Travis

Re: The Stanley Cup Final thread
ricv64
ricv64 Posted Tue 03 Jun, 2008 4:11 AM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
Ugh, that second goal was bitter. I need some pizza.

howed you feel about that 3rd ?

minnmess
minnmess Posted Tue 03 Jun, 2008 5:11 AM Quote
K, i got home just in time for the first OT and have been sitting here in a dress and heels every since. This game needs to end so i can change/go to bed. I really thought Zetterberg would score after he got that penatly. Thats how things tend to work.
So, with 3:37 left in the 2nd OT..PLEASE END SOON (with the Wings winning)

Edited at 15:40 of 3OT to say, did anyone see Osgood's parents in the crowd a while ago? his mom looks around 40.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Tue 03 Jun, 2008 5:21 AM Quote
Triple overtime?! I'm getting sleeeeeepy. But there's no way I could sleep without knowing the outcome and I wouldn't want to miss a victory party. Yawwwwwn. Every garment in my house is clean.

Talk to y'all tomorrow. I'm gonna find a blankie and watch the 6th period.

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Tue 03 Jun, 2008 5:46 AM Quote
Pirates score. Pirates win.

Darran
Darran Posted Tue 03 Jun, 2008 8:32 AM Quote
Wowsers, you gotta love Playoff Final hockey.

Moray
Moray Posted Tue 03 Jun, 2008 10:46 AM Quote
I'm hoping the Pengiuns win game 6 and make it 3-3 with everything to play for in game 7. That'd be great.

I might even buy NASN for that game.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Tue 03 Jun, 2008 1:38 PM Quote
ElspethOllie wrote:
Pirates score. Pirates win.

Arrrrrr, what game be you watching, matey? There be no Pirates in hockey!

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Tue 03 Jun, 2008 1:42 PM Quote
That game was just too much. Talk about edge of your seat. That was the 5th longest game in NHL history, they said.

We gotta clean it up tomorrow. I do not want a game 7. There's suspense and then there's too much suspense. My nerves can't tolerate it.

I can't believe we were less than 30 seconds away from glory. They were polishing the cup, I saw it right there. Waaaaaah!

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Tue 03 Jun, 2008 1:48 PM Quote
kayte didn't do enough laundry .

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Tue 03 Jun, 2008 2:10 PM Quote
ricv64 wrote:

Or maybe I did too much.
No, I think Mr. Turtleneck jinxed the whole thing. He was flipping through a magazine when the game first started. Then he looked at the cover. Penguins! Let's see, Don has watched two games this year, we lost both. The Penguins scored the first goal just as he sat down. He will probably be afraid to watch the next game.

Where's Nikki? Did she have a total nervous breakdown about 11:00 PM?

Moray
Moray Posted Tue 03 Jun, 2008 2:35 PM Quote
Oh, sky sports news yesterday were mentioning the build up to the big "Detroit Red Wings vs. Pittsburgh Pirates" game. I lol'd. I doubt there's more than 10 people in the UK know the Stanley Cup final is on the go just now.

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Tue 03 Jun, 2008 2:38 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
ricv64 wrote:

Or maybe I did too much.
No, I think Mr. Turtleneck jinxed the whole thing. He was flipping through a magazine when the game first started. Then he looked at the cover. Penguins! Let's see, Don has watched two games this year, we lost both. The Penguins scored the first goal just as he sat down. He will probably be afraid to watch the next game.

Where's Nikki? Did she have a total nervous breakdown about 11:00 PM?

yeah she's been quiet .

send don out for pizza , ice cream , strohs beer in a bottle ( that you can mail to me ) next game

Nikki
Nikki Posted Tue 03 Jun, 2008 2:55 PM Quote
Yeeeaaaaaaahhhh. Um...I don't even know what to say......I'm so upset right now and far too tired to type out a long rant about those fucking goalie interference calls. However, I do love how we scored that third goal and instead of showing a replay of the goal, they decided to show the Crosby breakaway from like 5 minutes earlier where he missed. Sweet.

No game seven. We'll win it out there. Fuck the Pens. I'm so pissed off and tired today. Bastards!

Darran
Darran Posted Tue 03 Jun, 2008 3:20 PM Quote
http://www.nelson-king.com/images/Sssh90.jpg

minnmess
minnmess Posted Tue 03 Jun, 2008 3:35 PM Quote
Nikki wrote:
Yeeeaaaaaaahhhh. Um...I don't even know what to say......I'm so upset right now and far too tired to type out a long rant about those fucking goalie interference calls. However, I do love how we scored that third goal and instead of showing a replay of the goal, they decided to show the Crosby breakaway from like 5 minutes earlier where he missed. Sweet.

No game seven. We'll win it out there. Fuck the Pens. I'm so pissed off and tired today. Bastards!

Oh ya, those goalie interference calls were RIDICULOUS! You cant call those in OT of the finals!
Ooooh, Nikki is breaking out teh f bombs! This is serious! K, my prediction at the begining was Wings in 6, so they are just making that come true. Although its in Pittsburgh, isnt it? boo.
Oh, there is this funny video on the tsn website about buying octupus in Pittsburgh. Funny stuff if you have a sec to check it out

Pages Previous 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Times BST Current Time 2:50 AM