Travis

ive heard coldplays new album
Craig
Craig Posted Thu 05 Jun, 2008 10:24 PM Quote
ive heard 42, cemetaries of london, strawberry swing, reign of love/lovers in japan, yes

i have to say this album is guna be a big hit for coldplay cant wait to get my hands on the high quality version next thursday

Re: ive heard coldplays new album
Darran
Darran Posted Thu 05 Jun, 2008 10:40 PM Quote
Aye, just heard it myself.

Basic and pretty uninspiring blandness at first listen.

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Fri 06 Jun, 2008 12:50 AM Quote
Not heard it myself but read many comments from people who have and the general view is that it is very, very, very good. :)

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Fri 06 Jun, 2008 12:51 AM Quote
Darran wrote:
Aye, just heard it myself.

Basic and pretty uninspiring blandness at first listen.

Are you a Coldplay fan?

Darran
Darran Posted Fri 06 Jun, 2008 10:05 AM Quote
I don't love them, I don't hate them, I have all their albums so far.

"42" Progresses nicely after a slow start
"Lost" is so so but i prefer the acoustic version

It's a very easy album to listen too, nothing out of the ordinary and played very safe, but if safe works it brings sales and thats what matters.

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Fri 06 Jun, 2008 12:44 PM Quote
Darran wrote:

It's a very easy album to listen too, nothing out of the ordinary and played very safe, but if safe works it brings sales and thats what matters.

Fair enough. I was going to say that if you were one of the haters I wouldn't really take what you said seriously but it's interesting to have a different view. :)

Moray
Moray Posted Fri 06 Jun, 2008 12:55 PM Quote
Darran wrote:

Evolution not revolution. As Alan Partridge says "I want to evolve not...... revolve".

I expected more too. I imagine I'll really enjoy listening to it, and the melodies will still be excellent. But I don't think it is the big sonic step forward I had thought they might try after 3 years out the game. It doesn't sound too far removed from X&Y and many songs would slip in to the album.

Still sounds good though, don't get me wrong. You just feel they held back a little.

Peewee
Peewee Posted Fri 06 Jun, 2008 3:42 PM Quote
The new song of their that is on the tv (with some ad or whatever) is amazing! I had got really bored with Coldplay but now after all this chat I am curious as to what the new album will sound like. Thinking of digging out their cd's for a listen, it's been a while after all.

Darran
Darran Posted Fri 06 Jun, 2008 4:21 PM Quote
Viva La Vida.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-S-Q00kGic

It's probably on of the most Coldplayish radio friendly songs yet, can see it doing well.

deebee
deebee Posted Fri 06 Jun, 2008 5:34 PM Quote
Peewee wrote:
The new song of their that is on the tv (with some ad or whatever) is amazing! I had got really bored with Coldplay but now after all this chat I am curious as to what the new album will sound like. Thinking of digging out their cd's for a listen, it's been a while after all.

SNAP! I got fed up of the slow drone! BUT Violet Hill has woken my curiosity and I listened to X and Y for the first time in ages. I'm even thinking about seeing them live if this album's any good.

Craig
Craig Posted Fri 06 Jun, 2008 6:59 PM Quote
if anyones intrested i can send you the songs i have over msn my addy is craig-williams@hotmail.co.uk

Darran
Darran Posted Fri 06 Jun, 2008 7:09 PM Quote
At 128kps it's a horrible rip, I wouldn't ruin it for folks looking forward to the real thing.

haz
haz Posted Fri 06 Jun, 2008 8:19 PM Quote

i think the iPod track is very, very catchy. i wasn't too thrilled with the album title at first but it's grown on me like the cover of the album. pre-ordered on iTunes, waiting patiently. i 'stole' the acoustic version of 'Lost', cracking song it be.

Monica
Monica Posted Fri 06 Jun, 2008 8:24 PM Quote
I can't cause I live in Spain, but in their http://www.myspace.com/coldplay you can hear the full album ;)

rebekah
rebekah Posted Fri 06 Jun, 2008 9:00 PM Quote
YAAAYYY!!
Am about to listen just now..i have heard sooo many reviews and i can't wait to have my own opinion :D
i LOVE Coldplay with a big fat passion :D

yaaayyy :)
Ahhh Chris Martin ;)

Pages [1] 2 Next All Times BST Current Time 7:44 AM