing is i game, you won't finished it and say "Dude! i'm ready to make a band, bring it on! i got 98% score, so let's make a real band" It helps, for example i can make faster my fingers on a real guitar, and it helps with coordination. But this does not pretend to make you a proffesional guitarist by just playing it.
So i really like music games like guitar hero, rockband, singstar. And singstar doesn't pretend to make you a proffesional singer, and it's quite fun to play with friends, and try to reach vocal notes just as the song.

Pages Previous 1 [2] All Times BST Current Time 1:12 AM