Travis

Re: Tattoo
minnmess
minnmess Posted Wed 13 Aug, 2008 6:20 PM Quote
ricv64 wrote:
minnmess wrote:
every year i claim that this is the year i am getting a tattoo. And yet, i remain tatoo-less.

what were you thinking of getting ?

some sorta canadian-esque red maple leaf that isnt too linear like the one on the flag, or too realistic. I have one i like saved at home, but im at work. Let me see if i can find it online. And i also like retro owls. Like from the 60s and 70s. Something along these lines

http://re3.yt-thm-a01.yimg.com/image/25/m2/2264775127

Something in this genre, but perhaps a little more realistic and in colour. But that era.

http://www.vinylwallart.com/sitebuilder/images/owl-249x249.jpg

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Wed 13 Aug, 2008 6:26 PM Quote
a quick search on google finds alotta designs but doesn't hurt to look around more

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Wed 13 Aug, 2008 6:27 PM Quote
I really don't understand the whole tattoo thing. If you like a picture, hang it on your wall where you can see it. And you can take it down when you get sick of it. There is no word or image that I will ever want to have as part of my body.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Wed 13 Aug, 2008 6:30 PM Quote
ricv64 wrote:
a quick search on google finds alotta designs but doesn't hurt to look around more

oh i know. I wouldnt get something just bc it was on the first page of my google search, that was just for quick, board posting bc you asked.

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Wed 13 Aug, 2008 6:31 PM Quote
In responce to Kayte

it's not for everybody . I'm not getting this neck and hand craze the hipsters are going for , thats WAY TOO PRISON / GANG related . I don't know why some tattooist are doin em except for the cash . Before i've seen people ejected from shops for asking for one there or in that style

minnmess
minnmess Posted Wed 13 Aug, 2008 6:36 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
I really don't understand the whole tattoo thing. If you like a picture, hang it on your wall where you can see it. And you can take it down when you get sick of it. There is no word or image that I will ever want to have as part of my body.

not even a turtle? in a Wings jersey? thats classy! lol

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Wed 13 Aug, 2008 6:39 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

Believe it or not, not even that! Not my kids names. Nothing. It took me years to decide just to get my ears pierced! I'm still not sure I made the right decision.

cornax
cornax Posted Wed 13 Aug, 2008 6:44 PM Quote
Definitely not for everybody. I like the idea of having a piece of living art on me. There's just something comforting about the permanence of it. Although it's on my back so I don't get the best view of it...lol! One last suggestion...try to get one in a place that won't sag too much when you're older! I wish I'd thought ahead when I got one on my lower stomach. Not such a pretty sight after two babies...

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Wed 13 Aug, 2008 7:00 PM Quote
cornax wrote:
One last suggestion...try to get one in a place that won't sag too much when you're older!

When I was in college I saw a girl at the pool who had a sunflower tattoo around her belly button. All I could think was how nasty that would look if she ever got pregnant.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Wed 13 Aug, 2008 7:05 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
minnmess wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

Believe it or not, not even that! Not my kids names. Nothing. It took me years to decide just to get my ears pierced! I'm still not sure I made the right decision.

there are definatly some horrible tattoos out there. I would only get something that i truly loved and that ment something to me. And something i can hide (shoulder blade or something).
For my former roommates 24th birthday, im taking her to get her ears pierced bc she has been to chicken to do it. Her bday is Aug 22nd, but it will be the weekend of Sept 5th when im going to Ottawa. And my mom was in her 40's when she got hers done. I had gotten mine done ( i was..in grade 4 i think) and she decided she liked it, so she went without telling anyone. it was quite the shock!

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Wed 13 Aug, 2008 7:21 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:

there are definatly some horrible tattoos out there. I would only get something that i truly loved and that ment something to me. And something i can hide (shoulder blade or something).
For my former roommates 24th birthday, im taking her to get her ears pierced bc she has been to chicken to do it. Her bday is Aug 22nd, but it will be the weekend of Sept 5th when im going to Ottawa. And my mom was in her 40's when she got hers done. I had gotten mine done ( i was..in grade 4 i think) and she decided she liked it, so she went without telling anyone. it was quite the shock!

Grade 4--your Canadian is showing.

If you get a tattoo on your shoulder blade, you can't see it. Who is it for? What would be the purpose of it? I guess I just don't understand....I'd rather have a t-shirt or something!

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Wed 13 Aug, 2008 7:24 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:

If you get a tattoo on your shoulder blade, you can't see it. Who is it for? What would be the purpose of it? I guess I just don't understand....I'd rather have a t-shirt or something!

thanks for translating.
Even if she can't look at it easy , it's still for her and she'll known it's there and for her reasons . T shirts are nice too though

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Wed 13 Aug, 2008 7:28 PM Quote
Trying to see a tattoo on your back.
http://petcity.gr/images/anims/dogs/big_headed_tiny_dog_chasing_tail_md_wht.gif

minnmess
minnmess Posted Wed 13 Aug, 2008 7:44 PM Quote
ricv64 wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

thanks for translating.
Even if she can't look at it easy , it's still for her and she'll known it's there and for her reasons . T shirts are nice too though

grade 4-yay! 4th grade-boo!
Thats one way to tell a fake canadian when the stick a canadian flag on their backpack when travelling around europe, etc. that and the inproper use of 'eh?'
Yup, a tattoo on my shoulder blade, etc., would be for me, not anyone else. I dont have to see it every second for it to be a part of me or symbolize something important to me.

SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Wed 13 Aug, 2008 7:59 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
Trying to see a tattoo on your back.
http://petcity.gr/images/anims/dogs/big_headed_tiny_dog_chasing_tail_md_wht.gif

or you could just look in the mirror! lol!

Pages Previous 1 [2] 3 Next All Times BST Current Time 5:22 AM