Travis

Re: Author of the Twilight series is a Travis fan
Erial
Erial Posted Wed 06 Aug, 2008 6:57 PM Quote
That doesn't make me very happy xD Let's just say I'm not a fan of the Twilight series.

That being said, I think this belongs in the General Thread too.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Wed 06 Aug, 2008 8:21 PM Quote
ElspethOllie wrote:
I think someone posted something about this in the General thread. Yeah she has a playlist for every book. She's an even bigger Muse fan.

Sorry, meant to respond earlier. I did a search on the board and only found that someone mentioned that WDIAROM was on her playlist. Just thought it was cool they got mentioned in her acknowledgments.

nesmap wrote:
Is it a good series if you just like vamps? Or is there a lot of crappy romance in it? :s

There is a lot of crappy romance. There is some vampire and werewolf stuff. You got a medium amount of back story and mythology. But it's not very scary or gory.

Erial wrote:
That doesn't make me very happy xD Let's just say I'm not a fan of the Twilight series.

That being said, I think this belongs in the General Thread too.

I agree. Had I thought about how quickly this would turn into a discussion of the books I would have put it in G chat but I really intended the thread to just be a "oh that's cool" about them being in the acknowledgments.

vampire_lover
vampire_lover Posted Wed 13 Aug, 2008 2:07 PM Quote
I love Twilight and it's why I discovered Travis :D Once I decided to listen to these playlists and after I heard Why does it always rain on me? and As you are I knew I'll like this music :P

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Wed 13 Aug, 2008 5:18 PM Quote
vampire_lover wrote:
I love Twilight and it's why I discovered Travis :D Once I decided to listen to these playlists and after I heard Why does it always rain on me? and As you are I knew I'll like this music :P

I think I might have guessed you liked Twilight based on your user name!

Glad that her liking them introduced you to Travis.

TK23
TK23 Posted Wed 13 Aug, 2008 5:32 PM Quote
Hm, you're right, I just looked in the second book and there they are! Interesting.

As for the series, I read the first novel a couple of weeks ago (my sister was practically shoving down my throat for months! :P ), it was better than I'd thought, and for a few days I was really enjoying it. Now I've finished it and have the second book to the series in my possession, but cannot bring myself to dive into all of that vampire malarkey again. Perhaps that's a sign... : /

Anyway, at least if there's an onslaught of vampire obsessed thirteen year old girls on the board, we'll know who to blame. Haha, I joke.

alexandria_z
alexandria_z Posted Wed 13 Aug, 2008 9:01 PM Quote
I was going to post that Stephenie Meyer listened to Travis while writing her books but I never got around to posting it. I enjoy the Twilight Series that's how I discovered the music of Muse and since the author enjoyed Travis I gave all the books a shot lol But I do think that the Twilight fans are a little too over the top, it's kind of scary.

Erial
Erial Posted Wed 13 Aug, 2008 10:29 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
But it's not very scary or gory.

Except for Breaking Dawn, the most recent (and last, as far as the writer's planned, I think). Maybe not scary, but gory for sure xD

Do any of you know if other writer/artist listens to Travis and has said it somewhere..?

fenchurch
fenchurch Posted Wed 13 Aug, 2008 10:46 PM Quote
I was wondering if anyone else had noticed this. It's so weird, over the past year I have watched nearly all my friends become obsessed with these books! I've read them, they're not terrible like, but they're way to teenage for me. That sounds terribly condescending I know, but i've been reading the books my sister studies in college since i was twelve, I guess i've just got a different taste in books to my friends. I always check her playlists though, anything that mentions Travis i like :)

connieonnie
connieonnie Posted Mon 18 Aug, 2008 5:53 PM Quote
Travis appears on her playlists for every book she has written except New Moon.
Twilight - Why Does It Always Rain on Me
Eclipse - Luv
Breaking Dawn - Safe
The Host(non twilight book) - As You Are
I thought about brining it up on the forum but people seem to always have strong opinions about the subject, so I never did.
Personally it only made me like the books more that my favorite band was featured on her playlist & in the acknowledgments.
I am glad that more people might come to know Travis. Everyone should have the chance to have Travis's music in their lives.

Pages Previous 1 [2] All Times BST Current Time 8:08 PM