Travis

Re: Fran and Andy - Live Show
brenda_94_56
brenda_94_56 Posted Sat 31 May, 2008 2:53 AM Quote
oh thats so cool new stuff !!!!!!!!!!!!
well its sad that i cant be there !!!!!!!! im in the other side of the world :´(

RaZzZ
RaZzZ Posted Sat 31 May, 2008 6:39 PM Quote
Arrrrggggg!!! At Berlin!!!!
Well, i prefer that they played in a couple at the moment.

What about a German Travis gig? I hope it for the next travis tour

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Sun 01 Jun, 2008 12:59 PM Quote
What happened? Anyone have any information? :)

Trixi
Trixi Posted Sun 01 Jun, 2008 3:07 PM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
What happened? Anyone have any information? :)

it was absolutely GREAT and unique!!!! We're still smiling from one ear to the other. I'm gonna write a little review + upload photos when I'm back home in a couple of days.

P.s. to TWT...could you please add this show the the Tour archive (even though it was "only" a half-of-Travis show)?

P.p.s. to Fran and Andy...Thank You!!! :)

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Sun 01 Jun, 2008 3:45 PM Quote
Great. Look forward to it. Glad you had a nice time. (I wonder if any new songs were played.) :)

ynos
ynos Posted Mon 02 Jun, 2008 8:16 AM Quote
Hi friends!

It was such a wonderful gig on saturday - i can't believe to be there!
Fran and Andy rocked the house. We had the best position in front of the stage, enough space to dance, sing, cry!

I found a few photos here:
http://forum.rollingstone.de/showthread.php?t=31314&page=9

I think they started at half past ten and it ends nearly 2 h later!
the songs (incomplete!): sing, side, selfish jean, lola (the kinks one!), pipe dreams, coming around, quciksand, turn, all i wanna do is rock - and of course "song for self" from the new album. Much more of course i can't remeber yet...

After this amazing show we had the chance to talk to Andy and Fran, because they joined the party. Fran said he is happy in Berlin (i figured out he is my "neighbour" - 2 streets from mine - and he shaked my hand and said "hello neighbour" :-) ).

The new album is finished and i think the release is quite near...

i got a bit drunk after that and realized only strange people walked around like evil jared from the bloodhound gang and bela b from "Die Ärzte".

Around 3 i left the party and saw Fran and Andy in a Taxi. Now i think Berlin is the best to be in the moment. Cool people, cool parties!

that's it for the moment! If you have question about the night please ask!

Sorry if i do mistakes on englisch gramma - i am german ;-)

Esteban
Esteban Posted Mon 02 Jun, 2008 9:31 AM Quote
ynos wrote:
englisch gramma - i am german ;-)

Mein deutsch ist ziemlich mist, aber diesen worter konnte bedeuten das sie eine Englische oma haben. Lol.

ynos
ynos Posted Mon 02 Jun, 2008 9:51 AM Quote
ich kaufe ein "r"

grammar...?

*lol*

Esteban
Esteban Posted Mon 02 Jun, 2008 9:52 AM Quote
ynos wrote:
ich kaufe ein "r"

grammar...?

*lol*

Lol. In ordnung =P

lilly
lilly Posted Mon 02 Jun, 2008 1:50 PM Quote
aaaaaw, I wish I'd been there :'(
but I had to attend a weekend seminar at my uni...(at least, our trainer spoke in a Scottish accent sometimes. though she didn't sing) ;)

Berlin really seems to become the place to be.

which gets a bit to my bavarian nerves, haha ;D
no, I mean, I understand Berlin-lovers... not everyone has the ability to appreciate the beauty of Munich ;D

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Mon 02 Jun, 2008 2:13 PM Quote
Cool. Thanks. They played some good stuff then! :) Lola was played in the February gigs and they do a great job with it so hopefully it'll be a b side! There was enough people on this board asking Dougie for it sooo... Was 'Song To Self' the only new one played? Its a great song isn't it!? :)

When you say the new album is near... Is that what they said? Or is that what they told you to tell us and they actually told you more? Haha.

Sounds like a great gig! Coming Around, Quicksand, Pipe Dreams! :)

ynos
ynos Posted Mon 02 Jun, 2008 3:46 PM Quote
*gg*

No, thats what they really told us with eyes full of questions and mysteries ;-)

I think the release is near!

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Mon 02 Jun, 2008 3:52 PM Quote
Mmm, without being there myself I don't know the situation. I still think September, after the festivals. Would like it sooner but it looks to be that way.

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Mon 02 Jun, 2008 4:53 PM Quote
ynos wrote:
Hi friends!

It was such a wonderful gig on saturday - i can't believe to be there!
Fran and Andy rocked the house. We had the best position in front of the stage, enough space to dance, sing, cry!

I found a few photos here:
http://forum.rollingstone.de/showthread.php?t=31314&page=9

I think they started at half past ten and it ends nearly 2 h later!
the songs (incomplete!): sing, side, selfish jean, lola (the kinks one!), pipe dreams, coming around, quciksand, turn, all i wanna do is rock - and of course "song for self" from the new album. Much more of course i can't remeber yet...

After this amazing show we had the chance to talk to Andy and Fran, because they joined the party. Fran said he is happy in Berlin (i figured out he is my "neighbour" - 2 streets from mine - and he shaked my hand and said "hello neighbour" :-) ).

The new album is finished and i think the release is quite near...

i got a bit drunk after that and realized only strange people walked around like evil jared from the bloodhound gang and bela b from "Die Ärzte".

Around 3 i left the party and saw Fran and Andy in a Taxi. Now i think Berlin is the best to be in the moment. Cool people, cool parties!

that's it for the moment! If you have question about the night please ask!

Sorry if i do mistakes on englisch gramma - i am german ;-)

Thanks a lot for sharing this with us!! Sounds like a great night! :o)

the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Mon 02 Jun, 2008 5:15 PM Quote
ynos wrote:

No, thats what they really told us with eyes full of questions and mysteries ;-)

I think the release is near!

Hopefully their idea of soon is the sam as ours (well, nearly... my idea of soon is next week :P). They seem pretty keen to play live shows, so I reckon sometime in August isn't unrealistic.

Pages Previous 1 [2] 3 4 Next All Times BST Current Time 6:15 AM