Travis

New Amsterdam
Hanne
Hanne Posted Mon 26 May, 2008 8:17 PM Quote
Not referring to the song, but the show :o)

Is anyone watching this show? I'm currently watching the first episode, mostly out of curiousity since the John Amsterdam is played by a Danish actor.

It seems quite promising so far, except I have to get use to this guy speaking American lol

Re: New Amsterdam
Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Mon 26 May, 2008 8:24 PM Quote
I've never watched it, but I recently read it was canceled for next season.

ashleyb
ashleyb Posted Mon 26 May, 2008 8:24 PM Quote
I liked the show a lot at first, but after the first couple of episodes, the novelty wore off and I started to get bored with it. But the main man is nice to look at- are all Danish men that attractive? :)

Hanne
Hanne Posted Mon 26 May, 2008 8:27 PM Quote
LOL no not all Danish men are that attractive. I think the attractive/non-attractive ratio is probably pretty much like in the US ;o)

I didn't know it already got cancelled again. I suppose it's not really that much of a new idea. I'm not even sure I would've watched if it wasn't for Nicolai Coster-Waldau.

ashleyb
ashleyb Posted Mon 26 May, 2008 8:29 PM Quote
Haha, and here I was about to up and move over there!

Hanne
Hanne Posted Mon 26 May, 2008 8:32 PM Quote
Oh but you're very welcome to come over and see for yourself!

ashleyb
ashleyb Posted Mon 26 May, 2008 8:41 PM Quote
Yes, well then, I think a little vacation is in order to... eh... verify the information you've given me

Hanne
Hanne Posted Mon 26 May, 2008 8:44 PM Quote
You know, you should never just believe what people are telling you. What if I was lying and they all look like him?

teehee

ashleyb
ashleyb Posted Mon 26 May, 2008 8:50 PM Quote
Exactly. With all the dishonesty in the world today, there's no way I can just accept what you've told me. That would be foolish. I must find out for myself.

Hanne
Hanne Posted Mon 26 May, 2008 8:53 PM Quote
The only challenge now is to find the financial means. Maybe you can ask your bank for a loan. A research loan :o)

ashleyb
ashleyb Posted Mon 26 May, 2008 8:58 PM Quote
I might even be able to get the university to fund my research, despite its current financial difficulties. This is, after all, of the utmost academic importance.

Hanne
Hanne Posted Mon 26 May, 2008 9:01 PM Quote
Just to give you some more material; the villain in the last Bond film was also Danish

Mads Mikkelsen

ashleyb
ashleyb Posted Mon 26 May, 2008 9:07 PM Quote
You know, the more evidence you provide, the more I disbelieve your previous statement. My resolve to ascertain the truth is growing stronger by the minute.

Hanne
Hanne Posted Mon 26 May, 2008 9:11 PM Quote
This guy is unfortunately also Danish. A nationalistic and extremely unsympathetic bastard, if you ask me.

http://images.wikia.com/da.uncyclopedia/images/0/0e/Mogens.jpg

ashleyb
ashleyb Posted Mon 26 May, 2008 9:16 PM Quote
oh, now that's unkind. Did you have to throw him in there? I preferred our previous area of discussion...

Pages [1] 2 Next All Times BST Current Time 9:47 PM