Travis

Just had a root canal treatment...
Hanne
Hanne Posted Thu 17 Jul, 2008 10:13 AM Quote
...and it didn't hurt! For years I've heard all these horror scenarios, and I was dead nervous. And then I didn't feel a thing. I must admit that I got a rather efficient local anasthaetic. Even my ear is numb.

Now I'm just waiting for the numbness to go away so I can feel that it relieved the pressure :o)

Re: Just had a root canal treatment...
spid
spid Posted Thu 17 Jul, 2008 10:28 AM Quote
Woah, dental surgery - you are brave - I hate the dentist and I have great teeth and never need any treatment. 4 fillings only in 40+ years (and 2 of those weren't really necessary!) but I'm sure it's fear that makes me look after my teeth and I've luckily been blessed with strong ones (but the downside is they ain't white!)

Hanne
Hanne Posted Thu 17 Jul, 2008 10:33 AM Quote
Too white teeth look artificial anyway :o) There is this one guy on Extreme Makeover - Home Edition whose teeth are so white that it's scary.

Anyhow, I don't fancy having a constant pain in my teeth, so I'd rather just grab the bull by the horns and get it overwith. I'm not exactly excited about going to a dentist, but sometimes, it's just necessary. I think it's great that you have so few fillings! It's not that I get fillings all the time, but in this tooth, there was a quite big one, which had started to crack a bit. Hence the root had become infected and that wasn't painless. Now they've removed the pressure, and in a month or so I'll get a new permanent filling.

The only painful thing will be when I get the bill :o/

mili
mili Posted Thu 17 Jul, 2008 6:02 PM Quote
I hope it's all fine now!
I had it done once, and it wasn't as bad as everybody told me. The tooth had an old filling that somehow leaked, and a new cavity came under it. The first dentist that tried to take care of it just made it worse, so I ended up with the root canal treatment. The tooth still feels a bit strange after few years and I'm still in a habit of pushing it with my tongue occationally. I'm going to see the dentist in August, hope there's nothing bad going on this time.

Hanne
Hanne Posted Thu 17 Jul, 2008 7:20 PM Quote
Well at least the new dentist can't give you another root canal treatment... It's really bad when the filling gives you a new cavity.

It's hurting a bit now, but doesn't it always after getting a new filling or something like that. At least now I know the reason for the pain, and that it'll go away very soon :o)

SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Thu 17 Jul, 2008 7:24 PM Quote
I had the same experience a few months ago...it didn't hurt at all! Putting the crown on was more uncomfortable for me...didn't hurt either, but the actual root canal was nothing!

Well, I hope the numbness goes away soon, and that you don't feel any pain afterwards. They told me that I might be sore after the numbness went away, but I was fine!

Hanne
Hanne Posted Thu 17 Jul, 2008 7:43 PM Quote
Well I'm really sore, but it's all good; I know that this pain will go away :o)

Oh, the crown. I'm glad it went well; that gives me hope lol

TK23
TK23 Posted Fri 18 Jul, 2008 3:11 AM Quote
How brave! Glad everything went alright. I'm a scaredy cat when it comes to getting any kind of dental work, I've gotten laughing gas for only having cavities filled. : P

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 5:34 AM