Travis

Re: Viva la Vida...Thoughts?
ccm36
ccm36 Posted Tue 08 Jul, 2008 2:40 PM Quote
Hey Guys, since you were talking about Coldplay I figured I'd ask for your help! My boyfriend is currently in the running to open for Coldplay in Philadelphia on July 25th. If you could help me out by voting for his video I would greatly appreciate it! Vote for the third video at www.coldplayontour.com/wmmr

minnmess
minnmess Posted Tue 08 Jul, 2008 6:19 PM Quote
the album grows on me everytime i listen to it. I guess i need to actually know the songs before i can like them.
The first of my 2 concerts on this tour is in...3 weeks and 2 days!

galletitabonita
galletitabonita Posted Tue 08 Jul, 2008 7:39 PM Quote

galletitabonita
galletitabonita Posted Tue 08 Jul, 2008 7:41 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
the album grows on me everytime i listen to it. I guess i need to actually know the songs before i can like them.
The first of my 2 concerts on this tour is in...3 weeks and 2 days!

lucky you! :)

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Tue 08 Jul, 2008 11:43 PM Quote
Listening to a Coldplay album is a bit like listening to wallpaper, only more annoying.

If you disagree with that statement, then there really is no need to read any further, since it doesn't get anymore positive.

On the other hand if you do disagree, maybe you need to be woken up. Perhaps you fell asleep around "Parachutes", or are suffering a coma brought on by "A Rush of Blood to the Head" If you actually heard "X&Y", chances are someone bought it for you. Look at them closely can you really say this person likes you ?

Which brings us to "Viva la Vida" or "The Wanky alternative Name". this newbie is everything one would expect from a Coldplay album - bland, uninspired, generic, self-important and, when you get down to it, fucking shite.

Is there a standout track? Er... Well, there are a couple of really long ones, and "Lovers in Japan" has some sub-Speingsteen Piano play... so in short, NO!

Dubz

Monica
Monica Posted Mon 14 Jul, 2008 6:49 PM Quote
Viva La Vida used for a TV advertising in Spain :)

the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Mon 14 Jul, 2008 10:25 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
Listening to a Coldplay album is a bit like listening to wallpaper, only more annoying.

etc.

Dubz

What do you have against them, OK, you don't like them, but I can't see the use in going on and on about how they're boring.

I'm slightly scared by how much I like this album. The only thing wrong with it is that Reign of Love shouldn't be on it imo. Otherwise it's brilliant. Sorry if I'm being repetitive :)

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Mon 14 Jul, 2008 10:31 PM Quote
the boy with a cryptic name wrote:
Scottish Dubliner wrote:

etc.

Dubz

What do you have against them, OK, you don't like them, but I can't see the use in going on and on about how they're boring.

I'm slightly scared by how much I like this album. The only thing wrong with it is that Reign of Love shouldn't be on it imo. Otherwise it's brilliant. Sorry if I'm being repetitive :)

that wasn't me who wrote that review, It was in an Irish magazine I just posted it here to show that someone else at least agrees with me...

Dubz

Typing to Reach You
Typing to Reach You Posted Mon 14 Jul, 2008 11:25 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:

that wasn't me who wrote that review, It was in an Irish magazine I just posted it here to show that someone else at least agrees with me...

Dubz

Well, if you look at the list of reviewish statistics here, it seems clear that its very much liked, with a 'metascore' of 72/100. And over a third of those reviews listed give it a very respectable 8 or more out of 10. The critics have spoken, Viva la Viva rocks, the end! :p

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Mon 21 Jul, 2008 6:22 PM Quote
cool review

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2008/07/21/DDNU11SAAA.DTL&type=music

Pages Previous 1...4 5 6 7 [8] All Times BST Current Time 12:53 AM