Travis

Re: Paper Strings: New songs 'A Time Gone By' & 'Orbit'
Typing to Reach You
Typing to Reach You Posted Fri 19 Jun, 2009 7:19 PM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
Downloaded and now i'm listening... and i'm a likin'. ;)

Sounds better than the stuff i've heard before. Got better microphones now? lol Keep with it Mr Strings. :)

Cheers Mr Ben. I'm actually using the same crappy macbook in-built mic I've always used. Well, I seem to recall I used a proper one on The Veil, but had problems with it recording only in mono or something. Maybe I'm just improving at making the best out of the limited tools available to me. I would never actually blame my tools of course, because that would make me a bad workman. Not that I am a workman. But. Yeah.

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Sat 20 Jun, 2009 12:08 AM Quote
Ahh, really? Well, you're obviously getting better. Good news! Keep going at it! :)

the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Sun 21 Jun, 2009 3:32 PM Quote
I downloaded A Time Gone By and managed a whole listen without my laptop dying. It sounded good, nice ambience with the backing vocals and that stuff. Then my laptop died again and I'm awful at remembering songs after I've heard them once so... it's a vague thumbs-up I think :)

Typing to Reach You
Typing to Reach You Posted Mon 22 Jun, 2009 1:05 AM Quote
the boy with a cryptic name wrote:
I downloaded A Time Gone By and managed a whole listen without my laptop dying. It sounded good, nice ambience with the backing vocals and that stuff. Then my laptop died again and I'm awful at remembering songs after I've heard them once so... it's a vague thumbs-up I think :)

I'll take a 'vague thumbs-up', thanks dude. ;D

Btw, just to let everyone know, all 10 tracks are now on my music MySpace page too (link in my profile).

singme0430
singme0430 Posted Mon 22 Jun, 2009 11:09 AM Quote
Great songs!! Particularly, I like Armed Forces, The Realist, A Time Gone By, War of Words, Logic and Orbit. It must take a long time to write such songs! Really well done.

sebnemy
sebnemy Posted Mon 22 Jun, 2009 1:02 PM Quote
Nice!

joss
joss Posted Mon 22 Jun, 2009 3:48 PM Quote
LOL :-), no comment.

irenesfor
irenesfor Posted Wed 24 Jun, 2009 6:49 PM Quote
Wow, you did a great job with these songs!
And I can feel the influence of Travis :)

Re: Paper Strings: New song 'Down The Line' and a website!
Typing to Reach You
Typing to Reach You Posted Fri 25 Sep, 2009 1:43 PM Quote
Just updated the original post, but the gist is:

New website: http://paperstrings.webs.com/

New song: "Down The Line". Check it out on the homepage music player if you get the chance. :D

Thanks all! Oh, and tell me if you're getting pissed off with this being on the Travis section. =P To be honest I just tend to get more response on this side of the 'board, what with the 'Travis-only' posters 'n that lol.

Pages Previous 1 2 [3] All Times BST Current Time 3:01 PM