Travis

Re: New Sigur Ros video...not for U18s!!
mili
mili Posted Fri 30 May, 2008 6:13 PM Quote
moominbadger wrote:
er, maybe it's just us English, we can't cope with too much naked flesh!!

That must be it! My English husband said, when I described the video, that he doesn't think I should show it to our kids (10 and 12). Actually, I agree, especially with the 12-year-old girl in mind. She doesn't even let me in the dressing room when we're shopping for her clothes. Funnily enough, she's not too worried of seeing me getting dressed, I suppose an "old" woman doesn't count :^/

Monica
Monica Posted Fri 30 May, 2008 6:51 PM Quote
mili wrote:
Monica wrote:
xDD
Maybe you're right Laura. When I watched the video I thought: what?? where's the "problem"? :p
A few years ago a Spanish singer made this video and nobody surprised.

No wonder they beat him up. Don't understand the lyrics, though.

Lyrics don't say anything about fighting; they're about how everyone feels when they're on their own ;)

Edel
Edel Posted Fri 30 May, 2008 7:10 PM Quote
Thats the most innocent video Ive seen in a long time. Nothing kids havent seen before and they'll just think ewww if anything at all

Nikki
Nikki Posted Fri 30 May, 2008 7:35 PM Quote
mili wrote:

Give me naked hippies any day instead of those horrid sexist and/or violent R&B and rap videos on MTV. I'm sure they cause more damage to youngsters' brains than that Sigur Rós video would. Still, it's probably a good idea to give it a U18 rating, so that the kiddos don't get too embarrassed.

Well said, Mili. :)

mozman68
mozman68 Posted Sat 31 May, 2008 2:17 AM Quote
Monica wrote:
xDD
Maybe you're right Laura. When I watched the video I thought: what?? where's the "problem"? :p
A few years ago a Spanish singer made this video and nobody surprised.

hmmmmmm....hot chicks making out...having sex....boxing....

so WHY would anyone complain??

We're talking about naked smelly hippies with penis flopping around....ewwwwww again....damn hippies....

http://z.about.com/d/animatedtv/1/0/N/T/sp902_Die_Hippy_Die.jpg

Peewee
Peewee Posted Mon 02 Jun, 2008 10:18 PM Quote
I LOVE LOVE LOVE Sigur Ros!!!!

Ok the vid a little bizarre but hey it made us all watch! lol Sigur Ros have to be my most FAV band ever! :)

Darran
Darran Posted Fri 27 Jun, 2008 11:01 PM Quote
Check This out tomorrow.

Björk and Sigur Rós Team Up For Náttúra Concert
Icelandic Show To Be Webcast Live On Nat Geo Music
by Tom Pryor

WATCH WEBCAST HERE: http://stream.qtv.apple.com/events/jun/iceland/nattura_concert_natgeomusic.qtl

On June 28th, 2008 Icelandic superstars Björk and Sigur Rós (pictured) will team up to perform a free concert in their hometown of Reykjavik. The Náttúra concert is a bid to raise awareness of the destruction of Iceland's natural landscape, and will be webcast live from from 7pm to 12pm GMT

heyjude
heyjude Posted Fri 27 Jun, 2008 11:08 PM Quote
mozman68 wrote:
goosey_84 wrote:
never been able to get into sigur ros...i know everyone tells me how brilliant they are but i'm just not diggin' them.

Me neither...but then again, it might have something to do with all of the penis shown in the video....

i couldn't get into them either... too bad cos they have a gig here in berkeley, california in october.

Pages Previous 1 [2] All Times BST Current Time 5:07 AM