Travis

Re: Did you all get this e-mail?
laticsmon
laticsmon Posted Thu 07 Jun, 2007 7:14 PM Quote
I've applied!

If it means handing out flyers etc then that’s ok!

Not sure about the fly posting though, I live in the same town where 'keep Britain tidy' is based! (and it's still a mess!)

Typing to Reach You
Typing to Reach You Posted Thu 07 Jun, 2007 7:38 PM Quote
Yeah, I've looked at the email just now. Thing is, it sounds potentially quite good, but there's almost zero detail. I don't know what the jobs will be, where they're based, what date to start and finish, the hours...in short, it's a bit of a rubbishy job request. Can you fill us in at all TWT?

Sunny
Sunny Posted Thu 07 Jun, 2007 7:49 PM Quote
Typing to Reach You wrote:
Yeah, I've looked at the email just now. Thing is, it sounds potentially quite good, but there's almost zero detail. I don't know what the jobs will be, where they're based, what date to start and finish, the hours...in short, it's a bit of a rubbishy job request. Can you fill us in at all TWT?

It's usually sticking up posters, handing out leaflets and collecting names (at gigs) for mailing lists.

Although why they'd start a street team now (so far down the line) is a bit of a mystery.

Andrew
Andrew Posted Thu 07 Jun, 2007 7:52 PM Quote
Sunny wrote:
Although why they'd start a street team now (so far down the line) is a bit of a mystery.

Yeah seems bizarre to me.

Ok for up and coming bands it's a good idea gets their name out and some folk might go find out more.

But folk who sign up will surely only get one of
"Yeah Travis they're cool"
or
"Travis? F*ck off!"

Can't see many folk going 'Oh Travis? Yeah I'll check them out' :s

monkey
monkey Posted Thu 07 Jun, 2007 8:01 PM Quote
are street teams not done by mainly emo bands?

harry potter
harry potter Posted Thu 07 Jun, 2007 8:30 PM Quote

this street team when it gets going isn't going to be just about Travis it's going to be ALL about the other acts on indepenanainte.

classic bait and switch, reel you in with one thing and then change it.

and another thing - the UK don't need no steeenkin' stree team to drum up awareness for Travis, the frickin' US needs one...or something. why is there no support in the US to push Travis onto mainstream rock radio over here?

Travis Web Team
Travis Web Team Posted Fri 08 Jun, 2007 3:55 PM Quote
Typing to Reach You wrote:
it sounds potentially quite good, but there's almost zero detail. I don't know what the jobs will be, where they're based, what date to start and finish, the hours...in short, it's a bit of a rubbishy job request. Can you fill us in at all TWT?

hi, afraid we can't give you much more detail than what's in the mail as it's Independiente, Travis' record label, that are setting up and running the Street Team.

We'd imagine that it will be run along similar lines to other street teams. As others have mentioned you may be asked to distribute promo' material, posters and collect names for mailing lists prior to gigs etc, in return you receive Travis goodies in the post.

They are in the process of setting this all up at present - and will send further details onto those respond in the following weeks.

Peewee
Peewee Posted Fri 08 Jun, 2007 4:20 PM Quote
Oh yeah I got my email this morning afterall!

I'm too busy tho ;)

Tonie
Tonie Posted Fri 08 Jun, 2007 5:07 PM Quote
I've given my details. It's not like I'm committed to doing it, or anything. If they like the look of my details they'll ask me to help, or if not, no loss. I'm very interested to see what they have to say on the job spec!

I do agree, it's the kind of thing you'd expect to see at unsigned bands' or less known acts' gigs.

Rodders
Rodders Posted Fri 08 Jun, 2007 7:05 PM Quote
I got my email of acceptance today. It does sound like it'll mainly just be going to gigs of smaller bands and handing free stuff out. Not sure I can be bothered with that to be honest. On the flip side you get a free Selfish Jean t shirt before you've even done anything :P

I'll think about it

Sunny
Sunny Posted Fri 08 Jun, 2007 7:18 PM Quote
Rodders wrote:
I got my email of acceptance today. It does sound like it'll mainly just be going to gigs of smaller bands and handing free stuff out. Not sure I can be bothered with that to be honest. On the flip side you get a free Selfish Jean t shirt before you've even done anything :P

I'll think about it

This acceptance email is very strange.

Firstly they're asking you to email your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions, which is all well and good, but then there's this: Once we have got your details we’ll send you information on the first task
Er, hello? Am I being ordered to do this or something? What if it's physically impossible for me to get to a gig/hand out leaflets etc.
Especially as they say: We want the team to be comprised of wholly committed fans around the UK. So, to show your commitment, it’s really important that you keep to the deadlines. That way we know you’re serious!
I'm sorry but I may be dying or something that day, would they drag me off my death bed to attend a gig? It sounds like you get dropped automatically if you don't carry out their wishes. Nice, eh?
Maybe it's just how they've worded it, but it sounds as if you'll have little choice in the matter .. I could be wrong, of course ..

Then How do teams work?
We will pass your email on to other team members in your local area so you can create your own regional division

Not without my fooking say so you won't.

Sounds very rushed to me.

harry potter
harry potter Posted Fri 08 Jun, 2007 7:24 PM Quote

what's to stop people chucking all the stuff they have to "give away" behind the Tescos and saying that they've completed their tasks?

Sunny
Sunny Posted Fri 08 Jun, 2007 7:25 PM Quote
harry potter wrote:

what's to stop people chucking all the stuff they have to "give away" behind the Tescos and saying that they've completed their tasks?

Apparently you have to take a photo of yourself "in action". I seriously doubt Indy will supply the camera ...

harry potter
harry potter Posted Fri 08 Jun, 2007 7:36 PM Quote
Sunny wrote:
harry potter wrote:

Apparently you have to take a photo of yourself "in action". I seriously doubt Indy will supply the camera ...

lol doubtful. so that's stopping an industrious young man/woman from enlisting their family and friends - click, click, bin, travis goodies!

Sunny
Sunny Posted Fri 08 Jun, 2007 7:37 PM Quote
harry potter wrote:

lol doubtful. so that's stopping an industrious young man/woman from enlisting their family and friends - click, click, bin, travis goodies!

Yeaaah. They really haven't thought this through, have they?

*coughs*they'reonlyseeing££signs*coughs*

Pages Previous 1 [2] 3 4 Next All Times BST Current Time 6:03 AM