Travis

Re: The Stanley Cup Final thread
themanwho06
themanwho06 Posted Thu 05 Jun, 2008 2:28 PM Quote
Woohoo!! The Wings did it! Part of me is glad Hockey season is over...staying up late to watch the games was taking its toll on this poor teacher!! Go Zetterberg!

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Thu 05 Jun, 2008 2:34 PM Quote
themanwho06 wrote:
Woohoo!! The Wings did it! Part of me is glad Hockey season is over...staying up late to watch the games was taking its toll on this poor teacher!! Go Zetterberg!

Well, school will be out soon and you can catch up on your Z's. Woo hoo, high five!

Darran
Darran Posted Thu 05 Jun, 2008 2:42 PM Quote
Ah well, he fell on his hoop Game 1 and his hoop again cost the Pens Game 6.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Thu 05 Jun, 2008 2:50 PM Quote
Darran wrote:
Ah well, he fell on his hoop Game 1 and his hoop again cost the Pens Game 6.

"Hoop?" Ha ha! I've never heard it called that before. Anything to do with hoop dresses?

Nikki
Nikki Posted Thu 05 Jun, 2008 3:31 PM Quote
WOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! WE DID IT!!!!!!! :D I am so thrilled this morning!!! :D I can't get the smile off my face! This is so great for the city of Detroit, with all we've been through this year. The Red Wings are unbelievable: 17 straight playoff seasons, four Cups in 11 years, eight 100+ regular seasons in a row. WE RULE!!!! And another point that's constantly overlooked by the media is the fact that Sidney Crosby and Malkin were drafted like No. 1 and 2 or some crap like that and the Wings for years have been drafting low and finding these incredible diamonds in the rough. Playoff MVP Henrik Zetterberg was drafted 210th overall in the 7th round and Pavel Datsyuk was drafted in the 6th round, 171st overall. I also feel great for Nick Lidstrom, first European-born Capitan to hoist the Stanley Cup, for Dallas Drake on his first championship and also for Chris Osgood, who has reinvented himself and is playing the best hockey of his career!

I'm going to cover an event on Saturday for the paper so my Editor just told me I could have Friday off!!!!!! AHHHHHHHH!!!! I'm SO goin' to the Parade!!!!!!!!!!!! :D I can’t wait to go downtown sporting my new Stanley Cup hat and T-shirt!! I wish you could go Kayte! I’ll take TONS of pics for you and post them here! I didn't get to go in ‘97, ‘98 or 2002. This is gonna be a SWEET summer.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Thu 05 Jun, 2008 5:34 PM Quote
you get to go the parade?? that's awesome!!
And i was thinking last night how happy i was for McCarty. He has come so far in the last couple years! Good for him. And did you see poor little Scottie Bowman trying to lift the cup? Poor old fella, lol. I love Scottie. But can i say the only thing i dislike about the Wings: that the A's and C's are on the wrong side! I remember reading at the begining of the year it is bc the logo is too big, but come on! It looks extra dumb with the Stanley Cup Final logo smushed over there. Okay, im done my rant. yay Wings.

Darran
Darran Posted Thu 05 Jun, 2008 5:43 PM Quote
McCarty was going sign for us! (us being The Belfast Giants) He had a contract drawn out and all with our GM.

How cool.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Thu 05 Jun, 2008 5:56 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
And i was thinking last night how happy i was for McCarty. He has come so far in the last couple years! Good for him. And did you see poor little Scottie Bowman trying to lift the cup? Poor old fella, lol. I love Scottie. But can i say the only thing i dislike about the Wings: that the A's and C's are on the wrong side! I remember reading at the begining of the year it is bc the logo is too big, but come on! It looks extra dumb with the Stanley Cup Final logo smushed over there. Okay, im done my rant. yay Wings.

That's so cool Darran! I'm very happy for DMac too! :) This is where he belongs. He loves to play for the Wings.

Kristy, If that's the only complaint you have about the Wings than I'm happy, lol. The Red Wings have the sweetest looking jersey's in the league, in my opinion. So classic. The winged-wheel is the ultimate logo. I also really like Chicago's jerseys, Toronto's, the Sens...and Buffalo's old red, white, black and silver jersey's were awesome. Why the hell did they change them?

Nikki
Nikki Posted Thu 05 Jun, 2008 6:42 PM Quote
themanwho06 wrote:

It'll be a fun summer, but I'm gonna miss hockey like crazy! I'm looking forward to the award ceremony coming up. Thank God for NHL Network! Lidstrom is up for the Norris, Pav is up for the Lady Byng, Z and Pav are both up for the Selke, Cheli is up for the Masterton and Babs is up for the Jack Adams! :D

I'm hoping the NHL can get the scheduling straightened out over the summer so that each team can play each other at least once at home and once on the road. Hey, we might actually get to play some of our old Eastern Conference rivals instead of playing Columbus and Nashville 55 times! It sucks for the Wings players having to play in the West when Detroit is in the Eastern time zone...they should at least let us play teams on the East Coast more often! Gary Bettman is a tool.

Oh, and Kristy, I love Scotty too! He's so awesome! Did anyone catch the interview with Steve Yzerman? Ah, it made the night complete. :)

minnmess
minnmess Posted Thu 05 Jun, 2008 8:54 PM Quote
Nikki wrote:
minnmess wrote:

That's so cool Darran! I'm very happy for DMac too! :) This is where he belongs. He loves to play for the Wings.

Kristy, If that's the only complaint you have about the Wings than I'm happy, lol. The Red Wings have the sweetest looking jersey's in the league, in my opinion. So classic. The winged-wheel is the ultimate logo. I also really like Chicago's jerseys, Toronto's, the Sens...and Buffalo's old red, white, black and silver jersey's were awesome. Why the hell did they change them?

Well, i guess i have 2 complaints, bc i hate Hasek, but since he sucked and had to sit his ass on the bench, i can deal with that! I liked the Sens (red) jerseys better the last few years before they switched to the new jerseys this year (the new league wide reebok ones) but still love it. They were actually my highschool's hockey jerseys. Different logo of course, but a Sens jersey none the less! Im glad they got rid of the black ones. Wasnt a huge fan of those, except i did like the Peace Tower/red maple leaf crest on the shoulder. And ive always loved the simplicity and tradition of the Habs jerseys.
And one of my favourite sentences ever muttered by my friend Jaimie, who is a NJ fan "I got a new New Jersey jersey today."
Okay, the word 'jersey' has lost all meaning to me now. Like on monday when i was doing a seating plan for an event at work and the word 'table' lost all meaning. they no longer look like recognizable words.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Thu 05 Jun, 2008 9:29 PM Quote
http://i28.tinypic.com/2ngttog.jpg

http://i28.tinypic.com/vwv6zb.jpg

Mmmmm...tastes good!! :D

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Thu 05 Jun, 2008 11:57 PM Quote
Oh, look, it's my Ozzie drinkin' from the cup. Nice turtleneck.

With the protective gear on and no jerseys they look like robots.

Nikki, have a GRRRREAT time at the parade! Can't wait to see the pictures. I hope you don't burn up alive out there. It's supposed to be a scorcher.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Fri 06 Jun, 2008 1:05 AM Quote
I love how he is being sprayed with another bottle while drinking. Champagne on the inside and out! I hope their stalls were nicely wrapped in Seran Wrap!
and ya, it is supposed to be deadly hot! Drink lots of water! from a teeny tiny stanley cup if you can!

minnmess
minnmess Posted Fri 06 Jun, 2008 5:14 AM Quote
Hey, look what i wrote in the other thread on May 20th...

YAY WINGS!

Congrats Detroit girls!

I can't believe the final doesnt start until Saturday! Erg

Predictions? I say, Wings in...6

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Fri 06 Jun, 2008 5:16 AM Quote
Nikki I love that you are so girly in most every other way but you talk about hockey like a dude.

To quote Ric, "that's rad."

Pages Previous 1...3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Times BST Current Time 3:33 PM