Travis

crap day turned out great
weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Tue 15 Jul, 2008 3:13 AM Quote
This morning I was driving to work in a fairly foul mood (many reasons why) and I saw a guy driving a motorcycle. Behind him was a trailer with his dog in it. The contraption looked kind of like this

http://www.openroadoutfitters.com/images/trailers/stock_photos/wags/WAGS_Pet_05.jpg

except the sides were open (cage like) so that's how I knew there was a dog. I tried to get a pic but he turned another direction. It was so ridiculous looking that it made me feel a bit happier.

Then I was getting a sandwich for lunch and on the tip jar it said "Rejection Hotline 651-1907". I asked what that was about and they said it's a number to give to someone you don't want to give your number to. I of course called it and it's an automated message that's pretty funny. (The area code here is 512 if you're curious) Of course in the end it's really advertising a site where you can buy ringtones. But it's still pretty funny. I told him to google "dimitri, voicemail" if he wanted another laugh. He asked if it was Dimitri Martin. I said no but that I know who that was because he was in a Travis video. Shockingly, he had heard of Travis. Mood, a bit better.

Finally in the midst of a crazy crazy afternoon at work; we were hosting the craziest business closing I've ever been at - buyer, seller, bank, lawyers. Lots of printing, last minute changes to docs, pdfing pages, notarize this, blah blah blah. It was a three hour process!! (and I still have more scanning and organizing tomorrow to do)

My boss came over in the midst of all of this and told me that he wanted to tell me in a more celebratory way but since he didn't have time to take me to lunch today he wanted me to know that I got a BONUS in the paycheck I'll be getting tomorrow!! Just because I'm doing such a great job!! I was totally floored.

So what I really thought was going to be a wretched day turned out pretty great in the end.

Re: crap day turned out great
minnmess
minnmess Posted Tue 15 Jul, 2008 3:16 AM Quote
glad your day turned around!
Dimitri, funny dogs, rejects and money! yay!

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Tue 15 Jul, 2008 3:30 AM Quote
Rejection hotline is the shit. There's a number for almost every city.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Tue 15 Jul, 2008 3:32 AM Quote
I like the bad breath hotline option.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Tue 15 Jul, 2008 5:11 AM Quote
That's so great about the bonus, Anne! good for you!!! :) Oh, and hilarious about the hotline and the dog.

It's always fun when some random person you meet knows who Travis is! I was at Starbucks recently and Mike picked up a copy of the new Coldplay album they sell there just to look at the cover artwork as I was ordering our drinks. He noticed the CD was missing inside and the girl at the counter was like, "Wow, they must have stolen it right in front of me!" And then another guy behind the counter said something about Travis. I perked up, but Mike nudged me and was like "They're not talking about the band, Niksa...they're talking about another employee." lol! I was like "Oh, I though you guys were talking about the band Travis and I got excited." To which the girl replied "OH! I LOVE TRAVIS!" And so we started talking about them for like 5 minutes until another customer came in. :D

elfy
elfy Posted Tue 15 Jul, 2008 7:31 AM Quote
There's a guy on Radio 1 in the UK called Scott Mills, who does the Flirt Divert which is along those lines. It's a number people give out when they don't want to give their own number and it goes straight to an answerphone. He then plays the best ones out on the radio.

Have a listen!

moominbadger
moominbadger Posted Tue 15 Jul, 2008 1:06 PM Quote
woooohoooo!! That's fantastic news about your bonus Anne!! Wooooooooooooop!! And I like the sound of that dog-sidecar thing, would love to have seen it!

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Tue 15 Jul, 2008 3:11 PM Quote
Yay Anne!

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 6:52 AM