Re: I made a Song To Self shirt :)
RaZzZ
RaZzZ Posted Mon 11 Aug, 2008 9:13 PM Quote
Is an aqua Color?
I love it!

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Tue 12 Aug, 2008 3:22 PM Quote
Nikki, it's great! You picked a great color shirt and I'm very impressed that you painted that. Even with a stencil it's still quite good.

A+!

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Tue 12 Aug, 2008 3:41 PM Quote
did you have to iron it to set the color ?

silvella
silvella Posted Tue 12 Aug, 2008 4:06 PM Quote
...and this is my OTJS-pendant:

http://i50.servimg.com/u/f50/12/20/88/81/anhang10.jpg

Made from "Fimo" and painted with acrylic colour, and the white dot is a Swarovski gem.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Tue 12 Aug, 2008 4:31 PM Quote
ricv64 wrote:
did you have to iron it to set the color ?

I painted it, Mazn...get with it. (kidding) :)

Darran
Darran Posted Tue 12 Aug, 2008 4:35 PM Quote
It's funky like a chicken.

Chiito-chan
Chiito-chan Posted Tue 12 Aug, 2008 4:36 PM Quote
silvella wrote:

Made from "Fimo" and painted with acrylic colour, and the white dot is a Swarovski gem.

That's so cool!

Nikki
Nikki Posted Tue 12 Aug, 2008 4:36 PM Quote
silvella wrote:

OMG! That is SO cool!!!! Nice job. :)

I want one! I would totally wear it as a bracelet.

So, do you just buy this Fimo stuff at an art and crafts store, mold it and then bake it? Do you have to have a special kilm, or can you put it in the oven? lol. Do you paint it afterwards? Sorry for all the questions, but it's so cool!

Chiito-chan
Chiito-chan Posted Tue 12 Aug, 2008 4:37 PM Quote
Nikki wrote:
http://i35.tinypic.com/oszr45.jpg

It's still drying, but I thought I'd take a pic and show you guys. I'm thinking about painting the TRAVIS logo across the back at the top. :D Yay! My first attempt at making a T-shirt is a success!

It's very nice, Nikki! I hope one day i can do something like this

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Tue 12 Aug, 2008 4:52 PM Quote
Nikki wrote:

So, do you just buy this Fimo stuff at an art and crafts store, mold it and then bake it? Do you have to have a special kilm, or can you put it in the oven? lol. Do you paint it afterwards? Sorry for all the questions, but it's so cool!

Fimo is a brand name of polymer clay, like you get at the arts & crafts store. Bake it in an oven. Paint it after.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Tue 12 Aug, 2008 5:05 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
Nikki wrote:

Fimo is a brand name of polymer clay, like you get at the arts & crafts store. Bake it in an oven. Paint it after.

Thanks, Kayte. Have you tried to make beads before? I'm gonna try it! I hope there are directions on the tub of clay that explains how to bake it and all that. I'm sure it does. Wow...I'm feeling very crafty lately. :)

minnmess
minnmess Posted Tue 12 Aug, 2008 6:13 PM Quote
Darran wrote:
It's funky like a chicken.

hahaha. Bringing back a classic.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Tue 12 Aug, 2008 6:30 PM Quote
Nikki wrote:

Thanks, Kayte. Have you tried to make beads before? I'm gonna try it! I hope there are directions on the tub of clay that explains how to bake it and all that. I'm sure it does. Wow...I'm feeling very crafty lately. :)

No, I haven't tried it. I've seen it done on Carol Duvall on HGTV and it gets so complex. People with their clay presses and embossing powder and little knives and blah, blah, blah. Same reason I will NEVER take up scrapbooking. Too big of a world. I have my quilting and crocheting and that takes up enough space in my house and in my brain!

minnmess
minnmess Posted Tue 12 Aug, 2008 7:09 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
Nikki wrote:

No, I haven't tried it. I've seen it done on Carol Duvall on HGTV and it gets so complex. People with their clay presses and embossing powder and little knives and blah, blah, blah. Same reason I will NEVER take up scrapbooking. Too big of a world. I have my quilting and crocheting and that takes up enough space in my house and in my brain!

scrapbooking is deadly. I did one for my last europe trip and it was ridic expensive and took forever, although i love the outcome and kinda did my own style (more of a fancy photo album with lots of other pieces that a scrapbook as they are now a days with 1 or 2 pics and then a bunch of papery stuff). I want to do a sorta 'everyday' scrapbook (a page for a concert, page for a wedding, page for graduation) but it is a huge undertaking.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Tue 12 Aug, 2008 7:29 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:
Nikki wrote:

scrapbooking is deadly. I did one for my last europe trip and it was ridic expensive and took forever, although i love the outcome and kinda did my own style (more of a fancy photo album with lots of other pieces that a scrapbook as they are now a days with 1 or 2 pics and then a bunch of papery stuff). I want to do a sorta 'everyday' scrapbook (a page for a concert, page for a wedding, page for graduation) but it is a huge undertaking.

Oh, I know. Whenever I go to the Michael's Arts & Crafts store here, the scrapbooking aisle scares me. There's so much little crap you can glue into the books it's absurd! I still need to finish my photo album from my trip to Poland three years ago, lol!

I'm not gonna go overboard with the bead making or anything like that, I'd just like to see if I can actually do it, and making something Travis-related would be cool. :)

Pages Previous 1 2 [3] 4 Next All Times BST Current Time 10:04 PM