Travis

Re: TWT - This Is Your Life!
Travis Web Team
Travis Web Team Posted Wed 28 May, 2008 9:58 AM Quote
Typing to Reach You wrote:
http://modculture.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/thisisyourlife.jpg

I thought, as part of the anniversary celebrations, we should pay tribute to TWT! So, ahem: nice one TWT, you rock!

I also thought it would be nice if we could coax a few words from the TWT themselves. :P After all, they're rather enigmatic aint they? I don't know how many of them there are, where they are, or whether they even get paid to run this site or not. And are TWT the same people as they were, say, 10 years ago?

C'mon TWT, give us a few answers to these questions. http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x66/Jearoon2/Smilies/24-happy2.gif I've got a nice shiny 'This is your life' book here and nothing to put in it.

Hello,

shucks, gee, well, erm....you're right in that the Travis Web Team story is a book in itself - we may even write it.... one day.

We'll have a think about what we can tell you without breaking our confidentialty clauses ;) Though that in itself could take a while.

best,
TWT

the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Wed 28 May, 2008 10:51 AM Quote
Wahey, a response! Thanks TWT!

*whispers* The compliments are obviously working, we need more people and they might say something else! ;)

Typing to Reach You
Typing to Reach You Posted Wed 28 May, 2008 1:01 PM Quote
Haha cheers TWT, we will eagerly await your response. http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x66/Jearoon2/Smilies/4-Wink.gif

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Wed 28 May, 2008 4:45 PM Quote

Haha, thanks TWT!!

Haha cheers TWT, we will eagerly await your response. http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x66/Jearoon2/Smilies/4-Wink.gif

Agree ^^

Typing to Reach You
Typing to Reach You Posted Thu 12 Jun, 2008 9:19 PM Quote
ahem.

the boy with a cryptic name Posted Thu 12 Jun, 2008 9:56 PM Quote
...eagerly await your response????

*coughs pointedly*

paul_c
paul_c Posted Fri 13 Jun, 2008 1:07 AM Quote
TWT, thanks for giving us news, breaking up fights, righting wrongs, and wronging rights

LEGENDS : )

champagnesupernova
champagnesupernova Posted Fri 13 Jun, 2008 10:47 AM Quote
Oooohhhhh. MON THE TWT! :-)

mozman68
mozman68 Posted Fri 13 Jun, 2008 8:24 PM Quote
Okay TWT...since you are reading this thread...how about adding some features, like the ability to see what threads have been read, a "new" button so we can be taken to the latest post in a thread...okay, that'll do... ; )

Oh yeah...some emoticons.

http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/aetsch/cheeky-smiley-006.gif

irenesfor
irenesfor Posted Fri 13 Jun, 2008 11:16 PM Quote
Thanksss TWT!!! ^.^

champagnesupernova
champagnesupernova Posted Sat 14 Jun, 2008 12:28 AM Quote
In addition to Mozman's post, I'd nicely suggest you -the precious TWT- to put a profile picture on your profile. I know being a 'red' is beyond cool and doesn't require any visual accessory but still... avatars are nice.

*makes a bow and thanks kindly*

Travis Web Team
Travis Web Team Posted Sun 15 Jun, 2008 6:31 PM Quote
mozman68 wrote:
Okay TWT...since you are reading this thread...how about adding some features, like the ability to see what threads have been read, a "new" button so we can be taken to the latest post in a thread...okay, that'll do... ; )

Oh yeah...some emoticons.

http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/aetsch/cheeky-smiley-006.gif

Hi mozman68,

we're always interested to hear your views on the forum and how it could be improved, and we always note these in our wish list for the next upgrade or version.

As many of you have remarked on or noticed this forum differs from the standard PHBB versions that are used within many other band sites. We decided to author our own version of the forum as this meant we could incorporate many other aspects of the site to link up with the forum and member profiles.

We can post news items straight through from the news area as announcements without having to duplicate or re-input posts which makes life alot easier for us and within our member profiles we can also hold data on forthcoming gigs that members attend and a record of shows that members have attended and indexes of their photos posted to the archive, functionality like this just would not have been possible if we had wired in a PHBB version. So we took the plunge and decided to go our own way

Having said that we realise also that our system lacks many of the features that can be found in the ready made forums and we are aware of these limitations.

The site's last major upgrade was made just over one year ago when we moved from static HTML pages into an integrated database driven system and this has, to an extent, future proofed the site in that we can now hold on to the databases content and work on the coding that pulls the data onto pages.

When we are called upon to make another significant update and given a budget with which to do so, we will definitely review our wish list and suggestions from members and see if we can incorporate further updates to improve the functionality and service for everyone that uses the forum.

best,
TWT

the boy with a cryptic name Posted Sun 15 Jun, 2008 8:34 PM Quote
Thanks for the reply TWT, maybe we need to start badgering Fran to get some money for a nice upgrade ;)

EDIT: Oops, I forgot to say how great I think the board is! It may not be as good as some of the other boards, but it's unique and our own and I loooove it! :D *hugs laptop screen*

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Sun 15 Jun, 2008 8:48 PM Quote
Thanks TWT! :)

I personally love this site and this messageboard and to be honest, would change very little. :)

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Sun 15 Jun, 2008 9:02 PM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
Thanks TWT! :)

I personally love this site and this messageboard and to be honest, would change very little. :)

Me too. I kinda got used to it already.
And I must say I love the members profiles and the fact that we can add pics and reviews in the tour archive, or add our names to gigs. I think it's very special and cool :o)

Pages Previous 1 [2] 3 Next All Times BST Current Time 4:40 AM