Travis

KT Tunstall
paul_c
paul_c Posted Mon 09 Jun, 2008 11:45 PM Quote
For some reason, i always forget how much i love her until i hear her music. According to my listening trends on Last.fm, she's my third or fourth most listened to artist. Hard to believe! But she's brilliant. Anyone else a fan?

Anyone else here remember a certain boardie named AmyMac's rant about how she was "phoney" and didn't sing in a Scottish accent all those years ago? That was when KT had just come on the scene, so maybe 2003? 2004? I can't remember, but it's kinda funny that she said that- cos KT kinda paved the way for Amy's success.

It's a funny old world

Re: KT Tunstall
BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Mon 09 Jun, 2008 11:49 PM Quote
Absolutely. She's great. I enjoyed her first album but her second is even better i think. Never seen her live, would like to. I'm sure she would put on a good show.

paul_c
paul_c Posted Tue 10 Jun, 2008 1:12 AM Quote
Oh she's brilliant. Behind The Frames and possibly The Zutons, she's my favourite 'band' to go and see live.

Next time she's anywhere near you're home, you should go :) and she plays for ages as well! Last two times i've been to see her she's been onstage for over 2 hours- not many artists these days are onstage for that long

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Tue 10 Jun, 2008 1:19 AM Quote
paul_c wrote:
Oh she's brilliant. Behind The Frames and possibly The Zutons, she's my favourite 'band' to go and see live.

Next time she's anywhere near you're home, you should go :) and she plays for ages as well! Last two times i've been to see her she's been onstage for over 2 hours- not many artists these days are onstage for that long

Yes, i'd like to. I'll keep a look out. :)

Bands always leave the stage too soon. 2 hours for someone with 2 albums is amazing. Does she play some covers or something?

paul_c
paul_c Posted Tue 10 Jun, 2008 1:45 AM Quote
Considering she has 3 albums shedoesn't need to do covers to fill a set. Although the last time i saw her she covered 'I Want You Back', and the time before she covered 'Walk Like An Egyptian'- both excellent.

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Tue 10 Jun, 2008 1:59 AM Quote
paul_c wrote:
Considering she has 3 albums shedoesn't need to do covers to fill a set. Although the last time i saw her she covered 'I Want You Back', and the time before she covered 'Walk Like An Egyptian'- both excellent.

Oh yeah, that crap Acoustic Extravaganza thing. I really don't like that. Her 2 proper albums are great though.

Ursina
Ursina Posted Tue 10 Jun, 2008 8:38 AM Quote
paul_c wrote:
For some reason, i always forget how much i love her until i hear her music. According to my listening trends on Last.fm, she's my third or fourth most listened to artist. Hard to believe! But she's brilliant. Anyone else a fan?

Anyone else here remember a certain boardie named AmyMac's rant about how she was "phoney" and didn't sing in a Scottish accent all those years ago? That was when KT had just come on the scene, so maybe 2003? 2004? I can't remember, but it's kinda funny that she said that- cos KT kinda paved the way for Amy's success.

It's a funny old world

agree! the more I hear her songs the more I like her. I'm usually very critical of female singers, there aren't many I like but yep, KT is great. I really must keep an eye out for one of her gigs. As for Amy.... never liked her attitude, even years ago when she was showing off here on the board.. nuff said :)

Gladly (the cross-eyed bear)
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) Posted Tue 10 Jun, 2008 9:26 AM Quote
paul_c wrote:

It's a funny old world

Ah yes i remember that, I still wish i had saved that whole thread LOL

Helen *the original*
Helen *the original* Posted Tue 10 Jun, 2008 12:40 PM Quote
I do like KT and i've seen her live and that's just amazing but i have to say i've barely touched her newest album, i prefered it when she's more bluesy rather than rocky. Absolutely fell in love with her first album and the acoustic stuff

paul_c
paul_c Posted Tue 10 Jun, 2008 12:43 PM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
paul_c wrote:

Oh yeah, that crap Acoustic Extravaganza thing. I really don't like that. Her 2 proper albums are great though.

Oh no, i like the Acoustic album. It's good late night music. Change, Golden Age and Gone To The Dogs are all brilliant songs

paul_c
paul_c Posted Tue 10 Jun, 2008 12:44 PM Quote
Helen *the original* wrote:
I do like KT and i've seen her live and that's just amazing but i have to say i've barely touched her newest album, i prefered it when she's more bluesy rather than rocky. Absolutely fell in love with her first album and the acoustic stuff

I really like Someday Soon off her latest album. It reminds me a lot of the first two albums, so maybe that's why..

Helen *the original*
Helen *the original* Posted Tue 10 Jun, 2008 12:50 PM Quote
Yeah, i think those kinds of songs are definately her strongest. Do you like the rockier stuff? I don't find her voice as strong through them for some reason

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Tue 10 Jun, 2008 12:57 PM Quote
paul_c wrote:
BenFilbert wrote:
paul_c wrote:

Oh no, i like the Acoustic album. It's good late night music. Change, Golden Age and Gone To The Dogs are all brilliant songs

Yeah, to be fair, maybe I've not given it much of a chance. I'll give it a listen soon. I do really like the albums.

And I have to say, I prefer her more upbeat 'rocky' songs so that's why I enjoy her second more than her first. I also think I'm in the minority. I think generally, people were slightly disappointed with the album. I was delighted! :)

Typing to Reach You
Typing to Reach You Posted Tue 10 Jun, 2008 1:33 PM Quote
Yep, she's a talented songwriter with a great voice. Really enjoyed seeing her live (posted about it on the board, here). I don't have the acoustic extravaganza album, but I like the other two probably equally - depends on the mood I'm in.

rubbersoul
rubbersoul Posted Tue 10 Jun, 2008 2:51 PM Quote
I do like her music. Though I don't kwow well
I'm listening to 'Under the weather' :D

Pages [1] 2 Next All Times BST Current Time 6:34 AM