Travis

Re: The Dark Knight
ricv64
ricv64 Posted Tue 22 Jul, 2008 12:58 AM Quote
minnmess wrote:

Ric, i feel like im degrating the image of my country in your eyes!

i've written your prime minister and maggie trudeau about this .

lampie1970
lampie1970 Posted Tue 22 Jul, 2008 1:24 AM Quote
ricv64 wrote:
"Watch me make this pencil disappear..."

Oh my!! that was like jumping into a cold pool! It really set the tone for the character...which i have to say: Heath did so extremely well...it's gonna sound cliche, but i was thinking "Brando" more than once. He has the same intensity, the same sort of sacrificial self destruction...so awesome!

Loved the entire movie! so good...My friend and I will be going to see it at IMAX this coming weekend cause we want to see it BIGGER!

hennypenny
hennypenny Posted Tue 22 Jul, 2008 1:24 AM Quote
I'm going to see it on wednesday

adri_travis
adri_travis Posted Tue 22 Jul, 2008 1:28 AM Quote
i want to see it so bad!

minnmess
minnmess Posted Fri 25 Jul, 2008 10:23 PM Quote
I saw it yesterday. It normally isnt the kind of movie that i go for, but it was pretty amazing! Heath made me sad though.
It was kinda crazy. I saw it at 3:15 on a thursday afternoon, a week after opening, and the theatre was half full. and that was one of about 4 showings just in the afternoon at a tiny theatre that i saw it at. Im glad i didnt go on a friday night!

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Fri 25 Jul, 2008 10:27 PM Quote
nice chicago accent

physke
physke Posted Fri 25 Jul, 2008 10:29 PM Quote
I am so sorry for Heath Ledger, he was a so talented guy

Moray
Moray Posted Sat 26 Jul, 2008 1:54 AM Quote
Just home from watching it. Oh my sweet lord, what a movie. Exceeded all my expectations. Brilliant.

fortysixand2
fortysixand2 Posted Sat 26 Jul, 2008 11:24 AM Quote
Overrated. It's quite good but no better than -for example- "Batman Begins". I just don't understand how it could enter into imdb's top 250 movies list from the 1st place. It's even not better than Nolan's "Memento". I think American people are just so good at exagerrating things.

Jennny
Jennny Posted Sat 26 Jul, 2008 12:32 PM Quote
Saw it yesterday. Heath, Heath, Heath. He was so good! And the movie didn't let me down either.

mozman68
mozman68 Posted Sat 26 Jul, 2008 3:09 PM Quote
fortysixand2 wrote:
Overrated. It's quite good but no better than -for example- "Batman Begins". I just don't understand how it could enter into imdb's top 250 movies list from the 1st place. It's even not better than Nolan's "Memento". I think American people are just so good at exagerrating things.

Are you high?? I would be the first to say if it was only "decent"....I thought it flowed very well....was as realistic as it could be considering the subject matter....I also was concerned about the hype considering Heath's death, but I was very impressed with his take on the Joker....thumbs up, 5 stars...whatever...all around from me.

...and please don't compare a Batman movie to Memento...give me a break.

fortysixand2
fortysixand2 Posted Sat 26 Jul, 2008 3:40 PM Quote
mozman68 wrote:
fortysixand2 wrote:

Are you high?? I would be the first to say if it was only "decent"....I thought it flowed very well....was as realistic as it could be considering the subject matter....I also was concerned about the hype considering Heath's death, but I was very impressed with his take on the Joker....thumbs up, 5 stars...whatever...all around from me.

...and please don't compare a Batman movie to Memento...give me a break.

First, I can compare a Batman movie to Memento since they are both "movies". In fact, I can compare any movie to any other one. Please read what I wrote once again before acting fanatically. The reason I said it was overrated and the reason I compared it to Memento is the same: the movie is on top of the "Best Movies Ever" in imdb.com. Whoa! Please, step back a little bit. Best movie ever? No way. It's a great movie which is as great as "Batman Begins" at best. I'm not doing popularity opposition. I'm just annoyed at how the recently released movies are being exagerrated.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Sat 26 Jul, 2008 6:26 PM Quote
Overall I really loved this movie! One of the best Batman movies ever! (The first two will always hold a special place in my heart. You can't beat Michael Keaton as Batman!) Despite being a bit too long, it was very entertaining the whole way through and I thought that Heath Ledger stole the show! His best acting ever! He nailed the role of The Joker! So sad that it will be the last time we ever see him on screen. It's such a shame. He was very talented.

Christian Bale is great as Bruce Wayne, however, there was something about his low Batman voice that bugged me!!! I know Batman's voice is supposed to be lower, but he just didn't do it right. It sounded weird. Also, I don't really think Katie Holmes is anything special as an actress, but at least she looked the part of Bruce Wayne's love interest. I'm sorry but Maggie Gyllenhaal was NOT a good choice. They portray her as a beauty and I'm sorry to say...she um, not. LoL! Also, to me, the Batmobile is supposed to be a sleek, stealthy ride...not some freakin' tank. I'm glad it broke in this film...maybe they'll go back to a more classic Batmobile for future movies. Only a few minor complaints, but overall I really did love it!!!

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Sat 26 Jul, 2008 8:51 PM Quote
fortysixand2 wrote:

First, I can compare a Batman movie to Memento since they are both "movies". In fact, I can compare any movie to any other one. Please read what I wrote once again before acting fanatically. The reason I said it was overrated and the reason I compared it to Memento is the same: the movie is on top of the "Best Movies Ever" in imdb.com. Whoa! Please, step back a little bit. Best movie ever? No way. It's a great movie which is as great as "Batman Begins" at best. I'm not doing popularity opposition. I'm just annoyed at how the recently released movies are being exagerrated.

Just because it's #1 on imdb doesn't mean anything. I think it's number one because it's a movie that a lot of people have seen and they took it upon themselves to vote. There are a lot of movies on that list that are better, but aren't or weren't shown as widely. If you noticed, they do the voting by average. A lot of those other movies have less than half of the votes that The Dark Knight goes (Memento is #29, side note). I don't think it's the best movie I've ever seen, but it's good in it's own genre. It's hard to compare it to my other favorite movies just because of the subject matter and genre. It's definitely my favorite comic book movie. Probably my favorite action movie.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Sat 26 Jul, 2008 9:06 PM Quote
ElspethOllie wrote:
fortysixand2 wrote:

Just because it's #1 on imdb doesn't mean anything. I think it's number one because it's a movie that a lot of people have seen and they took it upon themselves to vote. There are a lot of movies on that list that are better, but aren't or weren't shown as widely. If you noticed, they do the voting by average. A lot of those other movies have less than half of the votes that The Dark Knight goes (Memento is #29, side note). I don't think it's the best movie I've ever seen, but it's good in it's own genre. It's hard to compare it to my other favorite movies just because of the subject matter and genre. It's definitely my favorite comic book movie. Probably my favorite action movie.

I agree, Lauren. It's not my favorite movie by any means, but in the comic book movie genre, it's one of the best I've ever seen. The Batman series to me is the best of the comic book movies. Batman is just a cool character and the series has the most animated and memorable villains. I also liked the first Spiderman with Toby McGuire where they showed his transformation into Spiderman...but I didn't really like the sequels all that much.

Pages Previous 1 2 [3] 4 Next All Times BST Current Time 7:07 PM