Travis

Re: FAO Boardie Biscuit/Cookie Exchange Partiicpants
carlottarocks
carlottarocks Posted Fri 11 Jul, 2008 6:38 AM Quote
I got me cookies today, mmmmmm! I now know what all the jaffa cake fuss is about, friggin delicious. I look forward to gaining a few pounds this weekend. Many thanks to Tracey!!!

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Fri 11 Jul, 2008 3:50 PM Quote
carlottarocks wrote:
I got me cookies today, mmmmmm! I now know what all the jaffa cake fuss is about, friggin delicious. I look forward to gaining a few pounds this weekend. Many thanks to Tracey!!!

Glad you got them Carla. FYI you can get Jaffa Cakes at World Market stores. So you can get another fix once you run out.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Fri 11 Jul, 2008 4:37 PM Quote
Does everyone have their cookies now? (or they are atleast at the post office waiting for pick up??)

Oh no, cookie/biscuit exchange nearly over!
I guess it's time that we look forward to our next exchange. I know candy was brought up as a possibility. Im sure everyone would like a little exchange downtime, but i can volunteer to organzie the next one whenever we are all ready.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Fri 11 Jul, 2008 6:58 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
Does everyone have their cookies now? (or they are atleast at the post office waiting for pick up??)

I guess it's time that we look forward to our next exchange. I know candy was brought up as a possibility. Im sure everyone would like a little exchange downtime, but i can volunteer to organzie the next one whenever we are all ready.

I'm up for it. It seems like with having a sign-up time and then setting it up would be enough down time. I'd love to do candy but since it's close to 100 degrees almost every day here that just doesn't seem to be the best option.

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Fri 11 Jul, 2008 7:02 PM Quote
it gets hawt in TRAVIS county ?

Nikki
Nikki Posted Fri 11 Jul, 2008 7:18 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
minnmess wrote:

I'm up for it. It seems like with having a sign-up time and then setting it up would be enough down time. I'd love to do candy but since it's close to 100 degrees almost every day here that just doesn't seem to be the best option.

Maybe we should wait a few months until it starts to cool off in North America and Europe and hopefully it won't be that hot yet in other parts of the world. :)

I already know what kind of chocolate I'm sending!

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Fri 11 Jul, 2008 7:26 PM Quote
Nikki wrote:
weirdmom wrote:
minnmess wrote:

Maybe we should wait a few months until it starts to cool off in North America and Europe and hopefully it won't be that hot yet in other parts of the world. :)

I already know what kind of chocolate I'm sending!

Yes, I think October or November would be better. The packages will be sitting around in hot trucks. We don't want to be sending chocolate goop all over the world! In the meantime, we can continue sampling our domestic candy to help us decide what to send.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Fri 11 Jul, 2008 9:27 PM Quote
It'd be funny to do a cereal exchange. And it's fairly weather proof.

Darran
Darran Posted Fri 11 Jul, 2008 9:29 PM Quote
Alcohol exchange!

I'll have some Moosehead Beer please you Canadians.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Fri 11 Jul, 2008 9:38 PM Quote
I've been wanting to bring this up for a while. I go out of my way to avoid artificial colors in food. They are in EVERYTHING here, it's crazy. Even white frosting, you'd think it was just white, but no. Chocolate pudding--full of artificial colors. Anyway, I hear in the UK and elsewhere they use waaaay fewer artificial colors in food. When I bought a pack of Big Red gum in Germany I was surprised to find it was not red, but white! They said when they introduced Skittles and Starburst over there, they had to reformulate them and use natural colorings, but they kept the same ol' artificial stuff here. Drives me crazy! Made me think when Anne mentioned cereal. Are other countries "kid" cereals made with natural colors or are they just normal cereal color, or what?

Darran
Darran Posted Fri 11 Jul, 2008 9:41 PM Quote
Going on about artificial colourings and flavours the thing is so many things here that used to taste awesome now taste like crap with things being removed.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Fri 11 Jul, 2008 9:48 PM Quote
Darran wrote:
Going on about artificial colourings and flavours the thing is so many things here that used to taste awesome now taste like crap with things being removed.

Well, it will be different, but you have to get used to it. Like when we switched from what we thought was maple syrup (which hardly had any syrup in it at all) to REAL maple syrup, at first I thought it tasted like medicine. But now I prefer the real stuff and the artificial stuff tastes weird. Same thing when we switched from Velveeta to real cheese. The kids prefer the real cheese now.
At Easter, Jelly Belly had a new kind of jelly bean out with no artificial color or flavor and they were AWESOME! I liked them so much I wrote the company and they sent me back the craziest funny letter. (I was hoping for free samples, but no.) I've even found all-natural candies that are just like M&M's, but the colors are only red, orange, yellow and brown; but who cares?

minnmess
minnmess Posted Fri 11 Jul, 2008 10:22 PM Quote
Darran wrote:
Alcohol exchange!

mmm, moosehead is delightful. What do i get in return?

And i was thinking more along the lines of actual candy, like Skittles, Sour Patch Kids, Fun Dip, that kinda thing, that are full of Turtleneck's fav artificial colour, rather than chocolate bars (i think some of the confusion comes from the fact that we call the chocolate bars, Americans call them candy bars, and i dont know what the rest of the world calls them.)

And i had an idea while i was out today. Seeing as the olympics are next month, there is olympic stuff everywhere: flags, hats, clothing, etc. We could all send something like that, with our countries flag or name on it (even if it isnt actually olympic stuff bc i know that can be expensive). Just an idea...

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Fri 11 Jul, 2008 11:22 PM Quote
Darran wrote:
Alcohol exchange!

dear Spain , give me your ice cold cervezzas

dee
dee Posted Fri 11 Jul, 2008 11:35 PM Quote
Darran wrote:

even with the blue smartie back they are no way near as good as they used to be

Pages Previous 1...17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 Next All Times BST Current Time 6:12 AM