Travis

Re: New Blog
gaby
gaby Posted Sat 14 Jun, 2008 7:53 PM Quote
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window wrote:
I felt very related to the sun burn part of that blog haha. I never get a tan, and the few times I did get a tan people hardly noticed it because on me it looks like a normal white, I've got very fair skin. I get tomato red and then white again.
I hate exposing myself to the sun because these absurd things always happen to me, whether I wear sun block or not. I once got blisters on my head just for walking on the street on a sunny day.

I also felt very related to the sun burn part! The same happens to me July, and I hate when some people ask me: "why don´t you get a tan?"
"Because I am pale and I don´t have f*cking melanin!!" ... sorry but that just makes me angry. I think they ask stupid things like that because they never had blisters or never had to defoliate mum´s aloe vera...

Nikki
Nikki Posted Sat 14 Jun, 2008 8:42 PM Quote
Fran, thanks so much for the blog!! I'm so glad you're having a nice time with Clay and Nora in NYC before the new album/tour mania starts! :)

I totally have pale Polish skin from my mom. We try to stay out of the sun as much as possible. After years and years of fishing out in the sun, my dad was diagnosed with melanoma last fall. It was just a small dot on his back, but because that type of skin cancer spreads so fast-- especially to lymph nodes, he had to have a pretty big chunk of his back removed--about the size of a fist. He's fine now. He has to get a check-up every other month to make sure it doesn't come back, but it was a huge scare for our family.

the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Sat 14 Jun, 2008 8:48 PM Quote
Nah, I'm not a sun person either. I like shade :)

Luke, hope you have a great holiday!

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Sat 14 Jun, 2008 10:59 PM Quote
Had about 2 hours sleep last night and had a very busy day today. Exhausted. Just thought i'd come see if i missed anything. A BLOG!!! Typical hey! sigh

Anyway, was a lovely read. Love this sort of stuff we get but to be honest i was hoping he'd mention something on the album as i was reading it, so i had to read it again as i couldn't concentrate the first time, because i was waiting for big news! Hopefully soon! Seems like we've been waiting for ages. Been listening to these new songs from the gigs for over 4 months now!!! Haha. It's gonna be so great!

Typing to Reach You
Typing to Reach You Posted Sat 14 Jun, 2008 11:24 PM Quote
the boy with a cryptic name wrote:
Nah, I'm not a sun person either. I like shade :)

Luke, hope you have a great holiday!

Cheers. Just had a look at the temperatures here

If the max day temperatures really are what it's gonna be like, this is not gonna be fun. :/ I wonder if it's too late to make my mum and dad sell my plane ticket to someone else...

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Sat 14 Jun, 2008 11:34 PM Quote
Being dark & tan is overrated.

Trust me.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Sun 15 Jun, 2008 5:11 AM Quote
While not quite a tomato, i got a little burned reading in my backyard the other day (what a lame way to get burned!).

Let us all remember to wear sunscreen so we can listen to Travis, and play with our kids in the park and read in the backyard and go for jogs long into the future!

good to hear from Fran.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Sun 15 Jun, 2008 5:25 AM Quote
ElspethOllie wrote:
Being dark & tan is overrated.

Trust me.

LOL! :P

erikausagi
erikausagi Posted Sun 15 Jun, 2008 6:09 AM Quote
poor Fran, I hope he's getting better after sunburned...

that happend to me 2 weeks ago, I forgot sunblock and I tought if there's cloudy I wont be soo burn but...I was completely burned, red shoulders, red face, and I'm still changing of skin...

Aloe Vera is definitely a good solution Fran!!

and Welcome back to America!!!!

the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Sun 15 Jun, 2008 11:10 AM Quote
Typing to Reach You wrote:

If the max day temperatures really are what it's gonna be like, this is not gonna be fun. :/ I wonder if it's too late to make my mum and dad sell my plane ticket to someone else...

Ouch. My eyes are sweating just reading them! Even mid-twenties are a bit tropical for my liking, so good luck with that! Can't you remeber some vital engagement that you really must stay behind to go to?

rebekah
rebekah Posted Sun 15 Jun, 2008 2:12 PM Quote
yayy :)
ahh i love Frannyy

Am liking his taste in Coldplay songs!!

Typing to Reach You
Typing to Reach You Posted Sun 15 Jun, 2008 5:18 PM Quote
the boy with a cryptic name wrote:
Typing to Reach You wrote:

Ouch. My eyes are sweating just reading them! Even mid-twenties are a bit tropical for my liking, so good luck with that! Can't you remeber some vital engagement that you really must stay behind to go to?

lol I wish I could conjure up some excuse but it's not gonna work. I've been assured that it's gonna be a bit cooler where we're going, which is by the sea, than these temperature readings. Still... it's gonna be toasty. On the plus side, this holiday acts as decent enough procrastination for finding a summer job, so there are some positives.

Pages Previous 1 [2] All Times BST Current Time 2:44 AM