Travis

Re: An observation
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Fri 25 Jul, 2008 10:32 PM Quote
I post on both sides, but way more on G-chat. Here you can meet people, talk about life, as everyone already said, diversity is a key thing. I mostly lurke on T-chat, because I feel like I have nothing to say... However sometimes I post even when I have nothing to say :oP.
And btw, Travis are still (one of) my favourite band(s) :o).
I don't think this is a controversial subject...

Meridith
Meridith Posted Sat 26 Jul, 2008 2:09 AM Quote
Nikki wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:
Meridith wrote:
Hi Tonie, I'm Meridith....pleased to meet you! I'm one of those that post every now and then in T-chat, but I tend to post more in G-chat. I lurk quite a bit in T-chat...but feel a little shy when it comes to posting there as I feel I have nothing interesting to add at times.

Congratulations on your 1000th post! Wow, look at you now
http://re3.yt-thm-a01.yimg.com/image/25/f11/77110429
Feathers in the Window!

Woot! Congrats!! (those feathers in the window will never get old).

Thanks ladies! Another 2 years and I will be where you are now!

DAKOTA
DAKOTA Posted Sat 26 Jul, 2008 3:13 AM Quote
You can do it!! :D

Peewee
Peewee Posted Sat 26 Jul, 2008 6:30 PM Quote
Hey glad to have an actual discussion going on here! My two cents:

I think the T.chat side of things SUCKS!!! Basically. It's full of manic fans who constantly post PLEASE COME TO [insert country]!!!!! Or decide to get a tad too personal regarding the lads...I mean who gives a toss what they eat for breakfast or what t-shirts they were!!! Also I have been here long enough that discussions about "how you first came across Travis" and "fav song" just bore me :-/

Plus there is much more banter over here and people seem normal and not Fan Freaks or randomers who post like once and disappear. There's more staying power on this side!

Esteban
Esteban Posted Sun 27 Jul, 2008 5:24 AM Quote
Oh great, this topic again.

http://universityblog.files.wordpress.com/2007/09/yawn-photo-by-hilaryaq-478473_53226820_.jpg

Tonie
Tonie Posted Sun 27 Jul, 2008 2:50 PM Quote
Well, I did apologise in advance for posting the thread, as I wasn't sure if it had been discussed before. I raised the topic to comment on the surprising fact (to me -as I'm more your occasional poster) that there seem to be, with some exceptions, 2 different sets of boardies who frequent each side of the forum, rather inviting than a them vs us debate. Which it kind of turned out to be in parts.

It made me smile that a couple of people from over here have since made rare posts in t-chat :)

My feeling is that the T chat side of things has too many threads for each topic. It's like a clamouring for attention, which irritates me! But then, I am a bit intolerant! If there was strictly one thread for each gig, for example, people could arrange meet ups in it, and then review afterwards all in one place. Then the earlier threads on the same topic are less likely to fall 3 pages back in the space of a day. Just a thought.

What I've noticed on other forums is that if the band in question is not gigging or releasing, the activity in that part of the forum just goes on a temporary break and the posters concentrate on other music or more general conversation. There does seem to be a relentless need here to talk Travis even when things are in limbo.

I'm learning a lot from this thread! Cheers! :)

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Mon 28 Jul, 2008 3:16 AM Quote
Tonie wrote:

My feeling is that the T chat side of things has too many threads for each topic. It's like a clamouring for attention, which irritates me! But then, I am a bit intolerant! If there was strictly one thread for each gig, for example, people could arrange meet ups in it, and then review afterwards all in one place. Then the earlier threads on the same topic are less likely to fall 3 pages back in the space of a day. Just a thought.

I agree. I don't know why people feel the need to start a thread about topics that are already being discussed on other threads. Maybe it's easier to click on "post new" than to read around a bit or use the search function *shrugs*

Pages Previous 1 2 [3] All Times BST Current Time 10:17 AM