Travis

Re: Fran and Andy - Live Show
BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Mon 02 Jun, 2008 6:00 PM Quote
Yeah maybe August. You say they seem keen to play live shows- they are! I think that's why September is most likely, but there are some gaps during August. I think July is too busy for the album release. The ideal release would be just after they play V Festival. "Here's our single from our new album which is out next week so go buy it." You know what I mean? Hopefully increase those first week sales. But it is also important to promote the first single (which like I've said before will probably be Song To Self, should be anyway) So they can promote and release that early August, do V Festival and then release the album.

damon
damon Posted Mon 02 Jun, 2008 6:27 PM Quote
is there a video ??
There's only frans pics...

the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Mon 02 Jun, 2008 6:36 PM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
"Here's our single from our new album which is out next week so go buy it." You know what I mean?

I'd quite like "Here's our new single which is out this week, so you can download it whenever you like!" I think some people wouldn't have the same desire to be it a week later when they're back at work and normal life carries on. Either way, it's not that far off.

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Mon 02 Jun, 2008 6:44 PM Quote
the boy with a cryptic name wrote:
BenFilbert wrote:
"Here's our single from our new album which is out next week so go buy it." You know what I mean?

I'd quite like "Here's our new single which is out this week, so you can download it whenever you like!" I think some people wouldn't have the same desire to be it a week later when they're back at work and normal life carries on. Either way, it's not that far off.

If they did what I said, the single would already be out, it would already have (hopefully) charted and they'd have promoted it. (Jools Holland, Jonathan Woss etc) And people don't forget about something a couple of days later, especially if they see the album advertised on the TV the following week. 'oh yeah, they were good at V Festival, and I like that song. I'll get that album.'

Its not rocket science, its very simple. But its what they didn't do last year with The Boy.

ynos
ynos Posted Tue 03 Jun, 2008 8:56 AM Quote
For me the expectation is also a great thing! It's like the time you fell in love: The first dates, the first kisses, hugs etc.

That's what comes in the next weeks or month - isn't that joy?

:-)

@damon: There was a guy next to me filming with a Digicam - but i've seen nothing on youtube or whatever...

:-(

the boy with a cryptic name Posted Tue 03 Jun, 2008 10:11 AM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:

Lol, it looks like I didn't know what you meant, but now I understand I agree completely :) That sounds like a plan to me, now all we need to do is tell the band!

metarie
metarie Posted Tue 03 Jun, 2008 2:11 PM Quote
damon wrote:

Where where where?? I've had a snoop round but couldn't find these...

If anyone else has any, please share. Love to see some snaps!

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Tue 03 Jun, 2008 2:23 PM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:

Lol, it looks like I didn't know what you meant, but now I understand I agree completely :) That sounds like a plan to me, now all we need to do is tell the band!

Are you being sarcastic?! Haha. It's not genius. Or maybe it is, should I go on The Apprentice next year?! Hehe. "Ben, you're hired." :) Seriously though, its very simple. They're not like Duffy. She just needs to show up somewhere and she's sold another 30,000 copies of the album (great album though it is). Isn't going to be so easy for Travis. They need to get the ball rolling and that first month or so is crucial.

the boy with a cryptic name Posted Tue 03 Jun, 2008 2:33 PM Quote
metarie wrote:
damon wrote:

Where where where?? I've had a snoop round but couldn't find these...

If anyone else has any, please share. Love to see some snaps!

As in the pictures of Fran linked to on the second page. Here in fact :)

metarie
metarie Posted Tue 03 Jun, 2008 2:52 PM Quote
As in the pictures of Fran linked to on the second page. Here in fact :)

Ah muchos gracias. I see now... Well, I'll check back later for more. I've yet to sift through mine, but if I turn up anything remotely interesting in I'll be sure to post em. Thanks again :)

milos
milos Posted Tue 03 Jun, 2008 6:38 PM Quote
Song To Self is up on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_IHHBgBtBI

I think Fran mentions "a surprise" for next month!

milos
milos Posted Tue 03 Jun, 2008 6:43 PM Quote
The link doesn't work. I don't know why. Just type "Fran and Andy live at lido" and you'll find it.

Edit: It works now. :-)

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Tue 03 Jun, 2008 7:15 PM Quote
Cool. Thanks a lot. My fave of the new songs! :) It's awesome! :)

And he says keep a look out on the website next month! And he said that on May 31st! Haha. So THIS month then right?! :) Wonder what it is?!

the boy with a cryptic name Posted Tue 03 Jun, 2008 7:23 PM Quote
Surprises on the website?! Next/this month?!

Must not listen to Song To Self too much. Must not listen too much. Must not listen too much. Must keep repeating this. Must not listen too much. Must not succumb to temptation. Must not spoil the surprise. Must not... well maybe just once...

*some time later*

Damn. Now I've spoilt the surprise of another song! And the fact they started again doesn't exactly help! It sounds so good though! :D :( :S

;)

milos
milos Posted Tue 03 Jun, 2008 7:27 PM Quote
Hmm. Maybe a release date? Although i wouldn't call that "a surprise" really! Perhaps they'll let us download one of the songs? (like Coldplay did with Violet HIll) I can't wait!

Pages Previous 1 2 [3] 4 Next All Times BST Current Time 9:14 AM