Travis

Re: close encounter with TRAVIS
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Sat 28 Jun, 2008 5:34 AM Quote
In that case, if it's a solo gig, before or after the gig.
If it's as part of a festival... I don't know. It's all about luck I guess. Try to find out if they'll be in a certain tv or radio show and go there. That's what worked for me :o)

erikausagi
erikausagi Posted Sat 28 Jun, 2008 5:40 AM Quote
Somewhere Else wrote:
BenFilbert wrote:
I saw Dougie, Andy and Neil before the Nottingham gig in February. Was walking towards the venue and walked past someone familiar. I then noticed someone else familiar. I stopped, turned around and it was Dougie, Neil and Andy! They were just having a photo taken. I was SOOOO scared. I then asked Neil, "can I have a photo please?" They seemed to be in a rush so I didn't get to chat or say anything other than "thanks" but it was great to get a photo with the 3 of them. It looks like I've replaced Franny as the lead singer! HAHA!

I hope to meet my hero Fran Healy one day and hopefully get to have a few words with him and the others. :) Tuesday February 12th 2008. Great day! Meeting 3/4 of Travis, hearing all the new songs and Fran smiling at me as I sang along with Friends. :) sigh

Ahh Nottingham , what a lovely memory I have of that night. One of the best in my mind of all time.What an atmosphere . The aura of J.Smith was in the air . Incredible.

I guess I saw you... are you downstairs right?? I can't remember your face, but I saw the scene, and yep, Neil was in a rush, he was taking a flight or something like that...

I think I'd been enough lucky with Travis, I almost see them in each concert that I'd been. They're so nice, and humble, soo nice, so friendly, they're just lovely!!!

ok, I've seen them in the airport in Mexico City, in a press conference, in their hotel, also before and after gig in UK.

yuriblury
yuriblury Posted Sat 28 Jun, 2008 11:41 PM Quote
At the Airport. I remember that they were like 40-50 ppl waiting for them I 1 international exit, but they just came out from the other one so we all run.
The first 1 coming out was Fran and he was kind of shocked because all this ppl running and I thought to myself “OMG they are gonna leave, ppl pls come down, they are gonna leave!!! But none of that Happened. Despite everything they stood and THEY WERE SO NICE TO EVERYBODY. We got to take pics and hugs!

Fran’s words at the gig
“How are you doing?! Is it “come esta?” yeah? Good, so we’ve never been here before and , first of all we’d just wanna say is so amazing to be able to come here and play for you tonight, thank you, also I’d like to say thank you to the official Travis welcoming party at the airport. Thank you, that was quite scary, I have not had that before, we were standing at the airport and this one guys came up this older guy and he’s like, “ could you sign my CD?” I was like “yeah sure man” and then I head the sound like “ wuaaaaaaaahhh” and I turned around and there was like a hundred people running towards me so THANK YOU!

http://img107.mytextgraphics.com/photolava/2008/06/28/pb030032-4b07oghzf.jpeg

moominbadger
moominbadger Posted Sat 28 Jun, 2008 11:43 PM Quote
haha, great pic of Fran!!

yuriblury
yuriblury Posted Sat 28 Jun, 2008 11:45 PM Quote
moominbadger wrote:
haha, great pic of Fran!!

i know!! but he was so patient, THX FRAN you rock!

bogusblue
bogusblue Posted Sat 28 Jun, 2008 11:49 PM Quote
Haha, yeah, great pic! Fran really looks in shock heehee :oP

Tonie
Tonie Posted Sun 29 Jun, 2008 1:26 AM Quote
I was lucky enough to hop over from London to Amsterdam for the Melkweg gig last year. My tip is to get there nice and early, as they do pop in and out of the venue in the build up. Jolly "Brits abroad" conversation with Dougie at about 6.30 that evening at the Melkweg! Also, as mentioned, after the gig. In Amsterdam the venue was a few minutes walk from the hotel where we were staying, so there were no last trains to worry about- lovely post gig chat with the guys about Eurodisney!!! And quality time with some lovely boardies during the wait :)

Finally, yes it was a strange and rare thing, but they did a charity busk in some towns during the Singles tour. Lots of photo opportunities then. I got some beauties!!!

erikausagi
erikausagi Posted Sun 29 Jun, 2008 3:58 AM Quote
hahaha great pic of Fran!! I can't imagine how he felt when he saw a lot of people around him!!

galletitabonita
galletitabonita Posted Sun 29 Jun, 2008 8:31 AM Quote
funny pic! I loved fran's face ^^
he kept things under control like always!

yuriblury
yuriblury Posted Wed 02 Jul, 2008 6:04 PM Quote
I think he felt great, and loved by everybody here...we waited so long to have Travis in Chile....I remember though saying sorry to Andy because of ppl´s behaviour, everyone was crazy!!

take a look if this pic...this is funny franny!!!
I think Fran is a funny daddy...

http://img702.mytextgraphics.com/photolava/2008/07/02/1007854-fi66gt8x.jpeg

RaZzZ
RaZzZ Posted Wed 02 Jul, 2008 6:48 PM Quote
In a lot of places...
Gigs, hotels, airports.

All the travis tour is very funny!

daytimeoyster
daytimeoyster Posted Thu 03 Jul, 2008 7:56 PM Quote
it seems that outside the backstage door after the gig is the best option....
but unfortunately the venue is HUGE (really mean it)
it has like thousands (exaggerated) ways out

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Fri 04 Jul, 2008 1:26 PM Quote
daytimeoyster wrote:

If you can find where the tour bus is, that's where they will be coming out (or at least ending up)

(Unless they aren't on a bus which I guess is a possibility)

daytimeoyster
daytimeoyster Posted Sat 05 Jul, 2008 5:19 AM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
daytimeoyster wrote:

If you can find where the tour bus is, that's where they will be coming out (or at least ending up)

(Unless they aren't on a bus which I guess is a possibility)

you are right
they will travel by plane

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Sat 05 Jul, 2008 3:45 PM Quote
Airport? Hotel?

Pages Previous 1 [2] 3 Next All Times BST Current Time 12:23 AM