Travis

languid about my specialty ;(
goodtoseeu
goodtoseeu Posted Mon 26 May, 2008 2:27 PM Quote
I'm a medicine major.
When admission to a college, I fluttered with new hope and it was interesting everyday.

But, now so bored, no fluttering :(
trouble trouble !!
What do you think about my problems??

Re: languid about my specialty ;(
weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Mon 26 May, 2008 4:15 PM Quote
I don't think anyone loves their major all the time. And you can get burnt out. If it lasts a long time maybe you need to switch but if it's an up and down feeling, I'd say that is normal.

vanz
vanz Posted Tue 27 May, 2008 7:01 PM Quote
I think it's normal, I'm on my third year in med school and to me the first year was hell, but it gets better!

but if you don't feel really comfortable with that major you should try something else and decide if it's right for you

Peculiar
Peculiar Posted Tue 27 May, 2008 7:05 PM Quote
Getting into medicine is a brilliant achievment! There have been so many times that I've felt like quiting uni and was unsure if it was the right thing for me but now that I'm at the end of 3rd year and nearly finished I'm so so glad I stuck with it.
I'd say keep at it especially if your near the start.

mozman68
mozman68 Posted Tue 27 May, 2008 7:58 PM Quote
I think almost everything is like that...then you graduate and get into the real world where it is even more fun the school.....except for Art majors....school is the easy fun part and the real world is depressing and poor.... ; )

Meridith
Meridith Posted Tue 27 May, 2008 8:05 PM Quote
mozman68 wrote:
.....except for Art majors....school is the easy fun part and the real world is depressing and poor.... ; )

hahaha there's a lot of truth to that! Clients are a lot more restrictive than professors! It's still a lot of fun I must say though.

goodtoseeu
goodtoseeu Posted Thu 29 May, 2008 1:36 PM Quote
vanz wrote:
I think it's normal, I'm on my third year in med school and to me the first year was hell, but it gets better!

but if you don't feel really comfortable with that major you should try something else and decide if it's right for you

I agree, too. :)
To me the first year was hell too!!
I'm on third grade in medical college, am having practical training at the hospital.
When I interview my patients everyday, I'm worried about what should I do for them.

goodtoseeu
goodtoseeu Posted Thu 29 May, 2008 1:41 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
I don't think anyone loves their major all the time. And you can get burnt out. If it lasts a long time maybe you need to switch but if it's an up and down feeling, I'd say that is normal.

I agree with you.
Must have motivation for getting burnt out :)

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Thu 29 May, 2008 2:19 PM Quote
Meridith wrote:
mozman68 wrote:
.....except for Art majors....school is the easy fun part and the real world is depressing and poor.... ; )

hahaha there's a lot of truth to that! Clients are a lot more restrictive than professors! It's still a lot of fun I must say though.

what ? Meridith went to Art School ? just wait until I tell the townies

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 3:39 PM