Travis

so, the new label is a travis own label?
jesusaremus
jesusaremus Posted Wed 25 Jun, 2008 4:59 AM Quote
jst received a mail about the Ep, in which says that the new label is their own label.
This is great!
EDIT: By the way... i this has anything to be with the artwork?
http://travis.ityzen.com/project_files/6_travis/mailout_image2008.jpg

Re: so, the new label is a travis own label?
heich
heich Posted Wed 25 Jun, 2008 6:21 AM Quote
yeah its great but i think they will still need a major label for the international distribution

maybe they will sign with EMI, even with Sony (again) so they can take care of those issues and some others

Somewhere Else
Somewhere Else Posted Wed 25 Jun, 2008 7:13 AM Quote
jesusaremus wrote:
jst received a mail about the Ep, in which says that the new label is their own label.
This is great!

Where did you find this?

melissa
melissa Posted Wed 25 Jun, 2008 7:42 AM Quote
Somewhere Else wrote:
jesusaremus wrote:
This is great!

Where did you find this?

In the message that the page sent us!
leave your e-mail in MAIL LIST, and then they send to you info about travis album or tour etc

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Wed 25 Jun, 2008 9:36 AM Quote
I got the email too. Says nothing we didn't already know. In fact, I think its exactly the same as stuff we've already read.

Ursina
Ursina Posted Wed 25 Jun, 2008 2:28 PM Quote
hmmm it doesn't say it's their ow label ?? not in the email I got

melissa
melissa Posted Wed 25 Jun, 2008 7:49 PM Quote
this is the mail

Pre-order the J. Smith EP
Travis are back with a new release on their own label, the J. Smith EP. Available in limited edition 10" vinyl and digital download formats.

The three track EP will be released on Red Telephone Box, the label on which Travis released their debut EP, All I Want To Do Is Rock, in 1996. Fran, who turned designer for their debut, has once again provided the artwork. The EP will available for download and on limited edition 10” vinyl, while stocks last.

Produced by Emery Dobyns (Antony & The Johnsons, Patti Smith, Battles), the three songs were recorded in London’s Rak Studios and mixed in New York at Electric Lady Studios. The EP kicks off with J Smith, the title track from the forthcoming album Ode To J Smith, described by Fran as a 3 minute rock opera, and enlists the talents of The Crouch End Festival Chorus to add some epic scale to Travis's rockiest outing since their debut EP All I Want To Do Is Rock. Also included are Get Up and Sarah, the latter being unavailable elsewhere.

All fans who buy from the link below will be able to purchase the 10" for £3.49 or an exclusive bundle of the 3 track digital download and a signed copy of the 10" vinyl for only £3.99. This pre-order is available now at:

http://travis.trinitystreetdirect.com

The album Ode to J Smith is now complete and scheduled for release in the autumn. Details will be announced shortly.

Travis are touring throughout the Summer playing a mix of festivals and their own headline shows, for full details please visit our Live Dates section at the site.

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Wed 25 Jun, 2008 8:24 PM Quote
Yeah but its nothing new. We knew this. Check the news from the 11th June. ;)

jesusaremus
jesusaremus Posted Wed 25 Jun, 2008 10:27 PM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
Yeah but its nothing new. We knew this. Check the news from the 11th June. ;)

yeap, but for me it's new that is their own label...oh and the picture too XD. i always enter directly to the board XD

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Wed 25 Jun, 2008 10:32 PM Quote
Yes the picture is new. :) Maybe to do with the album. :)

jesusaremus
jesusaremus Posted Wed 25 Jun, 2008 10:42 PM Quote
oohh and this too!!:
All fans who buy from the link below will be able to purchase the 10" for £3.49 or an exclusive bundle of the 3 track digital download and a signed copy of the 10" vinyl for only £3.99. This pre-order is available now at

So, i reall expect my bundle signed, there says ver specific "All fans who buy from the link"
XD just joking

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Wed 25 Jun, 2008 11:02 PM Quote
jesusaremus wrote:
oohh and this too!!:
All fans who buy from the link below will be able to purchase the 10" for £3.49 or an exclusive bundle of the 3 track digital download and a signed copy of the 10" vinyl for only £3.99. This pre-order is available now at

So, i reall expect my bundle signed, there says ver specific "All fans who buy from the link"
XD just joking

Should hopefully be receiving an email soon saying 'your order has been posted'. Can't wait! :)

jesusaremus
jesusaremus Posted Wed 25 Jun, 2008 11:08 PM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
jesusaremus wrote:
oohh and this too!!:

XD just joking

Should hopefully be receiving an email soon saying 'your order has been posted'. Can't wait! :)

exactly! but lucky you! your gonna have it the release day!, mine's gonna be a little late, but i'm kind of....desesperate to hear the studio version of Get Up, and of course the new one, Sarah

choke the chicken
choke the chicken Posted Wed 25 Jun, 2008 11:20 PM Quote
It may not say anything new, but to be fair there are probably a few hundred, if not a few thousand people who are signed up to the email mailing list but wont be members of this board. It will be news to them for sure.

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Wed 25 Jun, 2008 11:40 PM Quote
jesusaremus wrote:
BenFilbert wrote:
jesusaremus wrote:
oohh and this too!!:

XD just joking

exactly! but lucky you! your gonna have it the release day!, mine's gonna be a little late, but i'm kind of....desesperate to hear the studio version of Get Up, and of course the new one, Sarah

It'll be available from download sites like iTunes i guess. You could get Get Up and Sarah. :)

Pages [1] 2 Next All Times BST Current Time 8:42 AM