Travis

Re: Michael Phelps
ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Fri 15 Aug, 2008 4:13 AM Quote
11th career, 6th at the games.

NOTE: I hate that right after Ryan Lochte's medal ceremony, they cut to a shot of Michael training in the back, and getting a massage... twice.

lindsey22295
lindsey22295 Posted Fri 15 Aug, 2008 4:16 AM Quote
Okay so I'm confused about the whole "live" thing. Since it obviously already happened...but when I'm watching it at about 10pm they tell me that it is "live"
LIARS

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Fri 15 Aug, 2008 5:04 AM Quote
lindsey22295 wrote:
ElspethOllie wrote:
ricv64 wrote:
Natalie Coughlin ?

What about her?

She is from the bay area! And swam for CAL! And is one of the assistant coaches for them. And she kicked butt in the 100m back.

so lindsey says she's good , groovy

lindsey22295
lindsey22295 Posted Fri 15 Aug, 2008 7:38 AM Quote
ElspethOllie wrote:
11th career, 6th at the games.

NOTE: I hate that right after Ryan Lochte's medal ceremony, they cut to a shot of Michael training in the back, and getting a massage... twice.

Yeah I would have rather watched more of Lochte and Piersol with their medals than Phelp's butt jiggling around.

Moray
Moray Posted Fri 15 Aug, 2008 1:27 PM Quote
where do you reckon Michael Phelps bikini line starts then? Lets face it he must have one. Did he just suddenly become a lot less attractive to you ladies?

Nikki
Nikki Posted Fri 15 Aug, 2008 2:03 PM Quote
ashleyb wrote:
Nikki wrote:
6 for 6!

Woot! I'm so anxious for him to win them all. Can you imagine the disappointment of getting all but one or two?

Hi Ashley!! Good to see you around! I was just asking about you the other day! :)

I was thinking about that as well...but I think he can win all eight. He's so dominant! I was really excited for him last night!! He was amazing, but this race was a little closer than the others. I was on the edge of the couch going "Come on, Phelps! Come on, Phelps!" through the whole race, lol!

Off topic, but YaY for Nastia Liukin winning Gold in the all-around women's gymnastics competition last night! I liked her style much better than her teammate Shawn Johnson. She's much more graceful and ballerina-like. I fell asleep before the floor exercises, so I was really surprised that we beat out the Chinese when I woke up this morning! It looked like the judging was really unfairly lopsided in favor of the Chinese girls for a while there.

By the way, how old are those Chinese girls?? Wasn't there some controversy about them being too young? They look like they're eight years old.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Fri 15 Aug, 2008 2:07 PM Quote
Moray wrote:
where do you reckon Michael Phelps bikini line starts then? Lets face it he must have one. Did he just suddenly become a lot less attractive to you ladies?

LOL! I don't find him attractive at all. I mean, he's not a bad looking guy or anything...and his body is insane, but look at how he's build. It's almost freakish! haha...they were saying he has the upper body of someone who is like 6'8" and the legs of a 6'0" man. It helps him to swim faster because he has more upper body strength and less drag from long legs. Oh, and he's got size 14 feet he can use like flippers.

AbsGinger
AbsGinger Posted Fri 15 Aug, 2008 3:05 PM Quote
Nikki wrote:
Moray wrote:

LOL! I don't find him attractive at all. I mean, he's not a bad looking guy or anything...and his body is insane, but look at how he's build. It's almost freakish! haha...they were saying he has the upper body of someone who is like 6'8" and the legs of a 6'0" man. It helps him to swim faster because he has more upper body strength and less drag from long legs. Oh, and he's got size 14 feet he can use like flippers.

Siez 14 feet ? Bloody hell ! I'm a 6 1/2

minnmess
minnmess Posted Fri 15 Aug, 2008 3:40 PM Quote
lindsey22295 wrote:
Okay so I'm confused about the whole "live" thing. Since it obviously already happened...but when I'm watching it at about 10pm they tell me that it is "live"
LIARS

where are you from? bc it could be live. 10pm EST is 10am in China, so what we get at night, is live from the next day in China

Nikki, they think some of the gymnasts are 15 and some are as young as 9 or 10!!

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Fri 15 Aug, 2008 3:50 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:

where are you from? bc it could be live. 10pm EST is 10am in China, so what we get at night, is live from the next day in China

She's from Frisco hence the LA quit stealing our waters posts she makes

AbsGinger
AbsGinger Posted Fri 15 Aug, 2008 3:54 PM Quote
ricv64 wrote:
minnmess wrote:

She's from Frisco hence the LA quit stealing our waters posts she makes

mouhahaha

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Fri 15 Aug, 2008 4:04 PM Quote
lindsey22295 wrote:
LIARS

I read an article yesterday about this. It's live for Eastern and Central. The article was saying some are criticizing NBC for saying it's live when it's not for the west coast. Their point was they can do these amazing graphics but they can't remove the word live?? Or at least add "previously recorded"?

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Fri 15 Aug, 2008 4:15 PM Quote
You have to be 16 in the calendar year of the Olympics to compete, for gymnastics, or at least that's what the announcers said. They said they suspect some of the Chinese are not 16, but all of their passports say they are at least 16... so yeah. That's that.

AbsGinger
AbsGinger Posted Fri 15 Aug, 2008 4:17 PM Quote
ElspethOllie wrote:
You have to be 16 in the calendar year of the Olympics to compete, for gymnastics, or at least that's what the announcers said. They said they suspect some of the Chinese are not 16, but all of their passports say they are at least 16... so yeah. That's that.

the younger you are the more flexible you are too...

minnmess
minnmess Posted Fri 15 Aug, 2008 4:25 PM Quote
AbsGinger wrote:
ElspethOllie wrote:

the younger you are the more flexible you are too...

the jokes that i could make...

Pages Previous 1...7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 Next All Times BST Current Time 7:28 PM