Travis

Pre-order the J. Smith EP
Travis Web Team
Travis Web Team Posted Wed 11 Jun, 2008 11:38 AM Quote
Travis are back with a new release on their own label, the J. Smith EP.

The three track EP will be released on Red Telephone Box, the label on which Travis released their debut EP, All I Want To Do Is Rock, in 1996. Fran Healy, who turned designer for their debut, has once again provided the artwork. The EP will available for download and on limited edition 10” vinyl, while stocks last.

Produced by Emery Dobyns (Antony & The Johnsons, Patti Smith, Battles), the three songs were recorded in London’s Rak Studios and mixed in New York at Electric Lady Studios. The EP kicks off with J Smith, the title track from the forthcoming album Ode To J Smith, described by Fran as a 3 minute rock opera, it enlists the talents of The Crouch End Festival Chorus to add some epic scale to Travis's rockiest outing since their debut EP All I Want To Do Is Rock. Also included are Get Up and Sarah, the latter being unavailable elsewhere.

All Travis fans who buy from the link below will be able to purchase the 10" for £3.49 or an exclusive bundle of the 3 track digital download and a signed copy of the 10" vinyl for only £3.99. This pre-order is available now at:

http://travis.trinitystreetdirect.com

Ode to J Smith is now complete and scheduled for release in the autumn. Details will be announced shortly.

Re: Pre-order the J. Smith EP
mili
mili Posted Wed 11 Jun, 2008 12:07 PM Quote
Wow… I'll have to cancel the original booking and get this instead, signed 10" and mp3! I was a bit worried about the digital side of it.

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Wed 11 Jun, 2008 12:43 PM Quote
I don't mind paying another £2.37 (79p x 3 ? LOL) from iTunes for the mp3s. But I'll be disappointed if mine aren't signed from the other place. We'll see...

Sky-Blue Puppy
Sky-Blue Puppy Posted Wed 11 Jun, 2008 1:04 PM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
I don't mind paying another £2.37 (79p x 3 ? LOL) from iTunes for the mp3s. But I'll be disappointed if mine aren't signed from the other place. We'll see...

Ah, but you can already order the mp3s as a digital single from that Trinity St store for £1.99. Well, i did anyway :)

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Wed 11 Jun, 2008 1:10 PM Quote
Sky-Blue Puppy wrote:
BenFilbert wrote:

Ah, but you can already order the mp3s as a digital single from that Trinity St store for £1.99. Well, i did anyway :)

Thanks. I'll stick to iTunes though. Only another 38p. Do you mean you can download them now, or just pre-order them now? I guess you mean order but I have to ask! Haha. :)

Sky-Blue Puppy
Sky-Blue Puppy Posted Wed 11 Jun, 2008 1:12 PM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
Thanks. I'll stick to iTunes though. Only another 38p. Do you mean you can download them now, or just pre-order them now? I guess you mean order but I have to ask! Haha. :)

Alas, only pre-order now :)

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Wed 11 Jun, 2008 1:16 PM Quote
Sky-Blue Puppy wrote:
BenFilbert wrote:

Alas, only pre-order now :)

Haha. :) The possibility that you meant now meant I had to ask.

Also, just thought. Isn't this (the fact they say the album is out in the Autumn) the only official thing we've ever heard. The band has never actually said anything apart from 'soon' and 'this year'. I'm going to stick by what I said a week or so ago, September 8th! :) (my 21st birthday. hehe)

Safe Side
Safe Side Posted Wed 11 Jun, 2008 2:28 PM Quote
oh no ive just ordered it twice now cause i need to have a signed one. Is it still limited to 1000? if anyone doesnt get one or anything ill happily sell my spare to a boardie at the normak 3.50 or whatever it was

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Wed 11 Jun, 2008 2:35 PM Quote
Safe Side wrote:
oh no ive just ordered it twice now cause i need to have a signed one. Is it still limited to 1000? if anyone doesnt get one or anything ill happily sell my spare to a boardie at the normak 3.50 or whatever it was

It will still be 1000 copies yes. Don't worry about ordering it twice. You wanted a signed one which is fair enough. :)

irenesfor
irenesfor Posted Wed 11 Jun, 2008 3:08 PM Quote
Do you think if I cancel my order they return to me the money??? I want a signed copy but I pre-ordered before...

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Wed 11 Jun, 2008 3:19 PM Quote
irenesfor wrote:
Do you think if I cancel my order they return to me the money??? I want a signed copy but I pre-ordered before...

I don't know but make sure you order before you cancel in case something goes wrong. For you, its better to have 2 than 0 right. So if people are going to start canceling orders be careful you have the other order done first! :)

irenesfor
irenesfor Posted Wed 11 Jun, 2008 3:33 PM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
irenesfor wrote:

I don't know but make sure you order before you cancel in case something goes wrong. For you, its better to have 2 than 0 right. So if people are going to start canceling orders be careful you have the other order done first! :)

I've already made my order, but I think that I'm not going to cancel the another order. Thanks! :)

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Wed 11 Jun, 2008 3:38 PM Quote
We just need to wait until it arrives now. :)

TheInvisibleBoy
TheInvisibleBoy Posted Wed 11 Jun, 2008 3:51 PM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
We just need to wait until it arrives now. :)

I've already started counting down the days until the 30th lol. Yeah I think it'd be best to not go cancelling other orders just incase, if you do end up getting two you could do what some other people have said and sell them for the same price you bought them to a genuine fan and not just someone wanting it to sell on and make a quick earner out of a genuine fan.

the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Wed 11 Jun, 2008 4:17 PM Quote
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

This is hard. Do I get a signed copy (I don't think the others are going to be signed, it seems to be only the bundles of downloads and vinyls), or stick to my recordstore which is going to be a lot less worthwhile if I cancel the vinyl... :S I don't want to hog two copies either...

Oh I can't not get a signed copy, can I? *orders*

Btw, Recordstore cancellation policy

Pages [1] 2 3 4 Next All Times BST Current Time 6:59 PM