Here we are then Game 1 of a posible 7

It's men against boys.

It's going to be one hell of a series.

Re: The Stanley Cup Final thread
minnmess
minnmess Posted Sat 24 May, 2008 9:16 PM Quote
New thread!
Farewell 30 page one!

I want the Wings to win it quickly, but my friend who i was supposed to get together with to watch a few games is out of town until game 6. Whats a girl to do? I know, forget about friends, GO WINGS!

minnmess
minnmess Posted Sun 25 May, 2008 1:15 AM Quote
maybe im just hearing things, but for the ceremonial faceoff, did the public address announcer call him "Steven Crosby??" If so, HAHAH
look Nikki: STEVIE Y!

edit: my friend with a Tivo-like product has confirmed that he said "Pittsburgh FLAMES captain STEVEN Crosby."
I officially love that announcer

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Sun 25 May, 2008 2:14 AM Quote
A scoreless first period. I have the washing machine going now, the real game can begin.

Darran
Darran Posted Sun 25 May, 2008 11:39 AM Quote
Back to the drawing board for The Pens, the men showed them how to play defensive hockey.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Sun 25 May, 2008 2:32 PM Quote
Woo hoo!

Nikki
Nikki Posted Sun 25 May, 2008 3:50 PM Quote
OMG! WHAT A GAME!!!!!!!!

I swear to God the NHL is so screwed up. How on EARTH could they call goaltender interference on that first goal by Lidstrom? It was the biggest load of crap I've ever seen. Even worse than the goal they called back in the Dallas series! Holmstrom wasn't in the crease, he didn't even touch Fleury...he had his stick in play. That's IT! WTF???? They should be ashamed and embarrassed of what they're doing to Homer. It's a joke.

Despite all that, we still got 4 goals to count and Ozzie stood on his head for the shutout! :D The Pens are going down!!!!!

Kristy, I seriously had a tear in my eye when Stevie Y came out to drop the puck. I wasn't expecting it at all. I was laughing so hard when the Red Wings announcer said "Steven Crosby"!! Ahhh >.< Budd Lynch rules!

Can't wait for game two...GO WINGS!!!!!!!

minnmess
minnmess Posted Sun 25 May, 2008 5:45 PM Quote
Nikki wrote:
OMG! WHAT A GAME!!!!!!!!

I swear to God the NHL is so screwed up. How on EARTH could they call goaltender interference on that first goal by Lidstrom? It was the biggest load of crap I've ever seen. Even worse than the goal they called back in the Dallas series! Holmstrom wasn't in the crease, he didn't even touch Fleury...he had his stick in play. That's IT! WTF???? They should be ashamed and embarrassed of what they're doing to Homer. It's a joke.

Despite all that, we still got 4 goals to count and Ozzie stood on his head for the shutout! :D The Pens are going down!!!!!

Kristy, I seriously had a tear in my eye when Stevie Y came out to drop the puck. I wasn't expecting it at all. I was laughing so hard when the Red Wings announcer said "Steven Crosby"!! Ahhh >.< Budd Lynch rules!

Can't wait for game two...GO WINGS!!!!!!!

That really was the stupidest call! Oh well, they won!
Aww, i had heard that he was 90, but a CDN war veteran too! Yaya Budd Lynch! You can call players whatever you like!
And on an unrelated note, my friend saw a Messier action figure at a garage sale yesterday and he had no arms and the lady told him it was bc he was so tough on the ice. Not anymore without those arms! And im sad that you Americans got to see him if you watched the game on Versus, and i did not :(

Nikki
Nikki Posted Sun 25 May, 2008 6:23 PM Quote
My friend got me a Steve Yzerman action figure for my Birthday about five years ago. :) He comes with a stick, puck and a net. hehee.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Sun 25 May, 2008 9:45 PM Quote
I have a messier one that stands on a little piece of "ice" with a stick and moving parts, but his hand broke while moving back from univeristy :(
But my messier bobblehead is in fine shape, lol.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Sun 25 May, 2008 9:48 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
I have a messier one that stands on a little piece of "ice" with a stick and moving parts, but his hand broke while moving back from univeristy :(

LOL! I have a Stevie Bobblehead. He's on a piece of "ice" with the Cup. It rulez.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Sun 25 May, 2008 11:22 PM Quote
Nikki wrote:
minnmess wrote:

LOL! I have a Stevie Bobblehead. He's on a piece of "ice" with the Cup. It rulez.

We are total dorks. lol

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Mon 26 May, 2008 12:36 AM Quote
This is probably only of interest to Nikki:
http://www.streetinsider.com/Press+Releases/Comerica+Park+Tiger+Gets+Red+Wings+Jersey/3686341.html

Nikki
Nikki Posted Mon 26 May, 2008 11:46 PM Quote

Yay! That's awesome!!! I <3 Detroit. #1 sports city! *cough* except for the Lions *cough* ;)

Almost gametime!!!!!!! GO WINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Tue 27 May, 2008 3:49 AM Quote
looks like the great steel city likes to throw punches

Pages [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Times BST Current Time 1:43 AM