Travis

Re: FAO Spanish boardies
AbsolutPurple
AbsolutPurple Posted Thu 05 Jun, 2008 1:03 PM Quote
yulen10 wrote:
AbsolutPurple wrote:
I want to be an expert in mojitos when i'm back

Ask for "La Villa Olímpica" or Maremagnum. Typical zone where tourists go.
You´ve got a posher zone in Marià Cubí or Balmes (Foreign people who live in Barcelona usually go there too).
In the zone of "Barrio gótico" you can drink "beer" & "sangría" (In Las Ramblas too...)
A really beautiful bar to have coffee or drinks (don´t know mojitos) is El Bosc de les Fades (is next to the Wax Museum), near the sea (Colon Monument). Look at the picture:

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1342/716871411_9e56e7acf6_m.jpg

There are lots of places.

Gracias ! I don't want to go to tourists cafés...i want to mingle with the locals.

Chiito-chan
Chiito-chan Posted Thu 05 Jun, 2008 1:34 PM Quote
Monica wrote:
You MUST eat pan con tumaca (bread, tomato, cured ham and olive oil).

http://www.arteyfotografia.com.ar/contenido/objetos/mini_500/1219_1189029667483359.jpg

Monica: TOMAQUET, no tumaca

aBSY YOU have must to see Sagrada Familia, Parc Güell and Av. Meridiana. I live in Barcelona, beautiful city.

yulen10
yulen10 Posted Thu 05 Jun, 2008 1:34 PM Quote
AbsolutPurple wrote:
yulen10 wrote:
AbsolutPurple wrote:
I want to be an expert in mojitos when i'm back

Ask for "La Villa Olímpica" or Maremagnum. Typical zone where tourists go.
You´ve got a posher zone in Marià Cubí or Balmes (Foreign people who live in Barcelona usually go there too).
In the zone of "Barrio gótico" you can drink "beer" & "sangría" (In Las Ramblas too...)
A really beautiful bar to have coffee or drinks (don´t know mojitos) is El Bosc de les Fades (is next to the Wax Museum), near the sea (Colon Monument). Look at the picture:

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1342/716871411_9e56e7acf6_m.jpg

There are lots of places.

Gracias ! I don't want to go to tourists cafés...i want to mingle with the locals.

I´d say that Barcelona is so cosmopolitan that you don´t ever realize who´s tourist or who´s from there. Most young people can speak english without problems. You´ll love the city & people. :)

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Thu 05 Jun, 2008 1:49 PM Quote
And when it comes time to find a bathroom, you'll have no problem because the words for "pee-pee" and "poo-poo" are the same in French and Spanish! Rachel was a little disappointed to find that out. When you are 6, you want to be able to know as many different potty words as possible. I wonder what they are in Italian....

irenesfor
irenesfor Posted Thu 05 Jun, 2008 2:41 PM Quote
Monica wrote:
You MUST eat pan con tumaca (bread, tomato, cured ham and olive oil).

http://www.arteyfotografia.com.ar/contenido/objetos/mini_500/1219_1189029667483359.jpg

Mmmmmm.... :P I like it....

Peewee
Peewee Posted Thu 05 Jun, 2008 3:25 PM Quote

Monica: TOMAQUET, no tumaca

aBSY YOU have must to see Sagrada Familia, Parc Güell and Av. Meridiana. I live in Barcelona, beautiful city. [/quote]

Yeah I've been and has to be my favourite city ever. I totally fell in love with that place. I seen these places too, definitely recommend the Parc!!! Stunning.

Best thing to do is just wander about the streets and you will find gorgeous bars and cafes. Love the old town!

pixiedixie
pixiedixie Posted Thu 05 Jun, 2008 3:42 PM Quote
The Cathedral and the Barrio Gotico...

The Parque Guell is pretty cool

Don´t go without visiting the fabulous modernist houses:Casa Batlló, La Pedrera, etc...

And eat lots of PAN TUMACA! YUMMMY

yulen10
yulen10 Posted Thu 05 Jun, 2008 3:58 PM Quote
pixiedixie wrote:

Don´t go without visiting the fabulous modernist houses:Casa Batlló, La Pedrera, etc...

Yes, Casa Batlló & Pedrera are in PASSEIG DE GRACIA. If you´re fit enough... You should walk from these 2 beautiful houses to the sea (Colon Monument) crossing through Plaça Catalunya & walking by LAS RAMBLAS.

I have to say that Av. Meridiana is not an important street (with all my respects). Maybe Chiito-Chan lives there :)

Chiito-chan
Chiito-chan Posted Thu 05 Jun, 2008 4:22 PM Quote
yulen10 wrote:
pixiedixie wrote:

Yes, Casa Batlló & Pedrera are in PASSEIG DE GRACIA. If you´re fit enough... You should walk from these 2 beautiful houses to the sea (Colon Monument) crossing through Plaça Catalunya & walking by LAS RAMBLAS.

I have to say that Av. Meridiana is not an important street (with all my respects). Maybe Chiito-Chan lives there :)

av meridiana is not an important street, i said it because i live there :)

yulen10
yulen10 Posted Thu 05 Jun, 2008 4:27 PM Quote
[quote="Chiito-chan"] [quote="yulen10"]

Oh, excuse me.. & it´s important (long & wide). I refered it wasn´t important if you do tourism. Un abrazo

Chiito-chan
Chiito-chan Posted Thu 05 Jun, 2008 4:39 PM Quote
yulen10 wrote:
[quote="Chiito-chan"] [quote="yulen10"]

Oh, excuse me.. & it´s important (long & wide). I refered it wasn´t important if you do tourism. Un abrazo

is nice at night

Monica
Monica Posted Thu 05 Jun, 2008 4:50 PM Quote
AbsolutPurple wrote:
Do ppl in Barcelona actually work ? Because Monica says that in Madrid all they do is the siesta and sing, dance "olé olé" in the streets.
LOL

xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
Madrileños do that. That's the reason why we're happy people! :p

Chiito-chan wrote:
Monica: TOMAQUET, no tumaca.

Sorry :$

Chiito-chan
Chiito-chan Posted Thu 05 Jun, 2008 4:56 PM Quote
Monica wrote:

Chiito-chan wrote:
Monica: TOMAQUET, no tumaca.

Sorry :$

tranquila, queda mejor tumaca XD, desde ahora lo escribiré así.

Monica
Monica Posted Thu 05 Jun, 2008 4:58 PM Quote
Hahahahaha.
I googled: "pan con tumaca" and that was one of the pictures. That's why I thought the word was "tumaca" instead of "tomaquet" xDDD

AbsolutPurple
AbsolutPurple Posted Thu 05 Jun, 2008 9:05 PM Quote
I'll test my ability to say "por que not te callas ?" whenever it's appropriate (or not !).

Pages Previous 1 [2] All Times BST Current Time 12:14 AM